Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by just have a little faith (View Post)
Do we wanna switch it up cause this is more a Pink So like I suggested Red or Blue cause over the years it seems she goes towards them
As for shoots, I seem to be pretty confident but the colors have me stumped Sarah
I will say though that the color red makes me a little nervous. Maybe it would depend on the shade because in my mind right now I'm picturing like blood or bright red and that sounds scary for my eyes do you have a shade suggestions for the red and blue Sarah? If not, maybe check out the Design Seeds site and link it?

As for blue, again I'm not sure if you were thinking of a light or dark shade. However, when I went searching for blue palettes I found myself in love with having blue and I rounded up quite a few palettes of blue that I find pretty beautiful and calming,
Note: all of these palettes I'm linking to have at least 1 or 2 colors I don't like so just because I'm posting them, doesn't necessarily mean I agree with every shade in the palette

Blues
Awaken
color sea
Color Luna
Santa Monica Hues
Succulent Spectrum
color collect
nature made
Cacti Color (only one shade is blue but I love the way it collides with the lilacs. Just take the icky green out and add more blue and this could be ideal)

Ash and Sarah - If you are both very set on wanting red in the coloring, I can be open to it! Just go on Design Seeds and give an example of what shade(s) of red you'd like to see.

To be quite honest, through the years I've always wanted the board to be much more purple. I know right now it's got purple but for me I see so much pink and I do like pink, however I've always gravitated toward a more purple because I associate it with Nina in general. I don't think she's ever mentioned her favorite color but I seem to always take note of how much purple she did not just with dresses or clothes but she constantly does purple in her eye shadow also she looks so good in purple that I've also considered it as her signature color. so, I did find some shades I'd be happy with AND there are also ones with purple and blue and I think they blend beautifully together!

My Ideal Color Palettes
Mental Vacation
Color Shore
Color Dream
Summer Dream

For now, my mind seems to be set on liking purples, blues, indigos, and maybe a little pop of a muted pink or possibly red? And of course anyone feel free to give feedback on these. Whether you love them or not. If you don't like any of these maybe just give me some shades you might like in them and we could work toward something we all like. If you are just completely against the colors purple and/or blue, please tell me I would love to know! I am certainly not against a bigger change. I realize some of you may be thinking why I'm thinking about purple when we're pretty close on that color currently, well to me it's just too much on the pink side for my taste and I don't dislike pink, I think the shades I suggested would be a very noticeable change, and Sarah got me into blue as well so maybe some of you would rather have the board mainly blue and only small details purple I know a lot of us agreed upon her Cosmopolitan shoot but I think if we want the main color to be blue it would look very well with the Nylon Shoot, while I gravitate toward purple being the main color if the Cosmo Shoot is chosen but that's just me. And I know that no one had said anything about her Femina Shoot, but if it were chosen I would not want a green palette since she's wearing green also (or at least if there was green I would want it to be minimal, even though green just so happens to be my favorite color I don't think it's a fitting color for Nina and the board)

Sorry for rambling guys I'm just excited!

Quote:
AQL BUILD Series Portraits
Now this last one could make the most sense and I know Erin listed it due to how its most recent of 2017 I'm really unsure cause I'm still very unsure of her shorter hair style cause I'm very PASSIONATE about her longer hair

Is she going to keep this style for awhile or will she grow it back out do we want a banner for 4 years of her shorter hair if she's going to grow it back to its regular

Either way I do LOVE this shoot - its just the short hair that has me
I agree, and I see where you're coming from on this shoot. It was at the bottom of my list so I have no issues eliminating it. Also, after posting it, I realized another issue with the shoot could very well be difficult to crop her out of the black background. I could just be paranoid about it because I know that when I crop someone from a black background, I can never seem to completely clean up the edges and her hair is dark in the shoot so that could be a headache for the GT to make sure that they cleans the edges perfectly but also not end of erasing some of her hair but it's only an assumption based upon my experience or lack thereof and you were also right about one of my reasons I chose it: it's the most current one and I desperately wanted to post at least one shoot from 2017 that would qualify

Quote:
^^ This is the only other one minus the two 2013 ones that I listed 2014 is closer where I'm 50/50 on the most recent one cause of the hair but like I said I'll let the moderators think about the hair situation of it being shorter than I've personally ever seen it. With the whole thing of how long will it stay short
No no love, your opinion is no less important than mine or Ash's. We may be the moderators, but this is very much just as your board as it is ours. I mean I'm talking about you! You are a very involved poster so please don't hesitate to voice what you like. Hair changes all of the time, Nina did spend most of her life with medium to long hair, so there's that fact. But, we also know that as of right now, she's cut it and she's done this a few times before. She seems to like changing it up lengthwise!
the only concern I would ever have about hair is if she were coloring her hair a lot or something because that could get a little tough to "predict" how long till she colors it again but luckily this is a non-issue for Nina.
So if you find a shoot that meets the requirements and you like it, please post it, I've loved your opinions so far (only with the exception of the 2009 shoot since it is outdated) but other than that, I need ya even if me and Ash could be the ones to decide, we'd so not want to do it alone I know I wouldn't. This board is not here just because of us, you all are the reason. Sorry to get sappy, I just want everyone to know that we all have no more or less power. Again sorry for my rambling just want to be flexible to everyone's opinions!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I would honestly avoid Red all together. It's not a colour we use often unless it's a show where blood or so is important. Since it's, like you said, hard to do it right since red is just bright and can be hard on the eyes.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

