Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Omg! I just got done watching the ep. Idk how to feel!

Good. Tyler's eyes! Holy Cow! I am so excited to see his werewolf sL. I feel so bad that he's going to have to go through it alone, but I also think it will humanize him more. This is seriously the sl that I am most looking forward to next season!

Bad. Anna! I seriously feel like crying! Why do they have to kill the good girl vamps? Huh? First Lexie (I did cry/sob) and now Anna! I was really hoping that Anna was going to rip UJ to shreds.

Good. My heart has melted even more for the Salvatore brothers.

Bonnie: Hey, you can't go in there. The fire will take you out.
Stefan: He's my brother, Bonnie

Bad. Katherine is back. Stupid b*tch! If you hurt either of the brothers, I hope....I wish Lexie was here to kick your a$$.

Good. Damon wants to save the town! Now he and Stefan need to claim it as thier vampire territory so they can kill any other vamp who is there without permission. You have now idea how much I loved it when Damon was threating isobel and he called it his town.

Bad. Caroline with internal bleeding! Im at least glad that everyone was showing concern for her this time. Tyler and Matt were there and Elena was headed to the hospital. Except, where's Bonnie?

Good. I loved the Matt/Caroline and the Matt/Caroline/Tyler scenes. My heart was bursting when Matt called her baby. Such a cute moment! Still, I want Caroline/Tyler next year when he's going through his transformation. And I wouldnt mind a MCT triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary1591 (View Post)
I guess I just don't see why Stefan is still so closed off and damaged. Him feeling guilt for Damon's deeds didn't make me feel sympathy for Stefan at all, and as much as they say Damon has made Stefan's life miserable all I see him do is taunt him.. The one thing he hurt him with was with Lexi, and he actually wanted Stefan to forgive him for that. Stefan is generally liked by people more than Damon cuz he's not a dick, so why is he so closed-off and tortured? It bugs me
I think every time Damon killed a human, Stefan blamed himself. I think Stefan's thinking is "If I dont get close, they wont get hurt". Either by himself or by Damon. But you're right, about what we've seen. I wish they'd give us flashbacks of the 145 yrs that Damon tortured him. I think it would help everyone see and undertand why Stefan is the way he is, now.

I dont get why everyone says that Damon is the bad a$$ vampire. I think both brothers are pretty bad a$$. Try and hurt Elena and you'll see how wicked Stefan can get. I want Stefan to start drinking vamp blood. That way he is getting the blood he needs to be supervamped but he is not killing humans.

Avi by MaybeLove.//Santana

Last edited by rrpdsks; 05-14-2010 at 10:30 AM
Old 05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have been neutral towards Bonnie as a character but with this episode I'd say I have turned anti-Bonnie.

One of the biggest problems for me is I just don't buy into "Bonnie is suddenly the most powerful witch ever" sl. I'm sorry, she is a 17 years old girl, who only a couple of months ago realized she was a witch as her powers just manifested. She just had a very traumatizing experience with her Grandmother dying and has been away for a few weeks mourning, and during this time she also started to do practice her powers, improve on them, reading her ancestors spellbook. But now, I'm supposed to believe she has somehow morphed into this all-powerful witch who can recite any spell at the top of her head and not break much sweat over it and what's more will go up to 145+ years old vampires and threaten them telling she will and can so easily kill them if they ever go outside the boundaries she sets for them? I'm not buying, and part of it is definately the actress not selling me on it, but the other part is also the show, the build-up not selling it. I was OK with not seeing Bonnie learn how to do the mind trick etc. BUT I expected to see her still growing into her powers once we finally had her. Instead she's walking around as if she is so powerful she would make Emily look 2nd tier. Which in turn angers me and I find myself going "bite her already, one of you", for she comes off as an arrogant teenager more than anything else...

And then there is her non-friendship with Elena at the moment. She is such an ice queen that I feel NO REAL EMOTION in her interactions with Elena anymore. I was OK with it in the first episode where she was confused and just back from grieving etc. But it has been going on for too long and even her 'friendship' with Caroline has that coldness on her part. It almost feels she just doesn't want it severed out of habit and maybe a need to have some human relations so she doesn't get lost too much into the supernatural or whatever... I just don't see the 'friendship' anymore. I liked the "I don't want to be a witch. Do you want to be a witch?" Bonnie better.

