Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Once Upon A Time {Spoilers & Speculation} #13: "I would like to play somebody fun. Somebody fanciful. Somebody crazy."

Welcome to the Once Upon a Time Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, The Evil Queen, Hook and all the other resident fairytale characters as they prepare to defend themselves against a magical force from the past that's too unpredictable even for Rumplestiltskin - Elsa, the Ice Queen from Arendelle.

Welcome to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on your GPS, but it's a magical place to visit. Reality and myth merged after Emma broke Regina's curse, which had deprived the fairy tale characters of their memories and trapped them in our modern world. When they finally regained their identities, our heroes were dismayed to discover that they weren't transported back to Fairy Tale Land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin - aka Mr. Gold - decided to escalate his power struggle with Regina by introducing magic into the town. But this is our world, and magic always has a tendency to yield unfathomable consequences.

After defeating Zelena - the Wicked Witch of the West - Emma and Hook were pulled into her time portal, which brought them back to the Enchanted Forest of the past. When they accidentally thwarted the initial meeting of Snow White and Prince Charming, Emma and Hook had to find a way to fix the timeline and get them together, or risk altering their futures and possibly obliterating Emma and Henry's existence; not an easy task to undertake. When Emma was captured by The Evil Queen, she met a female prisoner scheduled to be executed. Upon finding a way to escape, Emma saved the prisoner's life by taking her along. But Hook believed the woman's fate was to die and feared that things could be altered by her continued existence. After successfully getting her parents back on track, Emma, Hook and the prisoner found themselves captured by Rumplestiltskin and imprisoned in a room that contained his most unpredictable magic. With no way to escape, Emma discovered that her own magic had returned, and she was able to whisk herself, Hook and the prisoner back to present day Storybrooke. Upon their joyous return, Emma learned that the prisoner was none other than Robin Hood's wife, Marian, who was presumed dead in the previous timeline. Regina and Robin Hood had begun to fall madly in love with one another, but with Marian's return, their relationship could be in danger. And, unbeknownst to anyone, Emma and Hook also brought back Elsa.

You never give up on the people you love...

The Storybrooke residents do not know what Elsa has in store for them. Back in the past, in Elsa's kingdom of Arendelle, we will discover what happened to her, her sister Anna and Kristoff, and how and why Elsa became a prisoner of Rumplestiltskin. And now that Emma has brought back Robin Hood's wife, Marian, and possibly sparked the end of Regina's relationship with him, will she return to her old, evil ways and do everything in her power to get even? And newlyweds Belle and Rumplestiltskin continue to be deeply in love with each other. But Rumple is hiding a secret from Belle -- one that, if found out, could destroy their happiness - he continues to be the master of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One. Can Emma and Hook commit to one another, and can these two damaged people take their love to the next level? Mary Margaret and David have a new baby, Prince Neal, and are looking forward to raising him into a proud, brave and loving adult. But they are still sad that they were not able to do this with Emma, instead helping her escape the curse when she was first born and not meeting her again until she was 28 years old. Henry is very happy to have both of his mothers back in Storybrooke. But with biological mom Emma and paternal grandfather Rumplestiltskin's blood running through his veins, he will be tested by both the light and the darkness. Finally, Will Scarlet (Michael Socha, "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland"), a former member of Robin Hood's band of Merry Men, has traveled across many lands to make his way to Storybrooke. He finds himself intertwined in the goings-on in town for the first time as his mysterious past pushes him to an unknown future.

As the season continues, new fairy tale characters will be revealed and old acquaintances will be revisited. But not everyone can be trusted.

source

Once Upon a Time Season 4 - What To Expect
'Once Upon a Time' showrunners spill 'Frozen' secrets (no Olaf!) | Inside TV | EW.com
Ep. 4.03 - scenes with Elizabeth Mitchell, Michael Socha and Georgina in the SB forest.
Liz spotted on location - filming at a ice-cream shop

Previous Threads
#1: We can't wait to see her on V!
#2: B/c We Can't Wait to See Erica in Action Again!
#3: More action, more intrigue, more aliens. Hurry up, Season 2!
#4: It's raining spoilers, hallelujah!
#5: Because we are very excited for V's 'louder, bolder and faster' 2nd season!
#6: Because we want to comprehend the magnitude of what is coming
#7: We've got 6 more episodes to figure this all out!
#8: Hopefully they won't screw things up so bad
#9: Hopefully the season finale won't be a series finale
#10: 'Who turned out all the lights?'
#11: Now you need me, spoilerwhore.
#12: Give us some front row tickets for the Monroe Fight Club.