When I'm more awake I'll figure color schemes
Old 05-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
As for blue, again I'm not sure if you were thinking of a light or dark shade. However, when I went searching for blue palettes I found myself in love with having blue and I rounded up quite a few palettes of blue that I find pretty beautiful and calming,
Note: all of these palettes I'm linking to have at least 1 or 2 colors I don't like so just because I'm posting them, doesn't necessarily mean I agree with every shade in the palette

Blues
color sea
Color Luna
Santa Monica Hues
Succulent Spectrum
Cacti Color (only one shade is blue but I love the way it collides with the lilacs. Just take the icky green out and add more blue and this could be ideal)

I really like the idea of a light-medium blue....easy and inviting.

I do like the top three of color sea, but they seem really close to Ash's board colors....
The bottom three of the Color Luna are nice.
The second and third on the Santa Monica Hues set are pretty.
I like all of the colors for Succulent Spectrum other than the green.
I do like the Cacti Color ones, too...it's just they look a lot like Ash's board...Maybe we could do a slightly different variation of it.

Quote:
To be quite honest, through the years I've always wanted the board to be much more purple. I know right now it's got purple but for me I see so much pink and I do like pink, however I've always gravitated toward a more purple because I associate it with Nina in general. I don't think she's ever mentioned her favorite color but I seem to always take note of how much purple she did not just with dresses or clothes but she constantly does purple in her eye shadow also she looks so good in purple that I've also considered it as her signature color. so, I did find some shades I'd be happy with AND there are also ones with purple and blue and I think they blend beautifully together!

My Ideal Color Palettes
Mental Vacation
Color Shore
Color Dream
Summer Dream
I wouldn't mind purple except for the fact that Ash's board is also purple. Maybe we can do a more darker purple but still pretty purple so it's not too much like Ash's board.

Those are all very pretty color schemes!

Quote:
For now, my mind seems to be set on liking purples, blues, indigos, and maybe a little pop of a muted pink or possibly red? And of course anyone feel free to give feedback on these. Whether you love them or not. If you don't like any of these maybe just give me some shades you might like in them and we could work toward something we all like. If you are just completely against the colors purple and/or blue, please tell me I would love to know! I am certainly not against a bigger change. I realize some of you may be thinking why I'm thinking about purple when we're pretty close on that color currently, well to me it's just too much on the pink side for my taste and I don't dislike pink, I think the shades I suggested would be a very noticeable change, and Sarah got me into blue as well so maybe some of you would rather have the board mainly blue and only small details purple I know a lot of us agreed upon her Cosmopolitan shoot but I think if we want the main color to be blue it would look very well with the Nylon Shoot, while I gravitate toward purple being the main color if the Cosmo Shoot is chosen but that's just me. And I know that no one had said anything about her Femina Shoot, but if it were chosen I would not want a green palette since she's wearing green also (or at least if there was green I would want it to be minimal, even though green just so happens to be my favorite color I don't think it's a fitting color for Nina and the board)

Sorry for rambling guys I'm just excited!
I like the idea of blue/purple mix. Maybe a light to medium blue and whatever shade of purple goes best with it? And we could do it either way, blue as the main color with purple accents or purple as the main color with blue accents. I think either way would look very good!

Yeah, I think we've all pretty much agreed that if we can go with the Cosmopolitan shoot, that'd be the best, right?!

I just love these three pics and would not mind seeing them for four years.

Nina Dobrev France | Photos

I mentioned the Femina Shoot earlier about these four pics if we were to go with this one...

Purple/Blue would go well with this shoot, too!

Quote:
No no love, your opinion is no less important than mine or Ash's. We may be the moderators, but this is very much just as your board as it is ours. I mean I'm talking about you! You are a very involved poster so please don't hesitate to voice what you like. Hair changes all of the time, Nina did spend most of her life with medium to long hair, so there's that fact. But, we also know that as of right now, she's cut it and she's done this a few times before. She seems to like changing it up lengthwise!
the only concern I would ever have about hair is if she were coloring her hair a lot or something because that could get a little tough to "predict" how long till she colors it again but luckily this is a non-issue for Nina.
So if you find a shoot that meets the requirements and you like it, please post it, I've loved your opinions so far (only with the exception of the 2009 shoot since it is outdated) but other than that, I need ya even if me and Ash could be the ones to decide, we'd so not want to do it alone I know I wouldn't. This board is not here just because of us, you all are the reason. Sorry to get sappy, I just want everyone to know that we all have no more or less power. Again sorry for my rambling just want to be flexible to everyone's opinions!
I agree with you!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

