Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Well I'm also anti-spoiler. The only time I ever read spoilers for a show I regretted it. I was upset by something that happened and worried about what else was coming. So I read spoilers. I wasn't happy with the direction the show too anyway but know having read spoilers significantly affected my enjoyment of the remaining season.

And I do not see either a lightbulb or heart in that pic. Am I just blind?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kenni, I see it but only after people pointed it out.

Q!! Everyone is back now.

Adri, awww please feel free to join us though. Your English is perfectly fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
SARAHHH BB hey girl! I've missed you too girl! I've been good. I was in Saudi Arabia for about 2 weeks, which was absolutely amazing! Hope things are good with you!

God I love Roan SO MUCH and I love love love that he's seen some of the most important moments between them. He KNOWS this crazy kids are in love lol.
I can't wait for the Bellamy and Roan interaction this season. I NEED him to call Bellamy out on his feelings or make a snarky comment about them both TO them (please writers make this happen)
So glad you are! And awww, that's awesome. You were on a vacation there? I know you mentioned being busy at work so glad you had some time off. I'm good! Can't complain, life has been good.

I need more Clarke/Bellamy/Roan interaction too. I want more snarky Roan side-eyes and him bringing up Bellamy's feelings or making comments (like you said ).

All these Bellarke-positive articles have got me like ... I love that the media continues to acknowledge the importance of their dynamic in the show.

Quote:
It’s impossible to engage with the post-apocalyptic drama The 100 without arguing about shipping, a variety of fandom that emphasizes characters’ romantic pairings. It comes up on every social media platform discussing The 100. Who will end up with whom is discussed at every cast panel or interview, and the show infamously killing off Lexa in Season 3 — one-half of its central lesbian relationship — brought it into conversations on mainstream television.

Whether you’re interested in the relationships or plot — or maybe you just like the dope Grounders’ face paint — following The 100 means at least dipping one’s toe into online arguments over ships. Despite the current setup, the show’s upcoming fourth season is poised to invigorate The 100 by doing something fresh and intriguing: moving past that.

This isn’t to say Season 4 won’t involve coupling, nor is it disparaging the topic. To many, debating different fictional pairings is a subversive way to explore subjects still underserved by mainstream pop culture. But Season 4 will see the Arkers, delinquents, and Grounders facing their biggest collective threat yet: the apocalypse. Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and Bellamy (Bob Morley) will unite, at least platonically, to save humanity.

Just like in the real world, in times of distress, you lean on loved ones — heedless of any clean-cut label on the relationship. The question of whether the two will ever kiss is relevant to fans invested in Bellarke (the colloquial term for their pairing), but on a narrative level, it’s secondary to the practicality of their relationship.

Whether or not they’re attracted to one another, Clarke and Bellamy get **** done. Their story is most compelling when these two characters balance out each other’s more extreme traits and focus their tense dynamic outwards.
Season 2 — the show’s best to date — saw this with their destruction of Mount Weather. Bellamy’s penchant for impulsive risk-taking fused with Clarke’s forceful decision-making worked to save their people.

Season 3 was narratively weaker, in part because it stranded Clarke and Bellamy across disparate subplots. Without Clarke’s steadiness, Bellamy jumped head-first into following orders from a misguided leader. Meanwhile, without Bellamy as her anchor, Clarke was physically and mentally isolated to the point where she was disconnected from her own people when she finally returned to them. For the middle stretch of Season 3, The 100 felt aimless because “getting **** done” was on the back burner.

Luckily, Season 4 will change that. Not only does uniting the pair infuse the narrative with renewed momentum, but it also continues to link The 100 to the current zeitgeist. Season 4 is already timely in its willingness to make environmental disaster the biggest threat, just as it is in the real world. Similarly, America has a President who poses a threat to the civil rights of every marginalized group — women, POC, the LGBTQ community. Our time is one for action and mobilization, for relationships to emphasize practical accomplishments over an inward focus. The 100 might be fiction, but like other sci-fi and fantasy shows, it works in conversation with current events, particularly when they’re grim.

Now, we would be remiss to discuss The 100 and the shipping element of fan culture without mentioning Lexa (Alycia Debnam-Carey). In the method with which it axed a lesbian character, Season 3 angered a considerable portion of fans. The response to Lexa’s death wasn’t just about shipping, of course; it was about the larger issue of representation on television. But it’s also not divorced from it, as the pairing of Clarke and Lexa was central to how many fans engaged with the show. Concurrently, it’s also the second aspect of why Season 3 was weaker than Season 2, as Lexa’s death scene was clumsy on a writing level.

In doubling-down on storytelling first and foremost in Season 4, then, The 100 is rejuvenating itself in multiple areas. Fixing what makes the show better narratively also happens to fix its PR problem following Season 3.