___
Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

So. The fact that Liz will play the Snow Queen is out of the bag:

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]
Old 08-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and the latest photos.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is surprised by the character reveal. It was the popular guess right from the start and the ice cream shop made it fairly obvious as well.

I saw this in TV Line's latest spoiler column. It doesn't tell us anything new, but I figured I would post it anyway:

Quote:
Question: Elizabeth Mitchell in Once Upon a Time?? Tell me more! —Jacquelyn
Ausiello: You sound plenty excited by this casting — as are Lost scribes-turned-Once creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis. “She’s awesome, we love her, we’re so happy to have her and we can’t wait for the audience to discover who she is playing,” Horowitz teases. Perhaps she’s playing someone… eeeevil? Answers Kitsis with a healthy dollop of sarcasm, “We never bring Lost actors on our show to be villains, so….”

Source
There was also this:

Quote:
Question: Any scoop at all about the fourth season of Once Upon a Time? —Advanteege
Ausiello: Is Henry en route to having his first crush? (And if so, has he picked the wrong gal?) The ABC series in casting the recurring role of Lily, a bright, self-reliant teen who boasts a “charming, take-no-prisoners punk exterior and the heart of a secretive, insecure opportunist.” Watch for this lass to first appear in Episode 5.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all that!

Another tidbit of information is that her character will have ties to both a Frozen character, and to somebody we already know on Once Upon A Time. The latter must be a villain/grey character for sure, so either Regina, Mr. Gold or Captain Hook. All characters seems to know the Evil Queen or Rumpelstiltskin one way or the other.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Another tidbit of information is that her character will have ties to both a Frozen character, and to somebody we already know on Once Upon A Time. The latter must be a villain/grey character for sure, so either Regina, Mr. Gold or Captain Hook. All characters seems to know the Evil Queen or Rumpelstiltskin one way or the other.
Aren't almost all the characters on the show related to one another, anyway?

Some casting news:

Quote:
'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc

Kristin Bauer van Straten has booked a return trip to Once Upon a Time.

EW has learned exclusively that the True Blood alum will reprise her dastardly role as villain Maleficent during the second half of Once’s upcoming season.

Could this mean that Maleficent will be season 4’s other big villain after the Frozen storyline? It’s unclear as of now, but Bauer will be back as a recurring guest star for a big arc, so here’s hoping this means the show will dive more into her past, as well as Aurora’s history.

The last we saw of Maleficent, she was locked away in a cave under the clock tower, stuck in dragon form until she was slain by Emma in the season 1 finale. She then came back in nightmarish zombie form at the end of season 2.

Source
Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Aren't almost all the characters on the show related to one another, anyway?
True.

Emma is dating the ex lover of her son's grandmother.
Quote:
Some casting news:
People I like continue to land on this mess of a show. It's a curse.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
People I like continue to land on this mess of a show. It's a curse.
Sigh, I know. Hopefully, Josh Holloway and David Lyons won't end up on the list as well, but at least in case of Josh, it wouldn't surprise me if he does.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sigh, I know. Hopefully, Josh Holloway and David Lyons won't end up on the list as well, but at least in case of Josh, it wouldn't surprise me if he does.
It's not as if OUAT would be a downgrade from that break-dancing movie, anyway. I don't even know what Josh is currently doing.
David might be safe yet, instead.

I wanted to check out last season finale of Once Upon a Time to get "reacquainted" with the show and test whether or not I can deal with watching Liz's upcoming episodes, but I can't bring myself to do it. Yet, at least.
I so desperately need something to get excited about to give back some gas to the engine of my interest, it's not even funny.

