Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know, they also casted way older actors for the roles, in the books they are the series off as being twelve year olds, but they're suppose to be like 16 in the movies. Just so different.

Yeah like Ian and Wanda were cute, especially since how he was so against the aliens but fell in love with her, but I just loved Ian/Melanie's story so much, I was always craving more of them. And just getting to relive those moments again.

Yep, we're all fine didn't even lose any tress, but lots of others did, my boss at work didn't get the power back on until today. And I went on my bike ride on Monday and came across two flooded paths and two fallen down tress over the path, it's crazy.

I'm so glad for my AC. And the ceiling fan in my room as well. I can't imagine not having it in this heat.
Ria
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, okay... That's really different, too. And one of the really big changes I guess.

You know, I can't wait for the movie to be released on dvd. It will be so much earlier in the States... I'm kind of jealous.

Wow, it's been really bad... Wasn't different here after the heat we had bad thunderstorms, too.

You've got a ceiling fan in your room, too?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

A lot of people hate on the movie because of that, but if you watch the movie as just a movie, it's entertaining, which is something that movies should be right? So I personally think it gets too much hate. Did it such as a book adaption? Yes. Did it suck as a movie? No.

The Host comes out July 9th here. I didn't even think about that, I might have to buy it as well.

I also saw two movies this past weekend, Monsters University and World War Z.

Yep, I have a ceiling fan. I it, I decided that any house I live in has to have ceiling fans. All the bedrooms in my house have them, along with the family room.

I'm so tired, I'm so glad it's Friday tomorrow. It's been a long, hot week.
Ria
Old 06-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I really didn't know that so many people hated the Percy Jackson movie I really thought it was really successful. It's sad that people sometimes can't see the movie for what it is...

July 9th already? I want to have the dvd too!

How was World War Z because I'm planning on watching it, too...

So funny about the ceiling fans.

I read that you're having a week off? Lucky you. I wish I had, too but no instead I have to work on six days the next week
Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it gets a lot of hate. The movie did decently, well it did ok in the US and then did really well internationally, obviously enough to make a sequel.

I liked World War Z, it was kind of creepy at some parts, made me jump, but I liked it and my dad, who I saw it with, really liked it as well.

Yep I get a week off. Since it's the 4th of July next week, Thursday and Friday are paid holidays at my job, but our manager decided that he's going to close down the branch for the whole week, so I get a whole week of not having to get up early. Though I will be going up to my cabin for the later part of that week. I'm just excited to sleep in and do nothing.

I'm going out of town for the day today as well, just up north a couple hours for a little family get together, and then we'll come back tonight.
Ria
Old 06-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

And when you say that the trailer this time looks a lot more like the books I guess it has good chances?

Okay... Then I'll definitely go see it, too. I still don't know what's happening to the world population by watching the trailer... But don't tell me, please I want to figure it out on my own. If need be by watching it.

Oh, your cabin! I still recall the pics you posted when you went there last year. I loved it!
And right, July 4th... I kind of forgot about it.

Pretty awesome plan for today. I hope you'll tell us how it went.

I went to see a friend of mine today. She's got a three year old and just got a second child two weeks ago. Soooo lovely, both of the children It was such a great day.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

I hope so, I'd love for them to make more movies. I really want them to make the last book, book 5 into a movie, it's my favorite and it would be amazing.

Oh you don't know the premise? I won't tell you, but I already knew, I'd read about it, and actually it's based on a book, a book that we actually have at my work.

Yep, I'm excited to go to my cabin and celebrate the 4th, it should be a good time. Hopefully the weather is nice.

And Saturday was fun, I had a good time with the family and we decided that we're going to make it a plan to do every year. There place was on a lake in the woods as well, really pretty up there. And then we looked at old slides, from when my parents were little, that was really cool.

Aww that's great Kris, happy that you had a great day.
Ria
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

And the first movie is just about the first book? The second about the second one? So it would take three more movies, right? That's still a lot to go.

Today I read a review about it and yeah, it's about zombies, right?

I'll cross my fingers for you to have great weather.

Aww, sounds so awesome and beautiful. I'd love to sit on a lake, just me in a really comfortable chair on the porch of an old, little cottage. All on my own.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Yep, each movie is just one book. My only thing is that I'm wondering if they were planning on condescending at all so they get to the final book you know? I mean for all I know they could have put stuff from book 3 into the 2nd movie, I don't really know because I haven't seen it yet.

Zombies it is. Really creepy zombies if you ask me.

I went and saw Despicable Me 2 today, loved it. I don't know if you've ever seen the first one, but it's adorable. I never expected to like is as much as I did when I first saw it. So was really excited for the sequel to come out, and it lived up.

I'm bringing a bunch of books with me and I plan on getting a lot of reading done, lots of reading and laying in the sun as well. Hopefully lots of swimming if it's nice out as well.
Ria
Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey everyone
Aww movie talk, something I can participate in
It was very weird for me to read the first Percy Jackson book after I'd seen the movie because I noticed just how much they'd changed everything (though personally I like the idea of aging the characters, it certainly worked for Game of Thrones )

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey

Movie talk is always awesome! So you're a book fan, too, Sheida? Great to hear though that you nevertheless really liked the movie. And by all that Ria told me before I as well think it a good idea to age the characters... you can reach a bigger amount of viewers there with.

Ria, a lot of reading? I'm kind of jealous! I didn't habe time to read for weeks now or wasn't in the mood... Hopefully it will change soon.

Despicable Me 2? I have to admit that I've never seen the first movie... But I really would like to since so many people keep telling how awesome it is
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

A part of me wishes they hadn't aged the characters, just so it could have been more in with Harry Potter, where the actors could continue to play the characters in multiple movies. But it doesn't bother me enough to make me hate the movie though.

Yeah I ended up finishing 2 and a half books. I'm reading this series, the 39 Clues, there are 11 books in the first series and then the 2nd series has 6 books, and I'm finally on book 5 of the later series, so I only have 1 and a half books left, I've been reading the series for over a year, so it's a long time coming.

Despicable Me is an adorable and funny movie. Seriously, it's so cute. I quote it a lot.
Ria
Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand that, I haven't read book 2 yet but it would have been cool to see the character age with time

Aww I've heard loads about 39 Clues, I haven't read them though, they're a loooong series and I am a lazy reader as it is :lol;
I'm gonna start the second book in the Bloodlines series today, lets hope this gets me back into proper reading

Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

They keep having stuff on the official website for Sea of Monsters and it's making me so excited for the movie. All the little details that they seem to have brought from the book.

Yeah it is really long. But they're pretty good, very intense. It's a series that, even if it's made for kids, it doesn't have a problem with killing off characters.

One of my best friends loves the Bloodlines books, I myself have never read them though. I'm trying to read more books, I took a mini break from reading for awhile cause I was marathoning Pretty Little Liars, but now I've started back on more books again.
Ria
Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww I love it when series take risks. Have you read Cirque du Freak by Darren Shan? That's for kids too, I actually only read it cause they'd kinda scared my little sister and I read to be able to help her with that but the're really complicated, well thought (especially the last book) and also not afraid of killing basically everyone

Bloodlines is good, have you read Vampire Academy? It's a spinoff of that and I LOVED the first 3 VA books, the rest not so much, but still, I'm enjoying this new series so far
Ooh have you caught up with PLL? I still haven't finished S4 yet but I love your Spencer/Toby icon