Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

hahaha, no no. I get why you thought that and reading it over I get it even more. I just get way too into that I have to basically bring something in about DE that's shipper squealness related

Again with the comment about how it feels like they're not really setting up anything this season...what are they exactly setting up? Is the SL coming in anytime soon, because it really just feels like they're dealing with Klaus being their new neighbor, Stefan acting all badass, & DE finally being explored. But that's it...there's nothing else.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
Again with the comment about how it feels like they're not really setting up anything this season...what are they exactly setting up? Is the SL coming in anytime soon, because it really just feels like they're dealing with Klaus being their new neighbor, Stefan acting all badass, & DE finally being explored. But that's it...there's nothing else.
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be an overhead story line this season and on top of that there isn't that much else happening either. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the character development in the birthday/funeral group but a little more plot development wouldn't hurt either.

I have no idea where they're going with this season aside from the DE-Thing. For now I'm hoping the writers just want us to expect this slow progress in pretty much every department to come back with some WHAM-Episodes for the end of the season. Well, it's never too let to hope, right?
Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode a lot. I loved the fact, that the friends from the start were all together, I loved Matt in this episode, and somehow I wish there was hope for Elena and Matt to get back together at some point.

I am kind of miffed at Elena being called out on every decision she makes. It's easy for Bonnie to tell her how wrong she was in having Damon use compulsion on Jeremy, but then again, Elena is more like a parent to Jeremy, and parents have to make tough choices. Bonnie has just been seeing the surface of all that has happened to Jeremy, while Elena has went through it all with him. Just in this episode Tyler fatally bit Caroline, Stefan nearly drove Elena over the edge on the same brdge her parents died, but Elena trying to keep her brother alive and safe is the most horrible thing.

I have no idea how they could write Caroline and Klaus as love interests for each other, the Caroline we know would not go there ever.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had more expectations from this episode.
Kinda....disappointing.

Bye bye Jeremy

I loved the intense scene between Caroline/Klaus, I smell trouble there

Stefan is on crazy, he needs to be under control, they have to take drastic measure, he's not himself in the slightest, he's a guy who literally lost EVERYTHING and he'll do anything now because he has nothing to lose anymore. And Damon likes him better because he's a villain now, how convenient

I am not even comment on the DE but I'm curious about how he knew she needed a ride since Stefan had thrown out her cellphone before

Meredith is definitely trouble.

I feel bad for Tyler, he's stuck in an awful place between his love for Caroline and his bond to Klaus.

The birthday/funeral was nice.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)

I am not even comment on the DE but I'm curious about how he knew she needed a ride since Stefan had thrown out her cellphone before
That's the first thing I thought too when Elena said; thanks for picking me up.

The best explanation would be, she walked to a gas station or house and called Damon lol
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loezzzje (View Post)
That's the first thing I thought too when Elena said; thanks for picking me up.

The best explanation would be, she walked to a gas station or house and called Damon lol
Yeah probably.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was kinda meh to be honest. I wasn't expecting much but damn.. way over-hyped. and It was weirdly paced as well.. everything was just all over the place.

Damon is just flawless I didn't think it was possible but i love him even more after this episode DE, DA and DKlaus were the highlights and saving grace of this episode for me

The birthday stuff were cute but it didn't hold my interest. same goes for the apparent "bad ass" Stefan. tuned out for most of that. though i will say i was disappointed with the so called "epic" SE scene, I was expecting ALOT more and when it actually came it was very anti-climatic? It also didn't help that it was a very forgetful scene and it actually kinda did because it was completely over shadowed by Caroline/Klaus 2 seconds later

on to Caroline/Klaus - i will say they do have chemistry.. but im not totally shipping it yet.. well see where this goes

oh and Matt gets an honorable mention loved him in this episode as well

Last edited by Ashley486; 01-13-2012 at 12:42 PM
Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm shipping Klaus/Caroline right now just because of the insane chemistry between Joesph and Candace.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think it is becoming more and more sealed into her head that this isn't the same Stefan he was once before. I still think Elena is delusional and she probably thinks that he can turn back or something, just not as much as she did before. I think this is just yet another moment and point for Elena where she realizes she has to move on, and she keeps on pushing towards that.
Will she completely move on I am not sure she will.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was just kind of so so for me:

Love seeing Damon all happy, ripping out hearts & working w/his brother.

