Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrown (View Post)
I didn't like her on TVD but people told me she's much better on TO(I don't watch it)
I don't like her on TO either.

Ros1
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's floping already. Hayley's got a lot of hate and most people don't care about Cami. Ratings're still good tho
The ratings are good because the show is good. It doesn't heavily focus on romance and is moreso about the war between all the creatures and about the family dynamic with the Mikaelsons. The romance is subtle and minor, the biggest being EH scenes, which is why Hayley hate toned down because 90% of her scenes are with Elijah.

Klaus doesn't have romance but still has subtle scenes with Camille, and due to the incessant compulsion, it is hard to find the two romantic unless you think being compelled into doing his chores and writing his memoirs while he drinks is romantic.

If relationships don't improve with him then they will be obligated to make crossovers since it's kinda hard to have a lead character lack any romance. Flings are fine and I'm open to those but the question is how reactive the fans are.

I think TO carries well with the other storylines so I don't think romance flopping will get it cancelled.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm enjoying The Original's a lot more than TVD aside from the last episode. Here lately it's been lacking, and storylines are getting old and boring. I need something that makes me go Wow! This is actually happening. I'm sure they could step it up, but right now I'm just not seeing it. I'm hoping it gets better, at least for Caroline.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
I'm enjoying The Original's a lot more than TVD aside from the last episode. Here lately it's been lacking, and storylines are getting old and boring. I need something that makes me go Wow! This is actually happening. I'm sure they could step it up, but right now I'm just not seeing it. I'm hoping it gets better, at least for Caroline.
Yeah she has nothing going for her in TVD. Which is why I think they're using her guilt about Klaus in the next three episodes.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinty (View Post)
Hi all! The Klaroline scene has given be so much feeling. I am happy Care admitted to have some kind of feelings for Klaus, I am glad we got to see them kiss but the scene was definately too short. (the scene was soo much better than the Klayley scene since you could see they have feelings and Klaus loves her. The kiss, smiles were so tender and loving. I wouldn't wanna trade it for seeing more flesh like the Klayley scene ever.)

I would have loved a goodbye scene giving us hope for the future, we already knew chances were slim he would come back to MF (with him having obligations in Nola) but I wanted in a way for him to once again express wanting her to come to him in Nola or maybe her giving him a look when saying goodbye that would show she might in the future ask him to show her the world. I did prefer the hope from the 4x23 over this one. (JP's interviews aren't helping)

I quickly made some icons. Might make more later.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...3.gif~original http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...3.gif~original http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...6.gif~original http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...c.gif~original http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...0.gif~original

And love this video.

klaus&caroline | let her go {+5x11}
I love your analysis of the episode.

Icons -- my precious! I hope no one will be using the one that I have chosen when I get to 6000 posts.

That is a great video.

Quote:
I like it when she start calling him Nik in fics but I do want it to only happen when the relationship is well established and they have been together for a long time already.
I feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawako (View Post)
I honestly can't see Klaus being romantic with anyone other than Caro *shrug*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleRenee (View Post)
^^ I'm just hoping they're not trying to open up room for Klaus and Cami. I can't picture him with anyone else, either.
Quote:
I can't see him with anyone else either.
I know people jump ship, a small minority does because they want something canon and leave a ship for a ship that has more chance for that to happen. The majority of fans that switch ships do so because they are bored by the old one, because it has been ruined for them in canon or someone more interesting comes along.
(I liked Forwood at the start untill they became all about the sex. There was no sexual tension, no playfull banter and in comes Klaus)

This does pose a big problem for JP. Those that jump ship because they prefer something that looks like it has more chance to become canon will go and switch to whatever ship she tries but the majority wont.
Why?... Klaus and Caroline haven't been in a relationship yet, and thus havent been ruined by poor writing. In our heads they will always be perfect for eachother and thus they won't bore us and won't make us wanna switch ship. Even if he has chemistry with someone new and this person is interesting, we will always wonder what it would be like with Caroline.

If JP really wants to end Klaroline and wants people to jump ship, all she can do would be having Caroline on TO for a couple of episodes.
She should get them in a relationship and show they aren't good for eachother, bring out the worst in eachother or are plain boring together. The other option would be showing Klaus was never infatuated with her and just wanted her in his bed once. But this would be hard to believe for the shippers...

