Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)

Because she asked Damon to compel Jeremy on both occasions and actually knew what was going on and why it was being done. Stefan compelled him w/o telling her. I'm not saying he shouldn't have or either which way, I'm just thinking how she's probably thinking
Weak. It was an excuse to bring some angst into SE's relationship. Elena is being a massive hypocrite. Just because Jeremy is her brother, doesn't give her ownership rights over who compels him or not (certainly not from Jeremy's pov anyway). I really hope that next episode Elena realises this.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
BTW, it was refreshing to see the gang have to try to do something w/o just asking Bonnie to do some sort of quick fix. Also the Bonnie scene where she lit up all the candles reminded me of the scene in 1x04 when she lights all the candles at the Lockwood mansion - so beautiful!
The sad thing is its because they couldnt reach her, Shane made Bonnie turn off her phone.
I agree that scene was really nice it was also nice to see her happy.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stile's#1fan|TeenWolf (View Post)
Weak. It was an excuse to bring some angst into SE's relationship. Elena is being a massive hypocrite. Just because Jeremy is her brother, doesn't give her ownership rights over who compels him or not (certainly not from Jeremy's pov anyway). I really hope that next episode Elena realises this.
That is actually quite normal way of thinking. "I can bitch about my brother, have a go at him, but if you do it, you cross me" Whatever happens to Jeremy, in the end of the day Stefan & co don't have to carry it with the them, but Elena does have to live with it too, it is her brother.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhashin (View Post)
That is actually quite normal way of thinking. "I can bitch about my brother, have a go at him, but if you do it, you cross me" Whatever happens to Jeremy, in the end of the day Stefan & co don't have to carry it with the them, but Elena does have to live with it too, it is her brother.
Normal thinking or not, it still doesn't change the hypocrisy Elena's love for her brother doesn't mean she doesn't make mistakes, she knew how against Jeremy was on being compelled when she told Damon to do it the first time, but it still didn't stop her from doing it the 2nd time. I am not picking on Elena or whatever else you might be thinking, but seemingly unbeknownest to Elena, Jeremy is his own man, she doesn't get to make decisions for him. I have a feeling her hypocrisy will be brought up in some upcoming epiosdes though, so I am not to worried
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Erm, I don't think she was upset about compelling as much as the scheming with klaus, the sworn enemy. It's just a little dodgy.

I'm sorry but my heart broke in half when Elena killed the hunter. I'm sorry but I felt sick to my stomach. I was worried she was going to do it by feeding on him. Breathed a brief sigh of relief and then got knocked down again with that neck break! I knew, EVENTUALLY she would kill. But this was too soon. She is so miserable. At least he wasn't a total innocent like Caroline's first kill. Still. I'm in shock from the ep and super surprised that Elena doing her first kill isn't the biggest discussion topic.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Normal thinking or not, it still doesn't change the hypocrisy Elena's love for her brother doesn't mean she doesn't make mistakes, she knew how against Jeremy was on being compelled when she told Damon to do it the first time, but it still didn't stop her from doing it the 2nd time. I am not picking on Elena or whatever else you might be thinking, but seemingly unbeknownest to Elena, Jeremy is his own man, she doesn't get to make decisions for him. I have a feeling her hypocrisy will be brought up in some upcoming epiosdes though, so I am not to worried
All of the characters are hypocrites, they have one set of rules for their loved ones and for themselves than others. Stefan is one big hypocrite as well. He was just upset how Elena didn't tell him about her feeding problems, and now he is keeping a huge secret from her. Elena is ot.the only hypocrite in town, why only pick her then?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by billibhoney (View Post)
I knew, EVENTUALLY she would kill. But this was too soon. She is so miserable. At least he wasn't a total innocent like Caroline's first kill. Still. I'm in shock from the ep and super surprised that Elena doing her first kill isn't the biggest discussion topic.
I was suprised with Elena's kill this episode. I thought it would be further in the series before it happened. Her reaction when she was digging the grave was well done. I felt really sorry for her.