Um so Caroline & Klaus I swear I couldn't really focus on anything else after that scene & I'm still trying to figure it out today! Like seriously what is up there?!?!? I can't quite figure out whether Klaus has an angle or he's genuine in being kind to her. Maybe a little of both. He seemed to really want to help her but OTOH I feel like it was all apart of his plan to gain the sheriff's gratitude while also sticking it to Tyler for his disobedience. Either way I'm very intrigued by them I have to say. I don't know if I want it to be romantic but I like their chemistry. It's especially nice since I never really warmed up to Forwood. I haven't really shipped Caro w/anyone since Matt.

Speaking of... I love Matt & I was happy to see him included in the party & hanging out w/his friends.

Which also brings me to the whole Bonnie/Elena thing I couldn't really cheer Bonnie on for her comment since she herself has played God w/Jeremy's choices by using her magic on him b/c she felt like she was protecting him. She's just as guilty so she seemed a bit hypocritical to me for that. & I'm someone who actually really loved Bonnie/Jeremy till the writers screwed them up. I was happy that they got to say goodbye & that Bonnie seemed to forgive him. I was sad to see my sweet Jer go

I'm just really baffled by Stefan's actions & still don't really understand why he's so obsessed w/Klaus. I really wish Klaus had called his bluff on whether he'd really drive Elena off that bridge b/c I don't really believe he would've. So I really hate that Klaus blinked. As a whole Klaus doesn't really strike me as someone who particularly cares for violence it almost seems like a last resort for him.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Seriously Klaus (and the writers need to bend everything for this character) is taking a show that was fun to watch to something that is convoluted and silly. We're supposed to buy that Caroline breaks up with tyler cause of his bond to Klaus (which is understandable), but now we're supposed to buy her falling for Klaus? Like really? WTH
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the thing that doesn't work in this Klaus vs Stefan war so far is, Klaus really has no reason to play Stefan's game. He is more powerful, has hybrids doing his bidding all over the place, pretty much must know by know the coffins are in Mystic Falls (which is a small town), Stefan actually even came to "visit" so could EASILY get his hands on him (rather than just sit and watch as Stefan posture, make threats, kill his hybrid etc. he could easily snap Stefan’s neck, lock him up for a few days till the vervain is off his system and then compell the info from him!)... And besides, I mean, if Stefan knows Klaus' "weakness", Klaus knows his. Use it! I hope they do something with it soon, for really, I can't buy into the "Stefan has the upper hand because Klaus cares whereas Stefan doesn't, so Klaus is left doing his bidding as he spends yet another episode telling Damon (and whoever will listen) to tell Stefan to give the coffins back" thing.

I really think part of the reason why Klaus is "relatively" holding back –and is rather being civil and calm about it and trying to negotiate- was because he did see Stefan as his friend and wants that friendship back and doesn't want to make things messier than they are. He is also succesfully maneuvering. As he is becoming the town's hero, and appears as the guy who wants to settle thing peacefully and is there to save Caroline's life, Stefan is the one who comes off as the real/worse "villain" in this (as both Stefan and Damon called him), the one who recklessly endangers people, the one who doesn't listen to any offers of peace, the one who is holding a family hostage, the one who "almost" killed/turned his own ex. I think in his "I know his weakness so I can kill him" mind Stefan is underestimating how devious Klaus is and what he may do. I don't know if his victory today is even that much of a victory in the overall picture. Sure he got rid of the hybrids (does that mean Tyler is also leaving), but then who needs hybrids when almost the whole town is pro-Klaus (and never mind the vampires Klaus can create and compell for complete loyalty)?

Another thing that needs to end is Stefan constantly saying "Klaus lost me everything so I need to have my revenge" to explain and justify all his moves. It is about high time he realized he is responsible for what he is doing right now and doesn’t get to blame Klaus and get away with it all -for it does feel he is trying to put the blame on others than look at his own choices. Stefan was not even all "must get revenge on Klaus" before KATHERINE put the thought in his head. He was just running away from the town, no idea what to do, abandoning everyone by his own choice. And he did NOT lose Elena the moment he left town with Klaus, and he knows that very well as she (and Damon) kept looking for him, and trying to get him back. Didn't he actually do things like killing Andie as a "stay away from me, I don't want to come back" message to them all? So, no, they were not "lost" to him then either and he doesn't get to put this on Elena (in any way, if he thinks to do it). IF the idea is, the moment he became Klaus' henchman he decided he was "unworthy" of Elena, too tainted, and so Elena was lost to him forever, also NOT buying it. The things he did under Klaus' orders were not things any worse than what he did as "Ripper Stefan" over the years. Obviously, despite his past, he thought himself worthy of her in the pilot. What's more, it does suggest that for Stefan, the moment he lost all hope of Elena being his girlfriend again, she was not worth much. That it is now OK to force blood on her and almost kill/turn her (in the same place her parents' died, no less!) because, hey, Stefan lost her, becaue of the big bad Klaus and if Stefan is not going to have her, it is fair game to traumatize her and use her as his pawn as he pleases for his big "revenge" game!