This isn’t to say Clarke should never kiss anybody ever again, whether it’s Bellamy, Niylah, or someone entirely new. As long as it’s well-executed on a storytelling level and the writing continues to recognize that Clarke’s relationship with Bellamy is one of its greatest strengths — divorced from the question of romance — live and let live. From the ashes of an uneven Season 3, The 100 Season 4 will rise.
+

I think we have a few good titles in here too. And the article writer's tweet :

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-25-2017, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

hey girl! Hi Kenni!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Everyone is back now.

7 MORE DAYS!
Quote:
So glad you are! And awww, that's awesome. You were on a vacation there? I know you mentioned being busy at work so glad you had some time off. I'm good! Can't complain, life has been good.
I'm so glad to hear you're doing well!♥ aww thanks girl, it was such an amazing trip! My family and I were in Saudi Arabia for a religious trip but it was also a vacation as well. I wish I would describe how beautiful the Mosques are- such a sight to see. I really miss it- especially after coming back to 843702 emails at work lol.
Quote:
All these Bellarke-positive articles have got me like ... I love that the media continues to acknowledge the importance of their dynamic in the show.
Thank you for brining that over! SO MANY potential titles!♥
I absolutely love LOVE what thee author said about their dynamic and how they are stronger together. It feels so good to see that yes other people understand it and see it too. We need more articles about what an amazing and unique relationship Bellamy and Clarke share. But I suspect we will get more during season 4.
Quote:

"....without Bellamy as her anchor..."

Quote:
I need more Clarke/Bellamy/Roan interaction too. I want more snarky Roan side-eyes and him bringing up Bellamy's feelings or making comments (like you said ).
I'm so excited for that Roan and Bellamy scene from the promo. They're in the rover together alone so I'm sure that's a wonderful time for some snarky Roan goodness (I can only hope lol) I can't wait to see Bellamy's behavior towards him as well.

Quote:
Adri, awww please feel free to join us though. Your English is perfectly fine to me.
Adri, I second this!
Old 01-25-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

April, people do not need to have been here from the beginning to know how pervy you are. Three posts will do the trick
Old 01-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ So true, wifey. And I love how she guiltily asks newbies to the thread about how pervy she comes across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I'm so glad to hear you're doing well!♥ aww thanks girl, it was such an amazing trip! My family and I were in Saudi Arabia for a religious trip but it was also a vacation as well. I wish I would describe how beautiful the Mosques are- such a sight to see. I really miss it- especially after coming back to 843702 emails at work lol.

Thank you for brining that over! SO MANY potential titles!♥
I absolutely love LOVE what thee author said about their dynamic and how they are stronger together. It feels so good to see that yes other people understand it and see it too. We need more articles about what an amazing and unique relationship Bellamy and Clarke share. But I suspect we will get more during season 4.
Aww, that's nice that you could do both at one time. And I can only imagine how beautiful the mosques are. At least, it makes dealing with 393440383 emails when you're back at work, a little more worth it.

I'm glad it's being acknowledged widely over the years and continues to be so, even after the nasty ship war, since their relationship is beautiful and integral to the show.

This GIFset :

X

Almost to a new thread now ... who's starting?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 01-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, now we need to talk about who's starting again
Old 01-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

You then? Or Rose? We all haven't started in ages.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
April, people do not need to have been here from the beginning to know how pervy you are. Three posts will do the trick
Quote:
And I love how she guiltily asks newbies to the thread about how pervy she comes across
I'VE MISSED THIS #notsoinnocentbellarkers

Paula!

Quote:
I'm glad it's being acknowledged widely over the years and continues to be so, even after the nasty ship war, since their relationship is beautiful and integral to the show.
HELLZ YES

Quote:
Aww, that's nice that you could do both at one time. And I can only imagine how beautiful the mosques are. At least, it makes dealing with 393440383 emails when you're back at work, a little more worth it.
that's for sure! looking back at the pictures makes me smile every time♥

Oh man, I haven't started on in FOREVER Sure I'll do it lol. What shall the title be?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those gifs

And great article!

Old 01-25-2017, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

someone please give me a nice Tiffany Vogt quote about Bellarke this season to use as the title

or any other title ideas?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

There are a LOT but they're considered spoilery, I think, Rose. You can pick one from the OP? There's quite a few there. Or even the article I just posted.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 01-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There are a LOT but they're considered spoilery, I think, Rose. You can pick one from the OP? There's quite a few there. Or even the article I just posted.
ohhh true! I forgot about that Darn!
Ok I'll pick one from the list!
Old 01-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

oops double post

Last edited by redrose13; 01-25-2017 at 09:33 AM
Old 01-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love both, Rose. So I can't pick. Sorry, I'm no help at all.

I think the first one can work (and it'll be great if we can use it) ... you just probably have to take out the spaces in between the words in the title??

I have to get to bed now ... happy starting and I'll see you all on the next thread.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 01-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love both, Rose. So I can't pick. Sorry, I'm no help at all.

I think the first one can work (and it'll be great if we can use it) ... you just probably have to take out the spaces in between the words in the title??

I have to get to bed now ... happy starting and I'll see you all on the next thread.
good night girl!
I'll try to play with