Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Continued Discussion on TOW Ross's Grant (10x06)

An excited Ross must interview with a brilliant, Nobel Prize-winning scientist (guest star Greg Kinnear) for a prized paleontology grant -- but the doctor also happens to be Charlie's (Aisha Tyler) obsessed ex-boyfriend who offers Ross the grant only if he will break up with her. Elsewhere, Phoebe sends Monica and Rachel screaming when she passes on her artistic creation of "Gladys," a creepy, grubby woman who appears to climb out of the frame. In addition, Joey is offended when Chandler lies about viewing his bizarre audition tape reel.
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] I can't wait! Also, on the TV guide said that the show would be a full hour of Friends, so keep that in mind. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
'[...]we can start over. We can do everything that we didn't do before, and you can take as much time as you need. You can take a month, you can take a year, you can take ten years...I don't care. And I'm not leaving without you. And I'm not living without you. I love you...

I love you.
'
Whimsical Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

The new episode is only 30 minutes. It is followed by a rerun of TOW The Mugging at 8:32pm.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Extreme Fan

... That stupid TV Guide.. It says it'd be a full hour of New Friends episodes. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Get my hopes up... Thanks for the clearing up, though! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
'[...]we can start over. We can do everything that we didn't do before, and you can take as much time as you need. You can take a month, you can take a year, you can take ten years...I don't care. And I'm not leaving without you. And I'm not living without you. I love you...

I love you.
'
Whimsical Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:11 PM
New Fan

I liked this episode. The whole Ross/Charlie break up seemed a little rushed, but that's okay because I could not stand Charlie to begin with, so I don't mind getting rid of her. Those paintings were hilarious though, if I would have woken up with that thing at my door, I would have been scared too. The end with Chandler wearing the lipstick was priceless. Overall, I think I'd give this episode a 7 out of 10.
bptrackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

This eppie wasen't really funny. The only part that I thought was funny is when Chandler was wearing the blue lipstick. "I'm a pretty little girl." [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

I thought the paintings were a little.. stupid. I am glad that Charlie & Ross broke up. It just didn't seem right. I give this episode 6 out of 10.

"I'm a pretty little girl." [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] I can't get over that!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:06 AM
New Fan

I agree that the Ross/Charlie break up seemed a little rushed.

In the words of The First: "That bitch."
Old 11-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought the funniest part was when Pheobe brought in her 2nd piece of art (Gwenith, was it?) even freakier! Monica and Rachel looked horrified! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Then Joey getting scared awake by the legless woman [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
mollymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

I was laughing so hard during Joey's Japanese TV commercial. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] It was so funny...and of course when Chandler had to wear the blue lipstick. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 02:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was so sure that everyone else's opinion would echo mine, but I guess not....

I originally thought that TOW Ross' Tan was the worst episode of Friends ever, but I change my mind because 1)after watching it again, it wasn't so bad, and 2) I watched this week's episode.

To me, it seems like they are starting a pattern, 2 good episodes, 1 bad one, 2 good ones, then a bad one, etc...

IMO, the only good things were some of the old familiar pairings, Joey/Chandler, Monica/Rachel, and even a brief Chandler/Rachel (which BTW, is the pair with the fewest storylines on the show, which I don't understand because I think they can be very funny together).

I thought the paintings storyline was dumb, J/C's commercial storyline was fine but I hated Joey's Japanese commercial, I am sick of them saying that Chandler is a girl, I hated Charlie for treating Ross that way, and though I know everyone wants Charlie out of the way so R/R can get back together, I thought that was a very poor, rushed way to end their relationship. Also, Charlie's remark about her and Benjamin's "history" as a foreshadowing for R/R was so blatant it made me, being a Cobra, gag.

I hope next week's episode is better.

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited atyleung ]
Old 11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode was not that good, in my humble opinion. The only bit that was sort of worth smiling and chuckling a little was how Rachel and Monica reacted to the paintings of Phoebe's. That was about it.

Being a R/R supporter, I was happy to see Ross and Charlie break up, but it was kind of stupid how it all came about. I mean, she is just going to instantly drop Ross for that other guy in such a dramatic way? Kind of unrealistic if you ask me, even though I was glad to see Ross and Charlie break up.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Since we've barely seen Charlie in the last five episodes, I thought it was stupid for there to be a huge break up between her and Ross, especially in the way that it happened. I'm also getting a little tired of grown adults in their mid-thirties acting like fourteen year olds. While "funny," Greg Kinear's character was horribly out of line and could be censured for that kind of behavior in the workplace. But I guess that wouldn't be very "funny."

They just did a storyline last year where Chandler lied to Joey about coming home for the weekend. After everything was all found out, Chandler said he would never lie to him again. Less than a year later, he's lying and over something really silly. I don't understand why Chandler wouldn't watch the tape even though he wasn't going to give it to his bosses and why after Joey said that he hadn't watched it, he continued to vehemently lie that he had. Didn't seem like the friendship we've come to know and love between those too. The end of that storyline seemed ridiculous as well.

The only funny thing in the whole episode was the teaser when Rachel scared Joey and then Monica scared Rachel. The rest of that plot was stupid too.

For a November sweeps episode, it was poor. I guess the writer's figure they have a guest star, so don't worry about good storylines. Too bad.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

This episode reruns tonight at 8pm, so continue your discussion here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Cotton Candy

I can't believe that I never commented on these episodes!

I hardly remember TOW Ross' Grant, but I was glad that Ross and Charlie broke up.
Reply   Post New Thread