As for Stefan and his constant 'think the worse of Damon' habit
: I think Damon is right and part of it IS jeaolusy. Stefan wants Damon to not kill people and embrace his humanity etc. but I don't think he is necessarily interested in Damon stealing the "good vampire" role from him. I think he is very much used to being the "good" one, for he was the "Good son" when they were human and he was the "good vampire" when they were vampires and Damon getting more into his 'area' bothers him. For he feels that is what he really has to offer to anyone and if he is no more really unique in that area, Damon, who has a certain warmth and charm Stefan lacks, will just 'best' him. I think it was most telling in the way he gave her the "John is your Father" news. He just HAD to somehow bring Damon into it, drawing attention to how if he had allowed Damon to bring the news Damon would certainly do it in a unthoughtful way so he had to be the bringer of these shocking news to protect Elena from being told by Damon -that unthoughtfull little prick... Seriously, Damon did NOT need to be brought up in that conversation at all, but it seems Stefan just can't help it. He needs to bring up Damon, and make a comparison between himself and Damon, pointing out how he is the 'good' one and Damon is the 'bad' one all the time... It has such a "Look at me, I'm the good one, choose me, choose me" feel to it sometimes...
Love crime

LOGH
Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

As a Bonnie fan, I get what you mean I actually think that was the writers mistake when she was all like ''I will take you both down'' even I was like erm ok. IDk unless the writers did this on purpose and they have something else up their sleeves like possibly her communicating with Emily or Grams. Because seriously Stefan should have patted her head and said ''how cute''

We never even got to see her power improving and building so it is hard to understand how powerful she is and it does seem unrealistic that is seems like now she can easily supposedly take down vampires who are 145years old.

I do agree on the friendship with Elena but I think both girls have been horrible friends to each other. They both come off cold to me to eachother. I think the interactions with Elena at the moment was done on purpose maybe to portray that they are not good and it will take time. But I did see a flick of past Bonnie when she was waving to Elena.

Maybe the writers will make her darker and thats why she seems colder to everyone, I have noticed this and the lil warning to Stefan maybe she will go psycho witch on us.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I honestly can't feel sorry for Damon kissing "Elena"/Katherine, because he is an ass for hitting on Elena in the first place. No matter whether she decided he was worth saving or not (which she didn't, actually), kissing your brother's girlfriend is lower than low, especially considering the kind of history the brothers have. And that, in turn, kind of cheapens the DJ moment for me, because it seems he just wants to do seemingly selfless acts to impress Elena and not because it's actually the right thing to do.
She told Uncle J to not stop her and Stefan from saving Damon, and she was going to go in with Stefan to save Damon and part of the reason Bonnie is also letting Damon be is because Elena is so connected to him, so I'd say she has decided he was worth saving. But then I don't know why that's even a revelation, she already saved him once when Lexi's boyfriend tried to kill him, so he has been on her "worth saving" list for quite some time now...

And it is not like Damon just grabbed Elena and landed a kiss to her. His emotions have been all over the place this episode and he just bared his soul to her with the "I'm confused, I actually care about the town, when did that happen" speech. The 'kiss' he gave her first was a cheeck one, which yes, had to do with how much he loved her, but was also quite innocent and had a lot to do with how close to her he was feeling at that time due to opening up to her and her encouraging words about him being a 'good' person. It is how "Elena" (who we now know is Katherine) reacted to that cheeck kiss by encouraging for 'more' that lead to the actual kiss, in which he was still very hesitant at first... I think it is certain "Stefan" wasn't at all in his mind at that moment as he got lost in the moment, but I also don't think IF he thinks Elena loves him back like he loves her his love he is not likely to stop for Stefan's sake, and neither should he have to. Stefan didn't, too, in the past (before the whole compulsion thing started). For really, if two people really love and want another I don't think they need to repress those feelings for the "3rd party". They only need to not go behind his back, making him think everything is OK as they hook-up in secret all the time....

I also don't think Damon's Anna talk with Jeremy had anything to do with Elena. He didn't even TELL Elena that he was there to talk to Jeremy. The DJ moment was purely a Jeremy-Damon moment, where Damon not only apologized for Vickty but also kind of got to grieve about Anna with the one other person who really came to care about her, and whose lost would mean something for. I think it is clear Damon really wanted to protect Anna and was sad to see her die, and Jeremy is the only person he can go talk to about that, and the only person Jeremy has who would more or less understand his feelings regarding the matter. It is kind of similar to how he bonded with Alaric over Isobel/Katherine, but with Jeremy what he has is Vicky/Anna (and then there is the fact Damon 'knows' how it feels to lose the love of your life, the guy 'died' thinking his soulmate was taken to a church to be burned and than made it his vampire life's mission to save her from the tomb). It was a genuine offer to help Jeremy out with the pain (and I's say it would piss Elena off dearly if she find out he offered to wipe Jeremy's mind again so another reason why I don't think he was thining of Elena at all when he went there) and genuine sorrow for everything...

