Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by andress_jade (View Post)
I just recently started watching Friends, I have all 10 seasons on DVD and I have to say that I really enjoy the show. I never appreciated it before when it was on TV but I'm glad I'm able to enjoy it now.
I love Ross and Rachel and would like to be added to the Lobster list. I've been a member of fanforum for a few years now but I just found the Friends board in the last few days. I am anxious to to talk to everyone about R&R.
Welcome to the thread! This is definitely the place to be for discussing RnR!

Have you completed watching the series or do you still have a bit to go? Just to be sure not to spoil you.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Welcome to the thread! This is definitely the place to be for discussing RnR!

Have you completed watching the series or do you still have a bit to go? Just to be sure not to spoil you.
I've seen every single season and episode so don't worry about spoiling me.

I know you have mentioned on here songs that remind you of Ross and Rachel, there are a few that remind me of them.

Cuts Both Ways by Gloria Estefan-If you listen to the lyrics they describe Ross and Rachel's relationship to at T.

One More Try by Timmy T-This song reminds me of their reunion in The Last One.

Everything by Alanis Morrisette-If you listen to the lyrics of this song, it definitely describes how Ross feels about Rachel.

Fallin'-by Alicia Keys-This song is perfect for Ross and Rachel because of how Rachel falls in and out of love with Ross. He hurts her but also makes her feel good. Great song!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Where is everyone? I was hoping to get a reply because I'm really anxious to talk about Ross and Rachel. I hope I didn't scare you all away.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by daritah (View Post)
Hey it's been such a long time since I've posted here!!

I just got back to FF and all I could think was, is the Friends board still there??
Hi and welcome back to the board!

Quote:
The best couple still stands
I agree!

Welcome to the RnR thread andress_jade! And aw, don't worry you didn't scare anyone away, it's just slower sometimes on threads but we do always come back here to talk about Ross and Rachel!

Thanks for posting about these songs, I don't think I know the first 3 ones but I'll definitely check them out. I always loved finding songs that fit my faves couples!

So what's some of your favorites Ross & Rachel scenes?

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 03-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
Hi and welcome back to the board!

I agree!

Welcome to the RnR thread andress_jade! And aw, don't worry you didn't scare anyone away, it's just slower sometimes on threads but we do always come back here to talk about Ross and Rachel!

Thanks for posting about these songs, I don't think I know the first 3 ones but I'll definitely check them out. I always loved finding songs that fit my faves couples!

So what's some of your favorites Ross & Rachel scenes?
Wow, you had to ask me this didn't you? LOL.

I love the scene in The One Where Rachel Finds Out when Rachel opens her gift from Ross and is taken aback by the fact that he remembered the story about her grandma. You can tell how touched she is by the gift and of course Chandler spilling the beans about Ross's feelings for her. I love her reaction in that moment. Also I love it when she's thinking about Ross during her date with Carl and how Ross "kisses" her while she's thinking about him. You can tell how much she enjoyed that kiss even though it wasn't real.

I love the scene in The One With Ross' New Girlfriend where Joey tells Rachel about Ross' feelings for her and that Ross has loved her for 10 years. That gives Rachel the courage to tell Ross how she feels about him later on. Although she doesn't get a chance to tell him then, because she sees how happy he is with Julie, you can tell that she really loves him especially after he tells Rachel how sweet, funny, beautiful and sexy she is and how any man would be lucky to have her. Rachel is clearly affected by his words and starts to say something to Ross until he mentions how happy Julie makes him. I wanted to hug Rachel right then because you could see the heartbreak on her face in that moment. Very well acted by both David and Jennifer.

I love almost every single thing about The One Where Ross Finds Out. I love Rachel's drunken confession to Ross over the phone. I love Ross's reaction when he realizes that Rachel has feelings for him and when Rachel jumps on him to knock the phone out of his hand. David and Jennifer were very good in the scene when Ross and Rachel are looking at each other when Ross asks Rachel if she's really over him and she asks him if he's over her. The looks they give each other in that scene were perfection. Of course I loved their first kiss in Central Perk after their fight. It was the perfect setting with the rain and the music and how they just sunk into it. One of the most sexy and romantic onscreen kisses I've ever witnessed and it just proved how much Ross and Rachel truly did belong together. That kiss just cemented their undeniable chemistry and their supercouple status and made them the driving force of the show. People watched to see THEM.

I love The One With The Prom Tape, particularly where they are all watching the tape and can see Ross' feelings for Rachel even then. It also showed Rachel how much Ross really did feel about her, it showed her how deep his feelings really ran. It really was more than a crush. I mean Rachel had her old nose and Ross still found her beautiful. That's love. Then Rachel's slow walk towards Ross and then the kiss was everything. I loved the audience's reaction to the kiss. It was HOT!