But I liked her I'm dangerous too speech earlier in the episode. In general, I'd like to see her stronger and less of the damsel in distress. I hope we see progress with her working out all of her issues as a vampire...I'm still not liking the cure plot. I think it will be a big copout if they change her back to human this season.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
All of the characters are hypocrites, they have one set of rules for their loved ones and for themselves than others. Stefan is one big hypocrite as well. He was just upset how Elena didn't tell him about her feeding problems, and now he is keeping a huge secret from her. Elena is ot.the only hypocrite in town, why only pick her then?
I never said Stefan wasn't a hyprocrite. Infact in most episodes Damon and Stefan are the single biggest hypocrites ever Why are you taking my bringing up Elena's hypocrisy in this episode as so personal? Elena is not some innocent victim (even if that's how the writers wish the viewers would see her as one).

As for working with Klaus Almost all the characters hide plans behind each other's backs and they all know how to work with the badguys aswell Stefan working with Klaus to get a cure for Elena (who is miserable as a vampire) is probably the least worst 'behind the back plan' I have ever seen on this show. Not when there is lying and going behind people's back all the time in this show and for less honourable reasons then wanting to help someone who is on the edge of snapping
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
I hope we see progress with her working out all of her issues as a vampire...I'm still not liking the cure plot. I think it will be a big copout if they change her back to human this season.
I agree about the cure thing. Cure or no cure it doesn't undo what she's done as a vamp. I feel like my biggest issue with this vamp thing is the logic. We have these hunters, who are aware of a "cure". That is the term they use. So why not round up all the vamps and cure them all? They are basically calling vampirism a disease. It is like saying, hey we have a cure for a virus but we will hide this cure 'cause there is more fun in just killing you while keeping you away from the cure. It is like those conspiracy theories about them having a cure for cancer but "they" don't want us to have it 'cause there's more money in not curing it. I mean seriously. What am I missing? This giant gap in logic is one problem and the whole copout thing is problem numero dos. And I think that Delena won't be end game if Elena is cured so that is my problem 3. Oh, and, wouldn't the witches and especially the original witch know about the cure? why arrange for all her children and countless others to die if they could just be cured?

The writers have some serious explaining to do. They better make it plausible or else this will become a shark jumping SL.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I never said Stefan wasn't a hyprocrite. Infact in most episodes Damon and Stefan are the single biggest hypocrites ever Why are you taking my bringing up Elena's hypocrisy in this episode as so personal? Elena is not some innocent victim (even if that's how the writers wish the viewers would see her as one).

As for working with Klaus Almost all the characters hide plans behind each other's backs and they all know how to work with the badguys aswell Stefan working with Klaus to get a cure for Elena (who is miserable as a vampire) is probably the least worst 'behind the back plan' I have ever seen on this show. Not when there is lying and going behind people's back all the time in this show and for less honourable reasons then wanting to help someone who is on the edge of snapping

I'm not taking it personal at all. But, IMO it's just typical to call out Elena as a hypocrite, when almost in the same scene all the characters are hypocrites.

Elena has the right to be upset over Stefan keeping secrets, about teaming up with the hydrid who has used Elena as his personal blood bag for ages. If it affects her brother, she has the right to say her displeasure, even if she has previously went against Jeremy's wishes in order to protect him.