I kind of wish Jeremy DID end up a vamp (though, would he really make the decision to feed?), and formed a big brother/younger brother bond with Damon and seeing them like that got Stefan jealous as THAT is the life he was envisioning for him and Damon when they turned but Damon decided to 'hate' him. Which shall lead to a confrontation between the two and maybe some much needed heart-to-heart about how they both don't really hate one another and even kind of enjoy each other's company.... Yes, wishful thinking...

Disturbia I'm glad to know Bonnie becoming so powerful all of a sudden also doesn't sit all that well with some Bonnie fans. I TOTALLY exoected her to turn out to be a very powerful, Emily-level witch, don't get me wrong. But I didn't expect it to happen THIS fast (talk about rushed, lol) and it felt even Emily wasn't all powerful like Bonnie is presented given the poor girl ended up being burned as a witch by mere humans and depended on a vampire to protect her family. That's why I think it IS possible her "I'm the most powerful" act will end up hurting Bonnie... Maybe the power will make her kind of go crazy (thus the Dark! Bonnie sl) or will cause some health problems or at a very unfortunate moment she'll find out her 'powers' are not all that affective against all creatures, at all times - including vampires, especially 'older' ones.
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Schumiac; 05-14-2010 at 11:19 AM
Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
I have been neutral towards Bonnie as a character but with this episode I'd say I have turned anti-Bonnie.

One of the biggest problems for me is I just don't buy into "Bonnie is suddenly the most powerful witch ever" sl. I'm sorry, she is a 17 years old girl, who only a couple of months ago realized she was a witch as her powers just manifested. She just had a very traumatizing experience with her Grandmother dying and has been away for a few weeks mourning, and during this time she also started to do practice her powers, improve on them, reading her ancestors spellbook. But now, I'm supposed to believe she has somehow morphed into this all-powerful witch who can recite any spell at the top of her head and not break much sweat over it and what's more will go up to 145+ years old vampires and threaten them telling she will and can so easily kill them if they ever go outside the boundaries she sets for them? I'm not buying, and part of it is definately the actress not selling me on it, but the other part is also the show, the build-up not selling it. I was OK with not seeing Bonnie learn how to do the mind trick etc. BUT I expected to see her still growing into her powers once we finally had her. Instead she's walking around as if she is so powerful she would make Emily look 2nd tier. Which in turn angers me and I find myself going "bite her already, one of you", for she comes off as an arrogant teenager more than anything else...
Well when your not in 5 episode what else is there to do? I don't have a problem with her being so powerful she is related to Grams/Emily so this was bound to happen.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Stefan thinks he has to be the good one. When he is bad and acts evil, like Damon early on, people don't like him. Not even Damon liked Stefan when he was blood addicted.

Still I say there is an easy fix. Let Stefan drink vampire blood. That way they can both be good/bad whenever they want to. One isn't forced to be perfect and the other isnt forced to be evil.

There's one problem with the Stefan was the "3rd party" theory in 1864. Stefan was with Katherine first even then. The way I saw it was Stefan courts Katherine. Katherine compulses Stefan. Damon falls in love with Katherine. So really Damon was the one who didnt stop then too. Not that I like Katherine/Stefan.

Damon loved her more and If Stefan weren't being compulsed, then I could see why you would be bothered by him not stepping aside.

Im just saying that Stefan was the third party theory doesn't work because Damon was always the third party.

Avi by MaybeLove.//Santana

Last edited by rrpdsks; 05-14-2010 at 11:29 AM
Old 05-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She told Uncle J to not stop her and Stefan from saving Damon, and she was going to go in with Stefan to save Damon and part of the reason Bonnie is also letting Damon be is because Elena is so connected to him
But Damon thinks that Stefan only saved him because Elena asked him to. And that never happened, as a matter of fact, it was Stefan who first asked where Damon was and he decided to go to save him. Elena didn't ask Stefan: Please go in and save Damon because he's very close to my heart.

Quote:
I also don't think IF he thinks Elena loves him back like he loves her his love he is not likely to stop for Stefan's sake, and neither should he have to.
If Elena is with Stefan at the time then he definitely SHOULD stop. And Elena was with Stefan when Damon thought he was kissing her. AND she even had told him hours before to stop with the flirting. I'm not saying they can't hook up when Stefan and Elena are broken up, but for all Damon knows, SE are happy and going strong and Elena would risk her life to be with Stefan.
Quote:
Stefan didn't, too, in the past (before the whole compulsion thing started).
We also know that it was Stefan who "was" with Katherine first, though. Stefan didn't know that Damon was with Katherine that night (he said so in episode 6) and that next morning he was compelled. So, how is that Stefan not stopping for Damon's sake if he didn't even know that Damon was with Katherine?