I think it is interesting that he doesn't answer when she asks what he'd do if Klaus didn't cave in on his idea that Stefan loved Elena too much to do her any harm and backed down. He doesn't answer the question, rather holding onto "but he backed down". I think given how it took Stefan some time to slow down even after Klaus said "he won" and how he seems to be very out of control lately (underlined a few times by his actions this episode alone) and his general mind state, he doesn't really know the answer to that. He doesn't know if he would have been able to stop before it was too late or not. And I think realizing THAT about himself, seeing how far gone he really is, may make Stefan start to "want" to get more control in.

I really wanted "Elena's breakdown" scene to focus more on her rather than become all about Stefan. I was waiting to be all teary eyed for Elena and anticipating a great scene from Nina but even though she did a great job, it was cut too short so couldn’t have the impact I expected . I always anticipate Elena to snap/breakdown at some point with all that has happened to her but she is holding on strong and that “funeral” scene for Old Elena felt like she is determined to move on and look to the future, rather than the past. So maybe we'll never have such a scene...

I do like that when Damon and Stefan was heading to the Witches' House, it was Damon who noticed something was off and there was an intruder. He normally is one to notice things and seems more alert anyway but I think it also underlined of the two, he is the one who is more alert right now while Stefan is focused on one thing and one thing only -his revenge on Klaus- and so fails to see a big picture, notice the details etc. I think later on when Stefan went in to a Founder’s Council meeting –of all things- to start beheading hybrids it was another sign he was acting without really thinking things through and was out of control. I'm glad that the moment Stefan was all "I'll kill hybrids" Damon "reminded" him of Elena. Stefan may forget about Elena -both her feelings and her "part" in hybrid making- in all of this, but Damon won't. It again was a moment that showed Stefan has only one thing in mind, and thinks about nothing else.

It is interesting how Damon is stuck playing the negotiator between Stefan-Klaus and Stefan-town and EVERYONE comes to him to tell him to control his little brother. And yes, he may have a shortlist of people he loves and wants to protect but he does have them and I am glad that he got to have scenes with both Liz and Alaric this episode and they were all "buddies".

I'm glad Elena called Damon to come pick her up, and love the scene where he brought her home and they had their talk on "the kiss" (by the way, love happy Damon was at the beginning of the episode and how sexually frustrated Elena obviously was and how she couldn't even sleep! hee!)
Quote:
Elena: You can't kiss me again.
Damon: I know.
Elena: I can't. It's not right.
Damon: It's right, it's just not right now.
Great exchange, right there. I am so happy to hear Damon feels it is right, but the timing isn't right. It means he DOES finally see himself "worthy" of Elena and thinks they could totally be together but doesn't feel the timing is right because Elena is "just" out of the relationship with Stefan and has A LOT going in her life and needs time to sort things out regarding Damon and he wants her to have that time, no pressures. HE knows where he stands, but they also need to give her time to find out where SHE stands and be sure about it all. Besides, I think they (at least Damon) kind of need Stefan to go back to his normal self before they can "really" become a couple so that there is no guilt, and no doubt. He WAS just stealing a moment in the previous episode, but he is not going to make moves and pressure for more right now. Love it!

One thing I love about Damon is he never badmouths Stefan to Elena. I think part of it does come from his own feelings of inferiority and how he is used to their roles "good brother" is Stefan and "bad brother" is Damon -even when they were human- but most of it is how he just doesn't have it in himself to do so. Just not in his character. We know there were a lot of secrets and lies (of Stefan) he could have revealed to Elena even in S1 but he kept his mouth shut about them. And right now, Stefan is giving him A LOT of material he could use to make Elena think the worst of Stefan, to press things forward so she'll hate him more and all that but instead we see him letting her know his brother still has his humanity and defending his actions to her. I think the fact Damon tried to bring Stefan back to Elena, and did not try to harm their relationship further by taking advantage of the situation right now and trying to make Elena see him as the "better, superior" brother will in the end "win" him lots of points with Elena naturally. It also means whatever is happening with Stefan/Elena relationship, is happening on its own and not with Damon's influence and manipulation. Which is also good for Damon/Stefan relationship.