But JP in what world is them sleeping together any closure and a reason for us to switch ship? All it has done is reinforce the ship. He loves her enough to let her go (for now) and she finally confirmed she cares. And as the cherry on top we got to see they have great sexual chemistry (we already new they had great overall chemistry).

A long post.... I hope I've been making any sense.
I feel the same way. No matter who comes along for her or him, I don't think I will feel that same intense spark that I felt when Klaroline were on-screen together. It's just not gonna happen for me.

@ Inge, I agree with a lot of what you posted here. I especially love the parts in bold.

I don't remember ever jumping ship. Once I feel that connection with a pairing, then I'm in it until the bitter end, even if I'm left with bruises to my shipper heart when the show comes to an end.

That's one of my biggest fears for Klaroline in TO. I'm praying to the gods that Julie doesn't do either of the two steps that you mentioned. I think it would be a huge mistake to sink the Klaroline ship when we still have expectations that a relationship between them is a strong possibility. There are a lot of viewers who are still holding on and watching both shows, hoping that the loyalty will pay off, but let's be honest, we're a powder-keg ready to explode. TPTB won't have a safe place to hide if they do anything to sink this ship without giving them a fair chance.

The possibility of a Klaroline relationship and the open ending we got with 500 Years of Solitude are the two main reasons why I haven't given up on them.

And you made perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora the mermaid (View Post)
The ratings are good because the show is good. It doesn't heavily focus on romance and is moreso about the war between all the creatures and about the family dynamic with the Mikaelsons. The romance is subtle and minor, the biggest being EH scenes, which is why Hayley hate toned down because 90% of her scenes are with Elijah.

Klaus doesn't have romance but still has subtle scenes with Camille, and due to the incessant compulsion, it is hard to find the two romantic unless you think being compelled into doing his chores and writing his memoirs while he drinks is romantic.

If relationships don't improve with him then they will be obligated to make crossovers since it's kinda hard to have a lead character lack any romance. Flings are fine and I'm open to those but the question is how reactive the fans are.

I think TO carries well with the other storylines so I don't think romance flopping will get it cancelled.
I love how the romantic entanglements on TO is subtle. It's a huge reason why I'm enjoying it more than the storylines on TVD right now.

I don't see any sparks between Klaus/Camille, and it has nothing to do with the compulsion.

When TO was picked up, I knew that it just wouldn't make sense for Klaus to be celibate or to save himself for Caroline. I mean, look at him. Does he look like he's gonna suddenly become a monk just because he's not with who he's fallen for? I don't think so, so even though I think my hardcore shipper heart will break a little at seeing him with a random, I would be open to him having flings too. Right now, I just wouldn't buy him having a long-term connection with anyone other than Caroline and I'm saying that as a Klaus fan, not a Klaroline shipper.

I hope they continue the way they've been going. I'm really digging the direction the show is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
Amen! TVD is nearing its end and TO is still getting started, which is why I'm really digging TO more too. I'm only really watching TVD because I wanna see what happens to a few of the characters, especially Caroline.

Last edited by rocky845; 01-27-2014 at 11:51 PM
Old 01-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah she has nothing going for her in TVD. Which is why I think they're using her guilt about Klaus in the next three episodes.
And watch it would be made about Delena somehow you know it will
Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never said I myself see them or Klayley as something romantic. I personally don't watch TO so it's impossible for me to know. I've only got the impression from Plec's interviews that she wouldn't mind making Klamille a couple somewhere in the future. People who watch the show think she' s stealing scenes from Klaroline and obviously tasting the waters with klamille, but they just don't work together due to the lack of chemistry and tons of emotional abuse. Also there are people who ship them or Klayley romantically, but they are very small fandoms comparing to KC, that's why I think if Julie's ever intended to create another love interest for Klaus, she failed miserably at doing it.
You know most of the time I see angry Klaroliners who are bashing and boycotting the show, so it's nice to have a fresh look on TO since I wasn't sure if I should give it a try or not
Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I would be interested in finding out what you think of Klaus/Hayley and Klaus/Camille. Oh, Julie is definitely recycling Klaroline moments and using them for Klaus/Camille. There is a video-maker who posts reaction videos after every episode of both shows, and she has put numerous examples of scenes in her videos that were first used on TVD during a Klaroline moment and then used again on TO for Klayley and Klamille. Personally, I don't see the same spark in either potential Klaus pairing on TO that I immediately saw with Klaroline. I'm just grinning and bearing it the best I can, while at the same time, I'm living in my happy Klaroline bubble. I don't really know how well-received either pairing has been for the fans, since, like I said, I'm in my happy bubble and I'm not paying attention to anything else. =p

That's what we're here for.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
That's what I'm expecting.

