Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
Ted movie is already showing ! congrats to laura most of the V cast they are all based in L.A
They are. I think the only ones not living in LA are Liz, Jane, Mark and Scott.

Scott made an appearance on The Talk on Thursday. The video can sadly only be watched by US residents, however, Scott revealed that he and his wife are expecting a son.

And Variety did a new interview with Morena as part of their annual Emmy coverage. You can read it here.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

She looks amazing as always
Old 06-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
If you do, please don't have any high expectations. It is my understanding that the writers only used his character as a plot device to kill off Mike Delfino and give Vanessa Williams' character a happy ending. He had no proper storyline of his own. I think whatever plans the writers originally had for his character got scrapped when Marc Cherry and ABC decided to end the show last season.
Ah, thanks for the warning. He hasn't had much luck with the writing for his roles in the last couple of years, has he?
What kind of character does he (was supposed to) play, btw - good guy, baddie, baddie with redeeming qualities..?
Quote:
I think most of us have. She hasn't worked at all post-V. If I remember correctly, she gave birth to a baby shortly before she filmed the V pilot. She might have decided to focus on motherhood for a while.
Happy news in real life at least, then! (Very belated ) congratulations to her.

Congratulations to Scott and his wife, as well.

Laura looked amazing at the Ted premiere. And for a blonde to pull off white so well isn't easy, gorgeous!
Quote:
And Variety did a new interview with Morena as part of their annual Emmy coverage. You can read it here.
I'm probably not what you immediately think about for this role. But I auditioned, and it worked out. I would not have taken no for an answer.
Now, that's a winning attitude.
Glad to read she rediscovered her friendship with Claire on set, I had completely missed the anectode of them being ex school-mates!

As always, thanks for all the updates, Alex.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Ah, thanks for the warning. He hasn't had much luck with the writing for his roles in the last couple of years, has he?
What kind of character does he (was supposed to) play, btw - good guy, baddie, baddie with redeeming qualities..?
He played a contractor who had just moved to Wisteria Lane. His character was described as having a ruthless side when it comes to his business dealings and he was supposed to have a daughter. Well, the daughter thing never materialized and the ruthless streak only showed up when he hired a loan shark because of money problems, and that plot point was only a plot device to kill Mike off. After Mike was killed by the loan shark, the role that Charles' character played in the murder was never addressed. It all got brushed under the carpet.

I think they changed a lot of things after they decided that it would be the final season. I suspect that Charles' character was originally intended to be the mysterious letter writer and the man behind Chuck's murder. And I don't think that Mike was always supposed to die either. I think Marc Cherry simply decided to throw him under the bus when it became clear that the Nicolette Sheridan trial was moving forward. With the exception of Edie Britt, he had never killed off an important character before. Only small recurring roles, red shirts or 1-season guest stars. He had to add one more 'big name' casualty to the list and there you go...

Lexa Doig (Dr. Leah Pearlman) has scored a new series regular gig. She plays Sonya in the new Canadian TV series 'Continuum'. Here's a short character description, a show synopsis and a couple of promo pics:

Quote:
ABOUT THE SERIES

Continuum is a one-hour police drama centered on Kiera Cameron, a regular cop from 65 years in the future who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver. She is alone, a stranger in a strange land, and has eight of the most ruthless criminals from the future, known as Liber8, loose in the city.

Lucky for Kiera, through the use of her CMR (cellular memory recall), a futuristic liquid chip technology implanted in her brain, she connects with Alec Sadler, a seventeen-year-old tech genius. When Kiera calls and Alec answers, a very unique partnership begins.

Kiera’s first desire is to get "home." But until she figures out a way to do that, she must survive in our time period and use all the resources available to her to track and capture the terrorists before they alter history enough to change the course of the future. After all, what’s the point of going back if the future isn’t the one you left?

Kiera knows that the eight terrorists will resort to criminal activity to further their goals of taking down the corporations that will one day rule the world. Lives will be lost. Her goal is to kill or capture them before they can turn the world upside down.

For Kiera, there's only one organization that can help her hunt down Liber8, and through clever thinking, manages to work with the Vancouver Police Department. Partnered up with Detective Carlos Fonnegra of the Special Investigations Unit, Kiera positions herself perfectly to hear about Liber8's activities and hopefully intervene.

Like Kiera, Carlos is a cop with a passion for justice. They are from totally opposite ends of the ideological spectrum. Coming from 2012, Carlos believes in justice for the individual while Kiera, coming from 2077, believes in justice for the corporation. This provides sparks on many levels: work, political worldviews and emotionally.

Yet despite their differences, they have each other's back. And although they get off to a rocky start, there's an inherent trust that blooms between them. Kiera, brought up and trained to always depend on her technology, finds her relationship with Carlos has her learning to listen to her gut for the first time.

Source
Quote:
Sonya Valentine

Attractive and cunning, Sonya is a survivor and an opportunist. She began as a research scientist for the corporate military. Her interest in genetics was born from a desire to create a stronger human that could survive the next great disaster. It wasn't long before her experiments became morally questionable and highly controversial.