There a couple of short promos for S4 out there, but no Snow Queen - they only focus on Elsa's introduction.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's not as if OUAT would be a downgrade from that break-dancing movie, anyway. I don't even know what Josh is currently doing.
Sad but true. The last I heard Josh had a new movie in development, but who knows how that's going to go?

Quote:
Gosh, I hope so.

Quote:
I wanted to check out last season finale of Once Upon a Time to get "reacquainted" with the show and test whether or not I can deal with watching Liz's upcoming episodes, but I can't bring myself to do it. Yet, at least.
I so desperately need something to get excited about to give back some gas to the engine of my interest, it's not even funny.

There a couple of short promos for S4 out there, but no Snow Queen - they only focus on Elsa's introduction.
At least you had the energy to check out some of the promos. I couldn't even bring myself to do that, yet.

Jennifer Morrison posted this picture on her Twitter yesterday. Looks like there was some night shooting going on:

Quote:

Source
Old 09-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sad but true. The last I heard Josh had a new movie in development, but who knows how that's going to go?
A movie he would star in, or he was trying to write/produce?
That question tells you just how much out of the loop I am.
Quote:
At least you had the energy to check out some of the promos. I couldn't even bring myself to do that, yet.
What are we going to do when premiere night is here?
Quote:
Jennifer Morrison posted this picture on her Twitter yesterday. Looks like there was some night shooting going on:
Thanks!

Found this other bit on Tumblr:
Quote:
Giancarlo Esposito panel at Salt Lake Comic Con...

He says Sydney has been in the “dungeon” for over a year. He’s still pining over Regina. She has a lot of control over him. He was just filming with Lana, Ginny, and Elizabeth Mitchell. He confirmed Elizabeth is playing the Snow Queen

He also said Sydney really wants to get out ofthe mirror.
source
Old 09-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

I'm a huge fan of hers and of OUAT. I can't wait to see her there.
I'm so curious to find out who she's playing!

Love her dress on those set pics posted here above.
She looks stunning

Is it September 28th yet?

Jack&Kate | Mulder&Scully | Christian&Ana
Hook&Emma | Booth&Brennan | Fitz&Olivia
Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A movie he would star in, or he was trying to write/produce?
That question tells you just how much out of the loop I am.
They didn't release any specifics, but I think it was probably both.

Quote:
What are we going to do when premiere night is here?
I have no idea. Maybe shoot up on drugs and alcohol?

Quote:
Found this other bit on Tumblr:

source
Thanks for that. It's nice to know that Elizabeth and Giancarlo seem to have a scene together, at least.

Press release for the season premiere:

Quote:
Once Upon a Time - Episode 4.01 - A Tale Of Two Sisters - Press Release

SEASON PREMIERE

A SCARED AND CONFUSED ELSA FROM ARENDELLE FINDS HERSELF IN STORYBROOKE AND CREATES A POWERFUL SNOW MONSTER FOR PROTECTION, REGINA WONDERS IF HER RELATIONSHIP WITH ROBIN HOOD HAS BEEN COMPLETELY QUASHED NOW THAT MARIAN’S BACK IN THE PICTURE, AND IN ARENDELLE OF THE PAST, ELSA’S SISTER ANNA WANTS TO COMPLETE THEIR PARENT’S FATEFUL JOURNEY AND DISCOVER IF THEIR QUEST MAY HAVE HELD THE SECRET TO CONTAINING ELSA’S OUT OF CONTROL ICE POWERS, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

John Rhys-Davies (“The Lord of the Rings,” “Raiders of the Lost Ark”) Voices the Grand Pabbie