I’ve got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better ****
Than any boy you’ll ever meet, sweetie you had me
You know it will always just be me.

"Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Off Her Clothes"
- Panic! at the Disco.

X

Last edited by rocky845; 01-28-2014 at 01:48 AM
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Ugh! The way they've written DE I thought they were trying to end them so why even waste time with that now.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey you guys
Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 AM
Loyal Fan

^

I enjoy watching TO, but TVD has stronger female characters. The lack of romance on the show is fine to an extent, but it isn't wise to go through more than one season without a love interest or at least aHomie-Lover-Friend for the main character.

Ros1
Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellian1 (View Post)
Caroline is her fall-back love for Klaus. She is taking a gamble on other love interests. I do NOT like Haley at all.
Yes. It seems so. They wrote them in and endgame way even though they knew that they were getting a spin off. I still wonder why they would bring up the fact that he loves Caroline in 4x13. He could have still saved her without that.

However we'll see if they can find another popular pairing. I jumped from being a Delena to a Stelena fan and then from being a Forwood fan to a Klaroline fan so it all depends on the writing. It will be weird though to see Klaus being the same way he was with Caroline to somebody else though.

I hardly noticed Haley on TVD because I was a casual viewer for so long and was surprised to see her in the backdoor pilot. Acting wise she's gotten better in TO but I still can't like her because of that backstabbing comment she made to Tyler. If you're going to do something at least own up to it.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

I also think TO is quite entertaining. I like parts of the show but there are some thing that bug me about it too. Stuff I am hoping will improve over time.

Stuf that for me needs to change:
- the baby needs to be gone. Luckily the focus on it isn't a big as I feared but it is still too much for my taste. Also don't want a toddler running around in the show.
- Camille is boring and her supposedly being a threat to Klaus wanting to expose him is laughable.
- While luckily the romance is in the background they are trying way too many couples (and some really failing imho), giving me all kinds of triangle vibes and I am sick of triangles (Marcel/Rebekah/Camille, Klaus/Camille/Hayley, Klaus/Camille/Marcel). I hope they will stick to what works and than immediatly put an end to the other possible ships since I am totally fed up with triangles.
- I don't like Rebekah being a love sick puppy when a guy (even guys that have treated her badly ) just looks at her.
- Klaus needs to stop crying every episode.

Klaus & Caroline Matthew & Mary Hook & Emma 10 & Rose
Castle & Beckett Logan & Veronica Spike & Buffy
Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Those gifs....Oh, my, still can't get over that kiss.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I never said I myself see them or Klayley as something romantic. I personally don't watch TO so it's impossible for me to know. I've only got the impression from Plec's interviews that she wouldn't mind making Klamille a couple somewhere in the future. People who watch the show think she' s stealing scenes from Klaroline and obviously tasting the waters with klamille, but they just don't work together due to the lack of chemistry and tons of emotional abuse. Also there are people who ship them or Klayley romantically, but they are very small fandoms comparing to KC, that's why I think if Julie's ever intended to create another love interest for Klaus, she failed miserably at doing it.
You know most of the time I see angry Klaroliners who are bashing and boycotting the show, so it's nice to have a fresh look on TO since I wasn't sure if I should give it a try or not
I think you should be your own judge since I watch the show and personally think they are overreacting. I didn't see any recycling of klaroline, it's just that since Cami has a psych degree she feels arrogant enough to analyze literally everyone on the show, mainly Klaus since he compels her to do the dumbest things and compelled her to forget about her brothers death, but what was gross is that he thought he was doing her a favor. So IMO, the writing intended to make them a dark twisted ship but it flopped and instead viewers were just annoyed with the abuse and bored with Cami.

Inge...there isn't any triangles with Klaus, in fact I don't think any of those are triangles. Cami and Bekah don't fight over Marcel, and he jumped to Bekah pretty quickly. Cami was compelled to date him and Klaus just hates Elijah trying to take control of a child that isn't his, making him rudely possessive with Hayley