Sonya was the architect of the super soldier program and was pushed to drive her test subjects to the point of death in order to satisfy her superiors. In order to survive she numbed herself to the reality of what she was doing. But something shifted for her when she met Travis. At some point she ceased seeing him as merely a test subject, a lab animal, and instead became drawn to his intensity and power.

When her superiors decided to terminate the program and all the test subjects, Sonya felt a need to protect Travis and the others. For the first time in her life she chose to reject the privilege and security the corporation had always offered her and switch sides.

Source
Quote:

Source
Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

She looks great in the pictures! Happy for her
Old 06-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks to post about Morena's new interview and lucky for her one of the choiced as supporting role of this coming Emmy ? I dont think it was a final category,as I read the other day regarding Emmys Pick okay Homeland is the number one major category pick,drama series and Claire Danes,but no actor supporting role,love soul.

Quote:
Lexa Doig (Dr. Leah Pearlman) has scored a new series regular gig. She plays Sonya in the new Canadian TV series 'Continuum'. Here's a short character description, a show synopsis and a couple of promo pics:
Almost forgot about her she's one of the nicest part on V,valerie's doctor but too sad,she was out in the cast of second season.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamae (View Post)
Thanks to post about Morena's new interview and lucky for her one of the choiced as supporting role of this coming Emmy ? I dont think it was a final category,as I read the other day regarding Emmys Pick okay Homeland is the number one major category pick,drama series and Claire Danes,but no actor supporting role,love soul.
Emmy nominations haven't been announced yet. I think the academy is going to announce them on July 19. It would be great for Morena if she could somehow snatch a nomination, but I'm skeptical and I'm not really optimistic about Mandy Patinkin's chances either. It would be a real shame if he doesn't get nominated IMO. Saul is one of the best characters on the show.

But in other Morena Baccarin - related news, it looks like she will be at Comic-Con:

Quote:
Friday, July 13

12:30-1:30 Firefly 10-Year Anniversary Reunion— Calling all Browncoats to unite! It has been 10 years since the crew of the Serenity took flight in the now infamous show Firefly. Science Channel will reunite, for the first time ever, Captain Mal Reynolds and the crew from the ship. Join Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, and many more for a trip down memory lane, some special surprises, and exclusive Science Channel giveaways. SHINY. Ballroom 20

Source
Let's hope for lots of new interviews and pics.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 06-29-2012 at 07:02 PM
Old 06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ahhhhh, Firefly reunion. And wow, it's already been 10 years.
Quite the treat for the fans who never stop keeping the memory of the series alive.

Thanks for the additional info about Charles' character. They cut off almost everything, basically. :/ Sucker for father/daughter dynamics as I am, I'd looked forward to that aspect
And Marc Cherry does sound vile enough to try to cover his traces with such a move.

I remember wanting to check out the pilot of Continuun, but the trailers I saw didn't do much for me. Might give it a second chance.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the additional info about Charles' character. They cut off almost everything, basically. :/ Sucker for father/daughter dynamics as I am, I'd looked forward to that aspect
And Marc Cherry does sound vile enough to try to cover his traces with such a move.
Do you know when news of Mike's death broke? Marc Cherry and a couple of ABC bigwigs announced it at the trial. They couldn't have been any more obvious than that.

Personally, I would like to see Charles join Kevin Bacon's new show on Fox. The show deals with a network of serial killers and Charles is great at playing bad guys. He would be a good fit for that show IMO.

Quote:
I remember wanting to check out the pilot of Continuun, but the trailers I saw didn't do much for me. Might give it a second chance.
I haven't even seen the trailer yet. Maybe I'll check out the pilot once I've given 'Longmire' a try. Lexa's character certainly sounds interesting enough.

Box Office data for Friday is in and 'Ted' has made it to #1:

Quote:
Box office update: 'Ted' smokes competition with $20.2 million Friday; 'Magic Mike' close behind

According to Friday estimates, “bear” beats “bare” at the box office — but only by a bit!

Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane’s $50 million comedy Ted, which is being distributed by Universal, snuggled up to a huge $20.2 million worth of tickets on Friday.

The raunchy laugher, which stars Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, and a bong-smoking teddy, is headed for the second-best debut ever for an R-rated comedy, behind only The Hangover Part II. Wahlberg’s last summer comedy, 2010′s The Other Guys, earned $13.1 million on its first Friday on the way to a $35.5 million start. If Ted follows the same trajectory (and I see no reason why it shouldn’t), it could take in a truly remarkable $55 million this weekend.