Giancarlo Esposito Guest Stars as Sidney/Magic Mirror

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, The Evil Queen, Hook and all the other resident fairytale characters as they prepare to defend themselves against a magical force from the past that’s too unpredictable even for Rumplestiltskin – Elsa, the Ice Queen from Arendelle. And now that Emma has brought back Robin Hood’s wife, Marian, and possibly sparked the end of Regina’s relationship with him, will Regina return to her old, evil ways and do everything in her power to get even? And newlyweds Belle and Rumplestiltskin continue to be deeply in love with each other. But Rumple is hiding a secret from Belle -- one that, if found out, could destroy their happiness – he continues to be the master of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One. Can Emma and Hook commit to one another, and can these two damaged people take their love to the next level? Mary Margaret and David have a new baby, Prince Neal, and are looking forward to raising him into a proud, brave and loving adult. But they are still sad that they were not able to do this with Emma, instead helping her escape the curse when she was first born and not meeting her again until she was 28 years old. Henry is very happy to have both of his mothers back in Storybrooke. But with biological mom Emma and paternal grandfather Rumplestiltskin’s blood running through his veins, he will be tested by both the light and the darkness. Finally, Will Scarlet (Michael Socha, “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”), a former member of Robin Hood’s band of Merry Men, has traveled across many lands to make his way to Storybrooke. He finds himself intertwined in the goings-on in town for the first time as his mysterious past pushes him to an unknown future.

In the season premiere episode, “A Tale of Two Sisters,” a scared and confused Elsa finds herself in Storybrooke and, fearful of the intentions of its residents, creates a powerful snow monster for protection. With Robin Hood’s wife, Marian, back in the picture, Regina wonders if her “happily ever after” with the former thief has been completely quashed; while on their honeymoon, Mr. Gold finds an intriguing object that makes him question whether or not he should officially give Belle control over the dagger that makes him The Dark One, and Hook is dismayed to discover that Emma seems to be avoiding him while she tries to help comfort Regina after being the one responsible for bringing Marian back from the past and into Storybrooke. Meanwhile, in Arendelle of the past, as Elsa’s sister Anna’s wedding to Kristoff nears, Anna discovers that their parents – who died on-ship during a violent storm – were heading to a mysterious destination in a quest that may have held the secret to containing Elsa’s out of control Ice powers. And against Elsa’s wishes, Anna wants to finish their journey to find out what they were looking for, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Faustino Di Bauda as Walter/Sleepy, Giancarlo Esposito as Sidney/Magic Mirror, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Georgina Haig as Elsa, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, Scott Michael Foster as Kristoff, Oliver Rice as noble man, Pascale Hutton as regal woman, Raphael Alejandro as Roland, Jason Burkart as Little John, Christie Laing as Maid Marian and John Rhys-Davies as Grand Pabbie.

”A Tale of Two Sisters” was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Ralph Hemecker

Source
I know OUAT has it's fair share of online fans, but almost all of the show's plotlines sound extremely silly to me.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolilly (View Post)
I'm a huge fan of hers and of OUAT. I can't wait to see her there.
I'm so curious to find out who she's playing!

Love her dress on those set pics posted here above.
She looks stunning

Is it September 28th yet?
Hey Caro!
Long time no see - how are you?

She does look beautiful in the set pics. We have a good idea of how she's playing, but we're waiting to see which other characters already on the show she is connected to.
Quote:
They didn't release any specifics, but I think it was probably both.
Thanks. I think a part of me has started dreading Josh's next projects, after what we've been getting so far.
Quote:
I have no idea. Maybe shoot up on drugs and alcohol?

You bring the ice-cream, I'll grab the booze.
Quote:
Thanks for that. It's nice to know that Elizabeth and Giancarlo seem to have a scene together, at least.
Yes, hopefully it's more than a few seconds.
Quote:
Press release for the season premiere:

I know OUAT has it's fair share of online fans, but almost all of the show's plotlines sound extremely silly to me.
They look better on screen than they do on paper..?
Look at me, making an attempt at optimism.

Thanks for the press release!
So Liz isn't in the first episode, but that synopsis pretty much confirms to me that she will also play Elsa and Anna's mother.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some more spoilery bits:
Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell, Robert and Emilie were on set today. Robert and Emilie came over to take pics but Elizabeth wasn’t allowed to.
[x]
Quote:
Apparently Robert and Elizabeth were filming together and Emilie filmed a scene alone.

Emilie was wearing an Enchanted Forest outfit, Robert was wearing his Mr. Gold outfit and Elizabeth was wearing her Snow Queen dress.
[x]

Even tough people weren't allowed to take photos, someone managed to snap a faraway shot of Liz:

Anything is possible, if you hold on to hope.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
@AdamHorowitzLA Here's another #OnceUponATime #titlespoiler! 15 days to go! Hope to see ya!

[x]