Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)

I was torn on how I felt about Damon's reaction. On the one hand I loved that he cared so much and was trying to put a stop to it, but on the other... DUDE, you're the one that did this to him. I feel like it was some kind of flaw in the writing or Damon's just a rollercoaster of emotion. I mean, the end of 1.17, Damon looks horrified that Stefan is drinking. End of 1.18, Damon purposely leaves blood to make Stefan drink. Beginning of 1.19, Damon thinks it's a terrible idea for Stefan to be drinking and knows he will get out of control. WHUUUUUUUT?
lol I totally see what your saying!

I guess he just doesn't want the town catching on to the Vampires and Stefan stealing blood at this point isn't helping.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
LOL, I know. I was just giving a disclaimer just in case, because I don't want to sound like, "STEFAN GOING INSANE ON ELENA IS SO HAWT!!!!111!!!1!"
Okay

Also, I agree with what you said about Damon's reaction. You said it much better than I could

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was torn on how I felt about Damon's reaction. On the one hand I loved that he cared so much and was trying to put a stop to it, but on the other... DUDE, you're the one that did this to him. I feel like it was some kind of flaw in the writing or Damon's just a rollercoaster of emotion. I mean, the end of 1.17, Damon looks horrified that Stefan is drinking. End of 1.18, Damon purposely leaves blood to make Stefan drink. Beginning of 1.19, Damon thinks it's a terrible idea for Stefan to be drinking and knows he will get out of control. WHUUUUUUUT?
lmao ITA ^^
but the writers have been seeming to get lazy with damons character in general lately, which sucks since hes the reason i watch.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

What made the DE dance more awesome was the song playing in the background! I'm in DE heaven!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Master Fan

Link anyone

Love all your recaps guys thanks so much!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiCaRdiBrEeZa (View Post)
Link anyone

PMing
Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiCaRdiBrEeZa (View Post)
Link anyone

I sent you a PM.

ETA:

OMG, the car scene. Why so hot Paul/Stefan?

i love you. ♡

Last edited by 21:21; 04-23-2010 at 01:40 AM
Old 04-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Amazing episode!
First Bonnie is back and better than ever! I missed Kat so much. She is such an amazing actress and Bonnie has always been my fav character. She's so strong and I felt so much for her in this episode and love the new personality.

I have never really cared for Damon or Stefan, but after this episode I'm team Stefan all the way! He's trying so hard to fight and Paul did an amazing job doing that. Damon I just don't get. His feelings over Stefan drinking human blood changes every episode. I don't understand him at all.

My main problem still is Elena. I can't feel for her. She is just so bland. No personality at all. I'm not sure what is is exactly. Nina puts so much into Katherine but with Elena there's nothing. The writers give her some spunk, give her something!!! I just roll my eyes when she comes on now.

Caroline I could give or take. Her story didn't really mean anything to me.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I also completely agree with those who say Bonnie has little to no personality. I think that's why it's so hard for me to care about her or sympathize. I just... don't really see her as a character. She's a plot device to me.
ITA with this. I just re-watched and the scenes where she was talking to the girls were just...dull to me. Just because you are being 'cold' to a friend doesn't mean you can't have 'fire.' Even the scene where she used her powers - it was so so zombie-like.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Amazing episode!
First Bonnie is back and better than ever! I missed Kat so much. She is such an amazing actress and Bonnie has always been my fav character. She's so strong and I felt so much for her in this episode and love the new personality.

My main problem still is Elena. I can't feel for her. She is just so bland. No personality at all. I'm not sure what is is exactly. Nina puts so much into Katherine but with Elena there's nothing. The writers give her some spunk, give her something!!! I just roll my eyes when she comes on now.

Caroline I could give or take. Her story didn't really mean anything to me.
I think Elena and Caroline have a LOT more personality than Bonnie.

Bonnie has an actual plot with her being a witch and i still have no interest in her.

I wish Caroline had been the witch

And i think Elena is pretty amazing
Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Absolute Fan

GREAT episode!

All the DE stuff KILLED me Their scenes were awesome, and the dance scene was just AMAZING!

I'm so glad Caroline won! I wish there'd been more focus on her pov, as this has been such a continuing theme (her vs elena) through out the show. I missed Matt Wish he'd been there with her.

I've been waiting for Bonnie's return for ages! I'm glad she's back, but she just annoyed me this episode :S

Poor Stefan, I do still ship SE but my shipper heart is just way too big for DE
Old 04-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

I have a question that just occurred to me:

Damon said in this episode that Stefan has suppressed his urges pretty much the entire time for the past 145 years, right? That he never learned to control them?
But then why would he all of a sudden change and become more brooding, because Lexi said that 20 years ago he was more fun. Carefree. Happy. What happened in those 20 years?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 04-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Elena. She is very loyal and strong-willed, and I think she really showed both those traits this episode. She believed Stefan was better than what the blood made him and she refused to back down, even when it scared her.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love Elena. She is very loyal and strong-willed, and I think she really showed both those traits this episode. She believed Stefan was better than what the blood made him and she refused to back down, even when it scared her.
and i love that she doesn't see things in black or white, always tries to see the best in people, and that she doesn't hold grudges

I've got a LOT of love for Elena
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I LOVE Stefan/Damon!

i love you. ♡