And Damon being called in for the regular murder too! Like, what is he, the resident Sherlock Holmes now? Do they call him for each and every homicide be it supernatural and human? Given how inefficient Mystic Falls Sheriff department (Liz excluded as I love her lol) and Founders Council are it probably is a good choice but still...

Tyler and Caroline. I felt sorry for both. I do like them together but doesn't look like they can make it work until Klaus is dead.

Poor Caroline seems to always be the victim and among the first targeted whenever there is a revenge thing going on. Katherine turned her out of spite and to send a message and now Klaus got his hands on her. I have to admit I DID like his pep-talk to her, though. It is about high time we had one vampire/hybrid point out the "perks" of vampirism and how it is not the most horrible thing ever... I get how vampires can get "moody" from time to time and all emotional but I also love seeing them enjoy "life".

Tyler, I felt for him a lot this episode. Him "breaking up" with Caroline because even though he wants to, it is not within his power to put her first, due to being sired was noble. And then how proud of himself he was when he was able to turn down Klaus' order to bite Caroline and thought it meant he could put her first and rushed back to her only to find out being "sired" is sneakier and stronger than compelled and he ended up biting her without even knowing about it. From the way Matt opened the door to Klaus, it seems to me they all know the reason Tyler bit Caroline was because of Klaus (and Klaus wasn't denying it himself) so I think Caroline doesn't have a wrong idea about it, but still, it just proves Tyler is too dangerous and is basically worse than a slave (as a slave still has free will, Tyler's made to act without his control).

Klaus and Caroline, I was guessing the girl Klaus took an interest in would be Caroline and I think he IS lonely and wants some love and may dig Caroline but I think it is mostly about getting back at Tyler, more than anything, for disobeying him. He may also see a bit of Rebekah in her and so be fond of her. I think the writers and Joseph Morgan are doing a good job in “humanizing” Klaus, where one part of me wants Klaus to die and yet another part of me wishes the little psycho his happy ending as you do get the feeling he has lived a thousand years dreaming of this moment: the moment where he'd get rid of the big bad father and then go back home to live with his sibling a happy life ever after. But, they do risk overdoing it. They have softened him too much right now, and he doesn’t come off as particularly devious –like all his evilness and invincibility and scheming went away when Mikael died- though part of me things it is all a ruse and he will strike back in a major way soon and is “only” playing low for the time being, biding his time.
I believe Klaus said he never had to go through the werewolf transformation more than twice. Assuming one is when he went through it during the ritual recently, which one is the other one? I know "killng" triggers the werewolf bit, but Klaus' first kill was when he was already a vampire so he was automatically a hybrid once the "werewolf" bit kicked in and would have control over the transformation, wouldn't he? So he wouldn't "have to" do it at all, even back then. So did he "wolf out" once out of curiosity.

Wonder if Jeremy is clued in on being compelled due to Bonnie's speech? Last episode I wasn't sure if he was compelled or not. This episode, I'm thinking even if he was, Bonnie made him aware of it. It is not as if he doesn't know what it is like to be compelled and he does remember all about vampires and Klaus. When Bonnie told him he said exactly what Elena said, I think he was onto something...

I'd have thought, Bonnie, who raised Jeremy back from the death (and caused him to be haunted by ghosts as a result) and on occasion put him to sleep (and locked Alaric up) so he wouldn’t be in danger, would have been more sympathetic to Elena's fear of losing her brother and her wish to do anything to save his life... But I don’t think it is going to create a big riff between the two, both said their minds on it and moved on, I think… Maybe once she thought about it, Bonnie did see Elena’s POW and that was the silent glances shared as they send Jeremy off and Bonnie said nothing about it…

Matt was good this episode, a real good friend. Oh Elena, why would your parents be disappointed in you for all the mess that keeps finding you. You didn't ask for any of it and didn't do anything to cause it. If she is thinking about the "falling in love with the vampires" bit and how her parents wouldn't approve, can't say much on that. They probably wouldn't, on principle... But then, her being the doppelganger kind of lowers down the number of her suitable suitors, I guess...