Quote:
and I's say it would piss Elena off dearly if she find out he offered to wipe Jeremy's mind again
She asked him to do it the first time and not once has she said that what she did was wrong and that she'd never do it again. She only made excuses.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

As I was watching the episode, I was almost dreading the last 10 minutes because it had to be something big. I almost threw my slipper at the television when Damon and Elena kissed, what a rat kissing his brother's girl after he has just saved his life. I immediately thought his reaction seemed a little strange after Elena went in the house like he thought something was off. When Elena went in the kitchen and was fooling with the knives and was looking down at John's ring it all of a sudden made sense it was Katherine and I was relieved. I wonder if Katherine will stick around or if she went back for the device that kills vampires. Also what will Damon's reaction to Elena be. I would have liked to see more Alaric, I was worried he would be eliminated. Also poor Jeremy hope he doesn't turn vampire. Not surprised about the mayor or Anna at all. Have to say Nina is an excellent actress playing two different personalities the way she does, also Ian is teriffic as Damon he steals the show, but I love my Stefan
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm glad to know Bonnie becoming so powerful all of a sudden also doesn't sit all that well with some Bonnie fans. I TOTALLY exoected her to turn out to be a very powerful, Emily-level witch, don't get me wrong. But I didn't expect it to happen THIS fast (talk about rushed, lol) and it felt even Emily wasn't all powerful like Bonnie is presented given the poor girl ended up being burned as a witch by mere humans and depended on a vampire to protect her family. That's why I think it IS possible her "I'm the most powerful" act will end up hurting Bonnie... Maybe the power will make her kind of go crazy (thus the Dark! Bonnie sl) or will cause some health problems or at a very unfortunate moment she'll find out her 'powers' are not all that affective against all creatures, at all times - including vampires, especially 'older' ones.
For me it is definitely a writing issue. I remember when Bonnie came back some of us were speculating if when grams died her powers and knowledge were transfered to Bonnie, with Bonnie being gone for five eps then coming back stronger. I think they should have went that route. It seems like the writers want everyone to just be like ''Im sure she was practicing thats why she is so powerful now'' It doesnt work that way, we needed to see Bonnie during her time away especially as it makes it hard for some people to understand her actions or her attitude. It didnt help that when she did come back we barely saw her. Or another better route would have been in the finale we saw her communicating with Emily or with grams so that it would be easy to see why she is so powerful now and how she was able to do the spells so easily.

I can totally see her going dark with that speech maybe even abusing her powers possibly. Or another sl could be her powers putting herself as well as other people in danger so then she can finally relate to the vampires.

I actually like dark Bonnie but a few laughs and smiles that we had from the beginning is certainly missed.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA504 (View Post)
Well when your not in 5 episode what else is there to do? I don't have a problem with her being so powerful she is related to Grams/Emily so this was bound to happen.
lol, ikr? How much time had passed when she was gone from those 5 episodes? 5 weeks, what? It's not that hard to believe she could have learned more about her powers.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
lol, ikr? How much time had passed when she was gone from those 5 episodes? 5 weeks, what? It's not that hard to believe she could have learned more about her powers.
IKR. I'm sure once Grams had died she really started to practice on her powers.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If Elena is with Stefan at the time then he definitely SHOULD stop. And Elena was with Stefan when Damon thought he was kissing her. AND she even had told him hours before to stop with the flirting. I'm not saying they can't hook up when Stefan and Elena are broken up, but for all Damon knows, SE are happy and going strong and Elena would risk her life to be with Stefan.
I think that was my issue with it. That he was supposed to be coming this good person but really didnt think twice about making out with who he thought was Elena...especially after his brother just saved him like an hour before . I mean DE kissing, yeah its going to happen, but if it were to happen like that it would be all kinds of wrong, considering the message Damon was trying to enforce. Also, as much as i love SE, i did want Stefan to be wrong about Damon this episode...but...
Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

I guess Bonnie getting her powers that quickly isn't impossible, but it doesn't feel completely "earned". Then again, this show moves so fast that a lot doesn't feel completely earned like Matt and Caroline making up, Stefan and Elena's epic LOVE, Elena and Damon's "friendship".

Bonnie didn't just learn to control her powers to do new things, she apparently learned to read in witch language and she can recite spells by heart. It would just all make a lot more sense if Emily or Grams were somehow inside Bonnie and doing a lot of the magic stuff for her. But who knows, maybe the show does really expects that "well, she practised" is enough of an explanation.

It would be interesting to see Bonnie run into a problem where there is no pre-existing spell for it in her book and she realizes that she actually has no idea whatsoever about how to make up new spells.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I really hope that they will delve more into the witch sl and develop Bonnie, because Im scared that the writers will speed up how powerful she is just so the trio or foursome if you include Alaric can use her powers and have a witch to help them with whatever trouble that comes in MF that week. And we never really get any character development or sl for Bonnie.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Said it better than I could and I totally agree with you Lynn!