Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Merlin - 4x08: Lamia Episode Discussion [Airs November 19th]

A mysterious illness draws Merlin to a distant village.
But it soon becomes clear that there is more at stake than just his patients' well-being as something sinister turns the air sour.
Far from home and with no-one to trust, Merlin becomes embroiled in a deadly game of cat and mouse.
No longer sure who is the hunter and who is the hunted, can the young warlock survive long enough to uncover the truth?

Lamia airs November 19th at 8.15pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.

RULES:
No character or ship bashing.
Not everyone is going to agree with you, so please respect that.
Have fun and enjoy the episode.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the new thread Rella

Not long to go now
Old 11-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Only 1 hour and 11 hours to go The time went by very slowly though
Old 11-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was watching Strictly Come Dancing before Merlin so it didn't so slowly for me

Loved the episode poor Merlin though no one was listening to him and the way they spoke to him too I know it was all an enchantment I just really felt for Merlin and Gwen!

My fave couple Arthur and Gwen had some lovely moments. From Arthur refusing to give up as Guinevere was with the Knights. To Arthur knowing that cloth left behind for him to find was from Guinevere's tunic. Their reunion was amazing when she jumped into his arms and they hugged Their end scene with Arthur saying how brave and courageous she is taking her hand and their kiss we are getting so many more kisses this season and I am loving it!

Also as always I love the relationship between Merlin and Gauis he really believes in Merlin and gives him that boost when he needs it

We had some good Arthur/Merlin scenes although not as many as we normally would.

I really loved that this episode showcased the Knights they have been focused on a lot more this year which I am pleased about

Spoiler:
Old 11-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Weakest episode of the S4. Filler ep.

Mostly I just hated how Merlin got treated The Knights didn't even apologize to him at the end.

Liked that Gwen got to do stuff that wasn't about Arthur. But Arthur had to end up saving the day.

I dont see any chemistry between Arwen so I never enjoy their stuff.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."

Last edited by cutie_pie04; 11-19-2011 at 02:40 PM
Old 11-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree about how the Knights treated Merlin I would have liked to see them apologise to Merlin at the end

Gwen was awesome charging at Lamia like that It was great to see Gwen get scenes on her own and I like that they are building up her character.

I love Arwen and Angel and Bradley work so well together I can't help but fall for them ever since S1
Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like tonight's episode at all.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I felt so bad for poor Merlin all the way through
Old 11-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04 (View Post)
Mostly I just hated how Merlin got treated The Knights didn't even apologize to him at the end.
I hated the way he got treated too If remember correctly, then Merlin was even bleeding at once point.

I know they weren't the Knights we all were used too and that Lamia had basically taken over their minds and all, but I really would have loved to see a apologize from the Knights to Merlin.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

he wasnt treated fairly well it wasnt the knights fault they wre under magic
Gwen was brave and im gad shes getting more involved too and not just being a servant

look forward to next week how come lancelot comes back? intersting i thought he was dead

I feel so high school
every time I look at you
{}
Old 11-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am interested to see how that are going to bring Lancelot back too.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

An apology, now that would have been nice. But he is a servant still, so I can see why they wouldn't (even if normally they are more friendly towards him) .

I could make other comments about the episode, but one thing I didn't understand was how Lamia died . Merlin & Gwen both stabbed her, then Arthur came along & did something & Lamia went away so Merlin & Gwen were safe. Maybe I just missed it, but I don't get what Arthur did to make her go away (die presumably)?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Gwen/Merlin only hurted Lamia. Merlin was ready to reveal himself by using magic against Lamia, but I think Arthur stabbed Lamia right in the heart with his sword and that's how Lamia died.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Ok thanks ... I just think it seemed odd when all 3 had stabbed her . Maybe Lamia could only be killed by being stabbed in the heart in the creature form, I guess that would make sense... Then no offence to Gwen, but Arthur probably would have better aim than her. I think it's just going to be one of those things that I'll never know, & have to make up an answer to myself

Chelle » join GTmy art