I noticed the crypt they had the creepy birthday/funeral for Caroline was one for Fell family. And they just brought in Meredith Fell who is a stranger and might be a bit on the psycho, ex-boyfriend-murdering side. Feels like Fell family may come into the spotlight a bit, now. They are the one founding family we heard about from time to time but never get to see much off but I do generally have a bad feel about them due to all we got so far -and Meredith isn't helping. Jenna didn't seem to like them and Damon seemed to agree (and these Founding Families all seem to have passed on their 1860s traits to this generation!) and seeing Logan, who can disagree. Speaking of Meredith, wonder what she'll do when/if she finds out Alaric killed Logan. Hide the stake collection Alaric! I think the fact they used the cliche "Alaric comes to her rescue against a man troubling her" thing speaks trouble as far as I am concerned. Nothing good can come out of such an obvious attempt to jump-start things between him and Meredith.

So, all in all, like the episode. all Damon scenes, loved we got Damon/Alaric -and being normal buddies too!- and Damon/Liz -so missed it and how much do I like it that she was not Team Klaus like Carol was -, loved DE & DS (I kind of like that Damon is keeping Stefan's secret and Stefan does expect him to keep it and seeing them interact and discuss plans even if they are not agreeing on it), loved TC and KC and I loved the "friendship" scenes... Heck, even JB's hug in the end made me go "maybe they can make it work". It does say a lot for the actors that I dislike and find the Stefan vs Klaus thing ridiculous so far -which is like the main story-, and yet end up liking the episode as they manage to do such a good job with their scenes...
Love crime

LOGH

Last edited by Schumiac; 01-13-2012 at 01:03 PM
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Another thing that needs to end is Stefan constantly saying "Klaus lost me everything so I need to have my revenge" to explain and justify all his moves. It is about high time he realized he is responsible for what he is doing right now and doesn’t get to blame Klaus and get away with it all -for it does feel he is trying to put the blame on others than look at his own choices. Stefan was not even all "must get revenge on Klaus" before KATHERINE put the thought in his head. He was just running away from the town, no idea what to do, abandoning everyone by his own choice. And he did NOT lose Elena the moment he left town with Klaus, and he knows that very well as she (and Damon) kept looking for him, and trying to get him back. Didn't he actually do things like killing Andie as a "stay away from me, I don't want to come back" message to them all? So, no, they were not "lost" to him then either and he doesn't get to put this on Elena (in any way, if he thinks to do it). IF the idea is, the moment he became Klaus' henchman he decided he was "unworthy" of Elena, too tainted, and so Elena was lost to him forever, also NOT buying it. The things he did under Klaus' orders were not things any worse than what he did as "Ripper Stefan" over the years. Obviously, despite his past, he thought himself worthy of her in the pilot. What's more, it does suggest that for Stefan, the moment he lost all hope of Elena being his girlfriend again, she was not worth much. That it is now OK to force blood on her and almost kill/turn her (in the same place her parents' died, no less!) because, hey, Stefan lost her, becaue of the big bad Klaus and if Stefan is not going to have her, it is fair game to traumatize her and use her as his pawn as he pleases!
I disagree I think Stefan told her that is because it is true when he made the decision to go after Klaus to some degree he did lose her because she was not included in that so therefore yes he did leave her behind in order to do what he felt was right at the time which was going and I think he does know he is responsible for his actions which is why he said what he said.. He doesn't think he deserves her so yes he is going to continue to push and push her enough where he thinks she will walk away for good because even if he doesn't show it or acts like he thinks he is a point of no redemption so there fore its easier to have Elena hate him for it.

The way you are making it sound like you make it sound like Stefan is not beating himself over this, just because it is not clear on the surface about the things he has done to Elena does not mean he is not aware of it. He knows this which is why he said what he said " I don't care what you think about me anymore Elena is because he is purposely pushing him to hate him and she even called him out on that.

And Also Klaus did cost him everything so yeah he was right in that regard.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think it is becoming more and more sealed into her head that this isn't the same Stefan he was once before. I still think Elena is delusional and she probably thinks that he can turn back or something, just not as much as she did before. I think this is just yet another moment and point for Elena where she realizes she has to move on, and she keeps on pushing towards that.
He will come around again once he figures klause isn't a threat
Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Good episode. I can get into Klaus and Caroline. Looking forward to see what develipes between them.