Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

You can just cover your eyes during the gory scenes, and try to enjoy the rest of the plot.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

This film was completed 2 or 3 months ago and we already have an official trailer and an updated movie description:

Quote:
It’s been two years since Leo Barnes (Frank Grillo) stopped himself from a regrettable act of revenge on Purge Night. Now serving as head of security for Senator Charlie Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell), his mission is to protect her in a run for president and survive the annual ritual that targets the poor and innocent. But when a betrayal forces them onto the streets of D.C. on the one night when no help is available, they must stay alive until dawn…
Old 02-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Today appears to be big "The Purge 3" information day. Not only do we have a trailer, but we also have an official poster and some stills:

Click on the pictures to access the HQ versions.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Stoked!

Liz Charlene for President!

Well, I hope her character wins in the end.

Based on the trailer, I'm not so sure...

At least I think that's the big question of this third movie. If the Purge night is going to end or not.

The Hollywood Reporter wrote an article about the trailer and posted a capture of Liz/Charlene:

EW talked with Frank Grillo:

Quote:
“It’s very politically charged,” Grillo told EW of the third film in the Purge franchise. “It’s basically my character and then a senator who has kind of uncovered what the purge really is.” Translation: She wants to end the purge, which for first-time viewers, is a 12-hour period of time in which all crime is legal, including murder.

So when a person in power speaks out against it, naturally, she becomes a central target on purge night. “They’re trying to assassinate her, and she and I go on this adventure together,” Grillo said.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

^ I'm looking forward to this movie too. I had very low expectations for this film and the trailer surprised me in a positive way. At the very least, this looks like it should be 90-minutes of slasher fun.

According to Box Office Mojo, "The Purge 3" will hit theaters on the 1st of July and it will get a wide release.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

From the Wall Street Journal:

Quote:
‘The Purge: Election Year’ Trailer Trumps ‘Batman v Superman’ on Twitter

In a social-media version of David vs. Goliath, the trailer for the low-budget thriller “The Purge: Election Year” generated more buzz on Twitter last week than the final trailer for superhero epic “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” according to data from research firm ListenFirst.

The new “Purge,” which is the third in a series of films speculating about life American life if it were to include one night of lawlessness every year, looks to ratchet up the political commentary of its narrative, while having some fun with the fact that it is, indeed, an election year in the U.S. The movie, which stars Frank Grillo and Elizabeth Mitchell, opens July 4 weekend.

“Batman v Superman,” meanwhile, is a little more than a month away, and Warner Bros. wants to make sure that its big bet on the duel of arguably the two most recognizable superheroes — played by Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively — pays off. But now, in addition to having to measure up against upcoming 2016 Marvel Studios offerings “Captain America: Civil War” and “Doctor Strange,” the DC Comics property’s performance will be compared with that of 20th Century Fox’s Marvel adaptation “Deadpool,” an R-rated romp that grossed a shocking $150 million over Presidents Day weekend.

Rounding out the top five for last week were trailers for the comedy “Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates,” the fantasy sequel “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” and the comedy “The Brothers Grimsby.”

Source
Old 03-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

There are several new "Purge" videos up on IMDB. They don't contain any scenes of the movie. They are more like political campaign ads, which is actually not a bad marketing idea considering that the USA is right in the middle of political preselections.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for the link
Old 04-30-2016, 01:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Apparently there was a screening of the movie. I saw a post on Twitter about it describing the movie as "wild" and saying that people "cheered out loud" for Liz "multiple times".

This makes me very happy. Liz deserves all the love.

It also makes me much more excited about this movie, if that's possible.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

that's so awesome that everyone loved Liz's character so much
Old 04-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
Apparently there was a screening of the movie. I saw a post on Twitter about it describing the movie as "wild" and saying that people "cheered out loud" for Liz "multiple times".

This makes me very happy. Liz deserves all the love.

It also makes me much more excited about this movie, if that's possible.
That's very encouraging to hear. I don't think I have been this excited about a Liz project in years, so I certainly do share your enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing the news with us.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Hope that means it will be really well received when it's released
Old 05-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
Hope that means it will be really well received when it's released
I hope so, too. I don't expect it to win awards or anything, but it would be nice if it did well from a commercial standpoint.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I just read the OP and this movie doesn't sound as scary or horror as I thought based on the title. It's more like an action/suspense type movie
Old 05-05-2016, 10:25 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for all of the news!