1. Ted – $20.2 million
2. Magic Mike – $19.4 million
3. Brave – $10.3 million
4. Madea’s Witness Protection – $10.3 million
5. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted – $3.6 million

Source
Congrats to Laura and everyone else involved in this project.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Personally, I would like to see Charles join Kevin Bacon's new show on Fox. The show deals with a network of serial killers and Charles is great at playing bad guys. He would be a good fit for that show IMO.
This is the one I feel risk and thrilled because he's open wide to join anywhere.

congrats to laura of her movie.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Do you know when news of Mike's death broke? Marc Cherry and a couple of ABC bigwigs announced it at the trial. They couldn't have been any more obvious than that.
The man surely was subtle about it. *facepalm*
Is the trial a done deal, btw?
Quote:
I was already thinking about checking out that show, so Charles' addition would be very very welcome. And I agree, he makes a good villain/antagonist.
Quote:
I haven't even seen the trailer yet. Maybe I'll check out the pilot once I've given 'Longmire' a try. Lexa's character certainly sounds interesting enough.
The trailer gave me a bit of a Terra Nova feel, but that show was re-invented as a family drama/made much more lighthearted than the original intentions, and I truly hope this one won't follow a similar path.

Let me know if you like Longmire. I wanted to see the pilot for Katee, but the trailer didn't do anything to intrigue me.
Quote:
Box Office data for Friday is in and 'Ted' has made it to #1:

Congrats to Laura and everyone else involved in this project.
Congrats to Laura and the cast, indeed!
I didn't think Ted would end up beating Magic Mike - great achievement.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The man surely was subtle about it. *facepalm*
Is the trial a done deal, btw?
It ended in a mistrial. The jury was deadlocked 8-4 in favour of Nicollette Sheridan. At first there were talks of a retrial, but it will probably get settled out of court now.

Quote:
Let me know if you like Longmire. I wanted to see the pilot for Katee, but the trailer didn't do anything to intrigue me.
Will do.

Quote:
Congrats to Laura and the cast, indeed!
I didn't think Ted would end up beating Magic Mike - great achievement.
I have to admit when I first read a short synopsis of the plot, I thought the movie sounded kinda weird/silly, but I guess the name 'Seth MacFarlane' has driven quite a lot of people to the movie theaters.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

I bring some more Lexa Doig news. She has been cast in 'Primevil: New World':

Quote:
'Primeval: New World' Grabs Colin Ferguson, Lexa Doig
Canadian series preps for premiere, still no word on when it comes to U.S.

There will not only be a new world for the upcoming series "Primeval: New World," but there will also be some new cast.

Colin Ferguson and Lexa Doig are among the bigger names joining the Entertainment One series, a Canadian spinoff the popular show that aired for five seasons on ITV-1 in the United Kingdom.

Doig, however, will play a yet-to-be-named doctor in the series. Doig, married to former "Stargate Sg-1" star Michael Shanks, got her start in the "TekWar" series, but really got her break in the syndicated series "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" from 2000 to 2005. She would pick up recurring work on USA Network's "The 4400" as well as "SG-1," and most recently appeared in the Canadian Showcase series "Continuum" as Sonya Valentine.

"Primeval: New World" is a direct continuation of the British show, created by Adrian Hodges and Tim Haines designed as a direct competitor to the "Doctor Who" spinoff "Torchwood." The new series was developed by popular Star Trek novel authors Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens and involves a lot of the former "Sanctuary" production team including Martin Wood as an executive producer and Amanda Tapping as an episode director.

The series is being prepped for a premiere on Canada's Space channel, but it's not clear where and when it will be run in the United Kingdom or the United States. Although Syfy could be a logical home for the show, the existing "Primeval" has aired episodes on both Syfy and BBC America. The latter cable channel has been working to bring in new fare to help it compete with the original programming of other channels, instead of depending solely on its stable of British shows like "Doctor Who."

"Primeval: New World" is expected to premiere later this year.

Source
Quote:
It looks like more STARGATE alums will be appearing in several episode of PRIMEVAL spinoff NEW WORLD, according to Gateworld.net the characters & actors are as follows:

Lexa Doig (Stargate SG-1‘s “Carolyn Lam”) plays another doctor in the two-part season finale as “Mara Fridkin,” a toxicologist who is “suddenly thrust out of her depth.”

Source
Looking at Lexa's past acting credits, she seems to work a lot in the sci-fi genre. Congrats to her on scoring the role, though.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It ended in a mistrial. The jury was deadlocked 8-4 in favour of Nicollette Sheridan. At first there were talks of a retrial, but it will probably get settled out of court now.
Thanks. I'm sure Nicollette would've liked to put Marc Cherry in his place more than get a monetary settlement, but at least that's something (if that's what she's likely to get).
Quote:
I have to admit when I first read a short synopsis of the plot, I thought the movie sounded kinda weird/silly, but I guess the name 'Seth MacFarlane' has driven quite a lot of people to the movie theaters.
Sometimes risks pay off - even "Savages" did fairly well in its opening, considering the expectations, and that's another R-rated picture (which don't seem to be very popular in the summer).

Thanks for the LD casting news!
I've watched a few episodes of the original Primeval, and if you can swallow down the CGI craziness, it had its entertaining (even if still somehow campy) character moments.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

I swear Lexa Doig is in every sci-fi show and she is married to Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson from Stargate). I used to watch Andromeda too. I guess a lot of actors who live in Vancouver are sci-fi actors