I felt bad for Elena, but in the same time I did like that she killed someone so soon. I also do like, that it was a known character, and we actually do see her reaction to killing someone. With Caroline we got to see none of it, she is now acting like she has no issues with blood or bleeding humans, and she has been a vamp for less than 2 years. We see more struggle with
Damon and Stefan.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I felt bad for Elena, but in the same time I did like that she killed someone so soon. I also do like, that it was a known character, and we actually do see her reaction to killing someone. With Caroline we got to see none of it, she is now acting like she has no issues with blood or bleeding humans, and she has been a vamp for less than 2 years. We see more struggle with
Damon and Stefan.
I know what you mean about Caroline. They kind of made her "age" in vamp years too quick. There was a time, I don't remember when and with whom but she fought an older vamp with no probs and I remember thinking: wth!?!? I like that last ep Elena pointed out that she's almost too good. Like a vamp savant. At least the writers seem aware that she is being written like too much of a rock star without quite explaining where it all came from. Seriously, where did it come from? I mean I love that she is great but how? and why? For a while I thought maybe 'cause she fed on Klaus' blood early but so did Elena.

Back to this ep. I was wondering how the tattoo could appear on Jeremy also. Doesn't he have to kill a vamp? Maybe at any given time there must be five roaming the earth? I hope we get more info on the hunters.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Elena is officially a killer. Wow.

And she has killed the only hope of ever turning back into a human again, kinda ironic.

Damon was so ready to kill Stefan, maybe let him explain before you rip his heart out, no?

Jeremy is an official hunter now?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Stefan was so annoying to me in this episode.
Elena now a killer, i didn't see her killing Connor.
Katherine in the promo!! this better not be an hallucination
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

I think this episode was great and I loved all the action. Also we finally got the confirmation that Tyler didn't cheat And it's awesome that he's tryng to save the other hybrids.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm loving Elena's transformation. I think so far it has been one of the most realistic ones. They said the first kill it's always the worst. I think Connor was a great character (finally a hunter that acts like a hunter) because I'm glad Elena finally killed someone.

Jeremy's storyline just got a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billibhoney (View Post)
I know what you mean about Caroline. They kind of made her "age" in vamp years too quick. There was a time, I don't remember when and with whom but she fought an older vamp with no probs and I remember thinking: wth!?!? I like that last ep Elena pointed out that she's almost too good. Like a vamp savant. At least the writers seem aware that she is being written like too much of a rock star without quite explaining where it all came from. Seriously, where did it come from? I mean I love that she is great but how? and why? For a while I thought maybe 'cause she fed on Klaus' blood early but so did Elena.
I'm glad the writers finally realized this about Caroline because it was getting too ridiculous. I love the character but it was like she was a super vamp and all the rules the show has explained about vampires didn't apply to her.

Quote:
BTW, it was refreshing to see the gang have to try to do something w/o just asking Bonnie to do some sort of quick fix. Also the Bonnie scene where she lit up all the candles reminded me of the scene in 1x04 when she lights all the candles at the Lockwood mansion - so beautiful!
I agree. Also it was great to see Bonnie doing something for herself. I loved her scenes with Professor Shane.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

i'm enjoying elena's transformation as well. i'm not surprised she killed someone because it was bound to happen, but i'm surprised it was connor and it happened pretty fast. once she did that, it definitely declared her status as a vampire. she can't run away from what she is now. i've been waiting to finally see this girl fight back and not have stefan, damon, alaric, jeremy, bonnie, caroline, katherine etc. save this girl in some way. it's been a redundant tune for the past 3 seasons & some moments this season and i'm tired of it. of course, she's going to struggle with it but so has every vamp in his/her own way.

i think it's going to be interesting with jeremy as a "future" hunter. i think we all could sense jeremy was heading down some path the moment he could see dead people. which reminds me, will that also continue for him as a possible hunter? i was also glad to see bonnie away from the situation. the moment i heard damon requesting bonnie, it just made me roll my eyes. like, not again. bonnie, stay away! they just use and abuse her powers anyway. i'm sure it won't be long before she's back in tears again.

i wonder how klaus will handle elena killing connor? will jeremy be the next tortured one and forced to kill those around him since he has the markings now? i hope he keeps his mouth closed for a bit. i also hope katherine comes back in the next episode. it would be nice to see nina in a role that's not crying once again.
--The Dark Knight Rises
(avatar courtesy from messenjahmatt)