Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeaaaah, a hug

You know...I get so warm thinking about these two this season. I remember making this thread back in S1, and saying that I would love them to develop a father/daughter type relationship down the line. But knowing the show and its craziness, it was just a hope.

But now look at them

BryceLarkinFanForever Combo
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

The writers definitely saw the potential growing and went with it

I like how much they're embedding Alaric into the show now. Put people around the Gilbert kids and good things happen!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated dreamer (View Post)
I like how much they're embedding Alaric into the show now. Put people around the Gilbert kids and good things happen!
LOL I'm not sure good things happen considering the alarming death rate of the Gilbert parental figures...but I suppose it means you are a character right in the middle of all the action

Alaric seems to be the most stable and most likely-to-survive one of the parental figures!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa... the death rate is scary, I'll give you that

But it's so great for the character! Totally worth it!

And he's in the know, working WITH them and wearing his ring so his odds are at least a bit higher thankfully
Old 12-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicated dreamer (View Post)
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa... the death rate is scary, I'll give you that

But it's so great for the character! Totally worth it!

And he's in the know, working WITH them and wearing his ring so his odds are at least a bit higher thankfully
It's worth it as long as he doesn't go die! I want him to stay alive and be Papa Gilbert forever!

And yes, thank god he still has that ring, but I fear that ring might not even be effective because there was that mention that it's taking longer for him to be revived...makes me worried...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 12-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

I know...

As soon as that line was said I started freaking out.

If the ring has a limited number of times it's effective I'm going to be devastated...

I love Alaric too much and Elena and Jer are going to be completely ruined if they lose one more person...
Old 12-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Maybe the ring needs recharging? I had a feeling that it might not last forever, there might be a specific number of times that it works.

And yes, Elena and Jer can't loose someone else after both John and Jenna, that'd just be too much! They need their Papa-Bear!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully it's just something like that.

I would hate them forever if they gave us some kind of sick situation where he dies and we expect him to get back up but doesnt. Like I will throw a nightmare of a fit...

That would be the worst kind of death ever... ugh now I'm getting all worked up and panicked over it

I can only imagine the impact that'd leave on the other characters too. Like, Elena probably blame herself thinking that she lead him to his death under the assumption he'd come back and didn't and omg just no
Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't want to even think about the possibility of Alaric dying. I would be devastated.

I am looking forward to more interactions between him and Elena though. I love their relationship. I wish the show would incorporate more family moments in the episodes. I would love to see them sit down and have another heart to heart, especially with everything going on around them. I'd like for Jeremy to be a part of this too. Maybe they could talk about how much they miss Jenna, she's hardly come up in their conversations of late.

But I think they've done a good job showing the kind of role Alaric plays in their lives now that he feels responsible for them.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

I think they're definitely starting to head in that direction

They see the positive reaction to the family moments and use them as much as they can.

all 3 characters together are golden!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would love an Elena\Alaric\Jeremy scene, I'm surprised there hasn't been more of them this season.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Absolute Fan

The scenes they have together in the last episode is just amazing! They really work well with each other and there is so much love and support they have for each other!

Now that it's just gonna be them, they're really gonna need each other even more without Jeremy in the house.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

I wonder how they will play it out! She now relies on him as a parental figure. He is the only parental figure left !
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceLarkinFanForever (View Post)
The scenes they have together in the last episode is just amazing! They really work well with each other and there is so much love and support they have for each other!

Now that it's just gonna be them, they're really gonna need each other even more without Jeremy in the house.
I agree. Their scenes were perfect in the last episode. Loved seeing them taking care of each other. Elena would have been distraught if she had lost Alaric. They're such an adorable little family, attempting to have a family dinner and all.

I really hope they have more scenes like this and hopefully Jer will return home sooner rather than later.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

last night we finally had them again!