I have to get off here now, but I will add more later because I have so many more Ross and Rachel scenes that I love so stay tuned!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey it's been such a long time since I've posted here!!

I just got back to FF and all I could think was, is the Friends board still there??

The best couple still stands
Hello and welcome back!
That really is so sweet and we are thrilled to have you here Yes, the best couple indeed. We are so biased

Quote:
Where is everyone? I was hoping to get a reply because I'm really anxious to talk about Ross and Rachel. I hope I didn't scare you all away.
Hello and welcome!
Of course you didn't scare us away. We always love to chat about Rachel and Ross and your favorites are al iconic RnR moments especially the Prom one.
What did you think about the moment she gave birth to Emma? Was that one of your favourites too?
Old 03-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
Hello and welcome back!
That really is so sweet and we are thrilled to have you here Yes, the best couple indeed. We are so biased

Hello and welcome!
Of course you didn't scare us away. We always love to chat about Rachel and Ross and your favorites are al iconic RnR moments especially the Prom one.
What did you think about the moment she gave birth to Emma? Was that one of your favourites too?
Yes I loved the one where Rachel gave birth to Emma. It looked very realistic and believable, Jennifer did a wonderful job in those scenes. It looked like she was really having a baby. The way Ross and Rachel looked at each other when they were holding Emma and the kiss. I loved Rachel saying to Emma; "I know you." So sweet. I also love how she wanted to give Emma both she and Ross' last names, to show she belonged to the both of them. Those were some very sweet scenes.

I loved everything about The One Where Ross and Rachel...You Know because well it was Ross and Rachel. I thought Jennifer was exceptionally beautiful in this episode. I loved the planetarium scenes and how Rachel told Ross that he was worth the wait. I loved that they used Chris Isaak's Wicked Game for their first time together. It was the perfect song for them. I laughed my head off when Rachel kept telling Ross to grab her butt, so funny. I loved the scene of them in the hallway talking about making another date, it was very sweet. I was mad at Chandler for interrupting their kiss! The part I loved the most was when they woke up the next morning in the display at the museum and how happy they were to be in each others' arms. They share a very nice kids before they are discovered by the group of kids and nuns. Too funny!

In The One Where Joey Moves Out the scenes I liked were the ones where Ross and Rachel kiss before he leaves with Monica. I loved the way Joey was watching them, it was incredibly cute and funny. I loved the audience's reaction to the kiss as well. I also loved how Ross found Rachel's tattoo sexy as they rushed to the bedroom all excited.

In The One Where Dr. Ramoray Dies I love the whole bedroom scene with Ross and Rachel and how Ross feels inadequate sexually after Rachel tells him how good the sex with Paolo was. She tries to reassure him that with Paolo it was good but meaningless sex, what she has with Ross is so much better because they have a connection with each other and it's the best she's ever had. Ross wants to prove her wrong by throwing her on the bed and giving her better sex than the best she's ever had. LOL. I loved when Monica and Rachel were fighting over the last condom and Rachel won. I don't doubt she and Ross had the best sex they ever had that night. Is it any surprise that they made love 300 times in total?

In The One Where Old Yeller Dies I love the scene where Ross and Rachel are having an argument about their future. Ross defends himself by telling her that he knows that they are going to be together and he won't stop planning their future. Aw. It was the first time they said I love you to each other. I also like that there is a bit of foreshadowing with them talking about their future kids. Ross mentions he wants a girl first and wants to name her Emily. A few seasons later they do have a girl and name her Emma. I think Ross was psychic.

In The One with Two Parties I love the scene where Ross and Rachel are coming down the hall into the apartment and they are being all snuggly and Ross thank Rachel for being born. So sweet. Then when they start kissing as they open the door as everyone yells surprise was very sweet and funny. I laughed really hard when Rachel told Ross to keep her dad company while she went to see her mom at Monica's, Ross didn't know what to say for an opening line and Rachel told him that he would be fine as long as he didn't tell her father that he was the one Rachel was sleeping with.

In The One With The Chicken Pox one of my favorite scenes was when Ross and Rachel are helping Phoebe and her date with their dinner. Rachel mentions that the pie is in the oven and the plate would be hot. Phoebe and her date were both wearing oven mitts so they wouldn't scratch and Rachel made a joke that the pie plate being hot wouldn't be a problem. I loved how she and Ross both laughed at that and I wondering if that may of been a little of Jennifer and David in that moment. It was really cute and funny. You could see how comfortable they were with each other. I also love the ending where Ross comes in dressed in a Navy uniform and Rachel is practically drooling. Ross picks her up with very little effort and their little conversation about him being shipped off to sea was incredibly cute. I loved it when Rachel picks up his hat and puts it on. They get ready to leave Central Perk but Rachel keeps remembering things she is supposed to do before leaving. Ross finally gets tired and tosses her on the couch. Incredibly cute and funny.

