Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

That's one of my favorite DK videos And that song is perfect for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by delenalove (View Post)
As much as I like Damon/Katherine, there's no way I believe it when Katherine says she was in love with Damon. I believe she might have cared for him, but nothing more.
I REALLY disagree with this. I think the hints have been there all season.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell to pay (View Post)
I REALLY disagree with this. I think the hints have been there all season.
I suppose I just didn't see the hints. From the flashbacks to the way she's treated Damon, it doesn't make sense whatsoever. I do think she cares about him, or at least has grown to over the season, but to me it's always been obvious that she's in love with Stefan and only Stefan.

However I liked their small scene in 2x22, just not when she said she had loved him. So OOC for Katherine.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I've thought she was lying from the very beginning, to be honest. If she ONLY loved Stefan, it wouldn't make sense for her to want both. It wouldn't make sense for her to want to turn Damon. Why bother with him if it was really only just Stefan? It's the way she acts around him too.

I think that Stefan was a challenge for Katherine, and we all know Katherine loves a good game. But DK was the real relationship. Stefan needed to be compelled to drink her blood - Damon did it willingly. Stefan needed to be compelled to stay with her once he found out she was a vampire - Damon didn't.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

I think her words say she loves Stefan but her ACTIONS say she loves Damon. that's just my opinion anyway. Katherine treats Stefan the way Damon treats Elena-saying they care but physically hurting them every chance they get. i get the feeling Katherine actually respects Damon enough not to mess with him.

Damon however is still completely in love with katherine. you can't tell me that his delusions go straight to memories of her but he loves elena? please.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooooh here`s a future title idea I saw in a recap:

'Even when his mind wanders, it still goes back to Katherine'

Or

'I choose you, Katherine'

Seriously, I cant believe there are still people who dont think Damon still loves her. As for Kat loving Damon, she admitted it last week.

'I didnt let love get in the way.'

Somehow I just knew she was talking about Stefan.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
I think her words say she loves Stefan but her ACTIONS say she loves Damon. that's just my opinion anyway. Katherine treats Stefan the way Damon treats Elena-saying they care but physically hurting them every chance they get. i get the feeling Katherine actually respects Damon enough not to mess with him.

Damon however is still completely in love with katherine. you can't tell me that his delusions go straight to memories of her but he loves elena? please.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol. elena was in the dreams of katherine too though, she was the voice of reason, actually. and he was asking for elena. but this isnt really the thread for that. haha.

i do think that part of damon will always love katherine, i just dont think he believes that she loves him. and you cant blame him after the way she's acted.

as far as katherine goes, i do think she loves damon in her own way. but like julie said, it was only to a certain extent. and she loves stefan more. but she loves herself first and foremost.

i cant see that ever changing, honestly.

i do think that the second half of the season, katherine seems to have changed a bit. she seems to care MORE about damon then i think anyone really ever anticipted. but that could be because now that hes not interested in her shes annoyed shes not getting all his attention. IDK.

Katherine is such a mystery. Its hard to tell how she really feels.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes that is very true andra! kat is def hard to figure as far as her feelings towards damon now.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Can you link me to what Julie Plec said?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

The question is: What does love mean to Katherine? Maybe to her lust is love and she uses that word nonchalantly to describe her feelings about Stefan and Damon.

Btw, how did Katherine get in the house? Elena had never invited her in since she took over ownership of the house.

→ angie | ©
Old 05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Also..more future titles

"No one forced me to love her. It was my choice." -Damon
"I choose you Katherine" -Damon

"Even when Damon's mind wanders, it still goes back to Katherine" -Zap2it <-- I love this one, Sam
"I feel so fulfilled knowing that Katherine actually loved Damon." -HollywoodCrush
Old 05-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Elena did die, right? So Kat was able to enter.

Steph, you like the same one that I like! We`re total title twins.
Its not far-fetched that Damon would dream about Elena though is it? I mean he does love her. As for Kat`s feelings changing? Kat is a character, subject to evolutution and change just like the rest of the characters. I wouldnt set her aside because of her past behaviour. She`s still alive for SOME reason.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

of course Katherine is not good at pure, selfless love. but she does do possessive love, so it didn't surprise me one bit that she wanted to keep her favourite puppy dog alive
hardly able to express it for the weakness, but it did bring Damon great satisfaction that she came cause a little love he had been craving showed through.

Last edited by wickedrum; 05-15-2011 at 11:04 AM
Old 05-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh jeez, i dont have a link to the interview. but its sthe post 2x22 finale one. i would just try searching google for it? it was all over tumblr.

well yes damon loves elena, which is why he dreampt of her too. but he did love katherine too. and he loved her for A REALLY LONG TIME. so its no surprise that he would think of her right before he died, is it?

i dont think damon is in love with kat anymore, at least, he doesnt think he is. but i dont think his love for her will ever completely diminish. just like stefans love for kat will never completely go away. because it was a big part of their lives. and if kat had ever recipricated feelings for damon, that would have been it for him. but things didnt really go down that way.

i would LOVE for DK to get together sometime, or for kat to return his feelings, but unfortunately, i cant se the writers doing that because that would write kat into a hole. i think they like her too much as the heartless semi villian.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

At least we found out why he returned quickly from the war. Because Katherine asked him to. They were always so much more intimate and had so much more depth. I hope Kat`s confession will dwell in his mind until we see her again.