With my recent attempting to figure out banner styles - would I be allowed to practice than share ones if I made ones for Nina
Old 05-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The black background on the newer pictures shouldn't be an issue, we're quite used to having dark backgrounds on pictures. But I feel you prefer using older pictures instead?
Quote:
With my recent attempting to figure out banner styles - would I be allowed to practice than share ones if I made ones for Nina
You can make & do whatever you want, we can't stop you. But it doesn't affect or represent what we'll do with the graphic. We actually encourage people who want to try things to take a look at some of the recent threads & give them a go. Please keep any art you make to the art threads (your own, art threads on here) & not post them in here

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-03-2017, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That last part answered my question I'll share them instead in the fanart thread
Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
I would honestly avoid Red all together. It's not a colour we use often unless it's a show where blood or so is important. Since it's, like you said, hard to do it right since red is just bright and can be hard on the eyes.
I have to agree, I really was afraid of red being a possibility but I also didn't want to come off as being close minded to it since more than one person liked the idea
Red can be quite unpredictable especially when mixed with other colors.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind purple except for the fact that Ash's board is also purple.

Ash, I just looked at Ashley's board and oh my goodness I totally was trying to copy the look without even knowing it it looks so pretty! But I can understand, I think my other board will likely be my purple fix so now I will focus on some other color combos, and if any purple should be included, maybe only in the small parts so that we aren't blatantly copying Ashley T's board

Quote:
I mentioned the Femina Shoot earlier about these four pics if we were to go with this one...
Oh my goodness you did mention it! I overlooked you Ash my apologies And yes, as long as the faces are close-up like the ones in our current banner I can see it going right along with the colors we want. Or maybe we explore a more neutral palette with a pop of a color? Hmm.

Quote:
I just love these three pics and would not mind seeing them for four years.

And yes to those 3 you linked to, those are the ones I was specifically thinking of

By the way, I will be posting an organized summary of what we seem to agree on most so that the GT doesn't have to sift through so many "yes, no, maybe so" answers

Quote:
Ohh Sarah...I like the way you think with your question! I actually thought about doing something similar. I actually took one of her pictures from her Cosmopolitan shoot into photoshop and took a color dropper and began to click her dress, jewelry, the background, pretty much a home made palette So Sarah if/when you do post or link what you have in mind let me know because I am so intrigued by this idea.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Are we collective right now the 3 of us that have commented going with COSMOPOLITAN? where now its just the color schemes [I'm going to play/practice with more than just it btw but primary will focus on it]

I'm liking the idea of Blue but not ruling out Red or now come think of Purple love the idea

So will play around today cause I need the practice anyways and why not play between Katie and Nina

Yes I'm absolutely weird/crazy/insane
Old 05-03-2017, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sarah, you are not crazy at all and if you were then that would make me insane also because you're totally speaking my language

This is a difficult process and I'm so grateful that the board is getting a fresh new look but I wish I knew exactly what I wanted instead of listing like top 10 palettes that are quite different

Ah, so purple is beginning to appeal to you? Funny because you got me into blue mixed with purple We definitely should mix any purple with another primary color since Ash had mentioned her Ashley Tisdale board is so purple and when I popped over there I was like "this is what I envisioned!" But I'd also like for this board to be original in colors. And I think blues and purples could accomplish that!

Quote:
Are we collective right now the 3 of us that have commented going with COSMOPOLITAN? where now its just the color schemes?
Well, it's not quite confirmed since the tally is at 3 so unless anyone else comes forward and likes a different one or anything like that then we are headed there

As for color schemes, I do know that I do not want the board's primary color to be pink. It's pink right now so I'm sick of seeing it however I am not against a little bit of pink because I do feel like it's a great match for the Cosmo shoot.
I also feel like pink is quite a common color for female boards on here, so again I'd like to deviate from the rest There are plenty of shades of pink that could be used so if anyone feels like they do want some pink on the board I'd love it if you linked me to the shade(s) you prefer

I'll be back later on in here to suggest more ideas that aren't as purple obsessed
Old 05-03-2017, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll be doing playing around shortly wanted a new icon and that took a bit plus going between two sexy ladies

Its why I this board Erin you guys speak my language
Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my gosh I just realized something! Did anyone mention her photoshoot from Prestige Magazine?! It's very current (from this year) and it's a gorgeous photoshoot! But I do notice that this one might not be fitting since each photo is so different. GT, can I throw this one into the ring? I completely understand why if it isn't, but I have to try! Not to mention I think blue hues would pair with it perfectly.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I think it's one of the best options I've seen so far, especially if it's from this year.

Once again, go with whatever colour scheme you wish. You don't need to think photoshoot specific.

Have you settled on a certain colour scheme? I got kind of confused reading through all these posts.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Think you are sadly out of lucky but it was worthy to ask cause worst is a No

Finally happy with icon so time to play in Photoshop with my ladies
Old 05-03-2017, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought it had to be same type of pictures associated to outfit nice to know

Its current from this year not short hair and looks good to me

I think primary Blue but think throwing in Purple along with Blue making Blue/Purple is current discussion