In The One With Barry and Mindy's Wedding my most favorite part is when Ross gets up on stage with Rachel and helps her sing Copa Cabana. I did laugh really hard when Rachel comes out of her room wearing the dress.

I think this is enough for now. I will continue this later. There are so many Ross and Rachel scenes that I love.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Love everything you said! You picked some great episodes to touch on!

Jen really did a great job in the episode where she gave birth to Emma. It was such a sweet and life changing moment for Ross/Rachel.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
^Love everything you said! You picked some great episodes to touch on!

Jen really did a great job in the episode where she gave birth to Emma. It was such a sweet and life changing moment for Ross/Rachel.
Yes she did, she was exceptional. Emma's birth definitely changed Ross and Rachel's relationship in so many ways. Phoebe was right when she said that Ross and Rachel had everything they needed to get back together, it's too bad they were so stubborn and couldn't stop living in the past. But Emma's birth did bring them closer as friends and exes and bonded them like nothing else could.

I was really surprised to read something on a website that had a list of the 30 Things We Didn't Know About Friends. Apparently David Schwimmer thought that Ross having three divorces was ridiculous. He thought that Ross falling back in love with Rachel after having moved on with his life by proposing to Emily and marrying her was kind of ridiculous. He had committed his life to Emily and had moved on from Rachel so him saying Rachel's name at the altar was incredibly stupid.
Reading this really came as a shock to me because I knew that David was happy that Ross and Rachel got back together in the end. That may just of been what he was feeling at the time and he changed his mind later.

I also thought of another song that I think is perfect for Ross and Rachel, It's All Coming Back To Me by Celine Dion.
The lyrics describe their entire relationship perfectly, it made me think that maybe this is what was going through Rachel's head after Ross kissed her in The One With Rachel's Going Away Party and in The Last One after they had slept together. It may of even been what was going on in her head when Ross came to her in the airport and confessed to her that he was in love with her and didn't want her to leave. You could see it on her face when Ross said to her that she loved him too, that she did love him but she couldn't say it just right then to him. Like she said on his answering machine that so much was happening right then and she didn't know what to say or how to react. It was all overwhelming to her. I thought the final scenes in TOW Rachel's Going Away Party were amazing and all of R&R's scenes in The Last One were amazing as well. When Rachel shows up at Ross's apartment and says "I got off the plane" leaves me breathless. I also love how Rachel said "I do love you", "This is where I wanna be, no more messing around; I don't want to mess this up again", you and me, this is it." Awesome. And how Ross said that he loved her too and that they are done being stupid and that this is it for him as well. I love how they decided that the past is in the past, everything is forgiven, they love each other, they want to be together forever. Ross and Rachel's reconciliation could not have been written or executed better. David and Jennifer were amazing in those scenes because you knew they wanted it as much as we did. They knew that Ross and Rachel loved each other and belonged together and were destined to be together forever.

Sorry to go on and on but I just love Ross and Rachel and could talk about them all day. I hate it when people who aren't Ross and Rachel fans go on and on about how Ross and Rachel are incompatible with each other and are toxic as a couple. They couldn't be more wrong. It was never the fact that R&R were wrong for each other, it's just that the timing and the circumstances were all wrong for them. They loved each other but neither could handle that and handled it in all the wrong ways and instead of trying to make things work, they broke up and avoided what they knew deep down was meant to be. They were basically haunted by the darkness of their past that they couldn't or wouldn't see the present that was right in front of them. It took them almost losing each other for them to finally see what was important and that was each other.
I mean they had a baby together and even her existence didn't reunite them right away!

All the relationships that R&R had after their breakup, were never meant to be anything serious. I know that Ross loved Emily and married her but even she wasn't meant to last especially since he said Rachel's name at the altar. I really think that Emily for Ross was a way for him to move on and get over Rachel, he really thought Emily was the one to help him do that. Don't even get me started on Mona or Charlie. They were both really nice but they didn't nothing for me. Mona annoyed me for some reason and Charlie was just kind of there. We all knew neither one of them were going to last and don't even get me started on Elizabeth. That was just creepy in so many ways. I didn't much care for any of the guy that Rachel dated either. Nothing against any of them, I just didn't see anything happening with any of them. I especially hated Mark because he moved right in on Rachel after she broke up with Ross. Ross was actually kind of right about him and had good reason to be jealous of him.
I thought it was really funny in season 10 when Mark came back around and Ross had forgotten who Mark was at first until Rachel reminded him that Mark was the guy he was insanely jealous of. I loved it when Ross was like: "That was Mark? I hate that guy!" LOL.
I even loved it when Ross was telling Chandler and Monica about Mark and how Chandler said "It's 7 years ago! My time machine really does work!" I laughed my head off at that. Even after all those years, Ross was still jealous of Mark. I just took it as him being protective of Rachel because he cared about her so much. He did eat crow when Rachel told him that Mark was married and his wife just had twins. I just love how much both of them had grown by that point and could joke about it. Rachel just blew it off like it was no big deal and Ross joked that he should send them something for the babies. LOL. We knew that this was just the start of R&R's reconciliation. They were really getting along good at this point. You could see the look of absolute disappointment on Ross's face when Rachel said that the job was in Paris. Yep, Ross still loved her and never really stopped.

Last edited by andress_jade; 03-10-2016 at 02:43 PM
Old 03-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

^ Dont ever be sorry for expressing your feelings for this special couple It's honestly awesome to read your enthusiasm and happiness of watching them.
Emma was a blessing for them. It brought them emotionally closer together and that's what would have been better earlier on but maybe they needed that time to be by themselves.

That's interesting to read what David thought of that. It's understandable, I suppose. I can imagine there are times when they look back at their storylines and don't like some parts of it
I have just listened to that song and the lyrics are very fitting about their time together and the history what has been there between them. Thank you for adding that! It's a good one

Him and Emily were never meant to be. I think the gang knew that deep down, because he was still in love with Rachel.
Do you remember that time when Emily wanted Ross to stop hanging around with Rachel? And she called that time then Ross put her on speakerphone and she said "who am I talking to?" And then she said that Ross knows better than to be with Rachel or something like that and you could see how heartbroken she was
Ross soon sorted out that though
Old 03-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
^ Dont ever be sorry for expressing your feelings for this special couple It's honestly awesome to read your enthusiasm and happiness of watching them.
Emma was a blessing for them. It brought them emotionally closer together and that's what would have been better earlier on but maybe they needed that time to be by themselves.

That's interesting to read what David thought of that. It's understandable, I suppose. I can imagine there are times when they look back at their storylines and don't like some parts of it
I have just listened to that song and the lyrics are very fitting about their time together and the history what has been there between them. Thank you for adding that! It's a good one

Him and Emily were never meant to be. I think the gang knew that deep down, because he was still in love with Rachel.
Do you remember that time when Emily wanted Ross to stop hanging around with Rachel? And she called that time then Ross put her on speakerphone and she said "who am I talking to?" And then she said that Ross knows better than to be with Rachel or something like that and you could see how heartbroken she was
Ross soon sorted out that though
I just want say thank you to all of you for being so supportive and welcoming me here, I feel I am in a "room full of friends" who love the same things I do. It's so nice when you can find a place to talk about characters and shows you love, places like this are so few and far between now. I love talking about Ross and Rachel and I could never tire of them. I'm so glad David and Jennifer are so supportive of their characters and each other. I'm glad to know they are still very close even if they don't get to see each other that much. Jennifer has said that even though she and David haven't seen each other in a long time, they still have a connection and always will. That is what made Ross and Rachel work. I loved seeing them "together" at the James Burrows tribute and how David helped her up the steps onto the stage. It proves that no matter how much time passes, friendship remains. "I'll be there for you."

Looking forward to more R&R discussion because to me they were one of the best couples in television history.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just want say thank you to all of you for being so supportive and welcoming me here, I feel I am in a "room full of friends" who love the same things I do. It's so nice when you can find a place to talk about characters and shows you love, places like this are so few and far between now. I love talking about Ross and Rachel and I could never tire of them. I'm so glad David and Jennifer are so supportive of their characters and each other. I'm glad to know they are still very close even if they don't get to see each other that much. Jennifer has said that even though she and David haven't seen each other in a long time, they still have a connection and always will. That is what made Ross and Rachel work. I loved seeing them "together" at the James Burrows tribute and how David helped her up the steps onto the stage. It proves that no matter how much time passes, friendship remains. "I'll be there for you."

Looking forward to more R&R discussion because to me they were one of the best couples in television history.
We are all friends on this board. It's amazing that we all come together to celebrate this wonderful show that has been a special part of our lives, a show that is relatable in a lot of ways amongst other things and we are happy to have you be a part of it.

To have a place to chat about these 6 special characters and the show as a whole is irreplaceable, to me. You have such a strong love and opinion about Rachel and Ross. So, I insist and encourage you to share
After all of that history, on-stage and off-stage, I think it's safe to say that they will always have that special bond.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Gilmore Girls

Just quickly wanted to say that I have loved reading through your posts here, andress! I'll reply to them properly once we hit the new thread (we're almost there!) and that will kick of the discussions there.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Almost new thread time

Do we have a title for the new thread?
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, and using the thread title that was mentioned in the last thread following up to "I can't believe I'm in Rachel Green's room" ...

New thread!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread