Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

BloodBrothers [D|S] #19: ASDKLJWRNB SCKJVB DEFAN HUGGED!

Damon & Stefan Appreciation Thread

Fans
1. naturellebella
2. crazycait714
3. xJULESx
4. ~CountryBumpkin~
5. chasing starlight
6. Stay to the Lights
7. ElizaSparrow
8. HappySquared
9. weena
10. TessShipper
11. Nightwish
12. DefineDelicate
13. greeneyeswe3tie
14. light me up
15. Laurababora
16. FunSizeKristy
17. lisagslack14
18. - Nina -
19. silver reflection
20. sethamgal
21. natural_disaster
22. Queen Bee
23. lynnashley
24. Ellie Cameron
25. pruedens_!!
26. Rachel2091
27. rooney20
28. MissDK
29. lakers0604
30. then you must kiss me
31. Scheming Star
32. CubanChica
33. love fades
34. blair4eva
35. Calgaryfan2006
36. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
37. Jamie Choate
38. Ophelia_Grace
39. autumn song
40. Giuly
41. eNVyLove
42. B.Chambers
43. midnightxsunshine
44. breakingdawn_
45.Stephyrose4
46.Teardrop
47.:Kat:
48. tyubi
49.Chasity05
50.acoustichearts
51. charminggirl32
52.Danity Vampyro
53. angelface211
54. Chastidy
55. Pauline<3
56. CarterT
57. ForeverFaraday
58. marian16rox
59. bellagrey13
60. Maraki
61. silver_amelia
62. myys_PL
63. ilovecappie
64. quin611
65. Babss
66. Scheming Star
67. ~*blackXS*~
68. CheEsecAKe&BRUCAS
69. ixluvxchilly
70. AshleyInWonderland
71. ~Endless Summer~
72. buffysmgfan26
73. foxyfreds
74. find something real
75. kfrancis08
76. nileyfan1
77. GrhmLz
78. ~Phoenix~
79. Stella1810
80. kellie101
81. Davis-Scott
82. claudypritz
83. nicky83
84. blg06
85. LittleGreyStargate
86. LostInTime
87. ღally interrupted
88. katღrose
89. antisocial
90. LostInTime
91. michelle1
92. Anique
93. LuCe60
94. 0Vale0
95. Swamy
96. FrenchGirl90210
97. sil_boreanaz
98. Schumiac
99. arakha
100. Zwinky
101. **Alex**
102. NBalways
103. akellov537
104. CrashandBurn9
105. Vintage_Love
106. tee_ph
107. Natesgal55
108. bamonfan01
109. BLCS
110. MTVVJ08
111. standingintherain
112. jessie09
113. Rita1516
114. Butterflygirl
115. LondonTown89
116. babiicakesz
117. Inevitableღ
118. TruLove
119. tsforever
120. Miss-J
121. Pinkalicious
122. shattered jewels
123. ~AIR~
124. LilMouse
125. xDriftAway90x
126. hell to pay
127. Christina_1988
128. Peyt4Luke4eva
129. murphyboy11
130. ssbailey
131. diannaagronlove
132. Meluffy
133. julyhsm
134. ~tammy~
135. delenalove
136. toxicgurl169
137. sweetee
138. covington
139. Sarita234
140. Karma Police
141. sweetbabytooth
142. Brucas <3
143. Seersha
144. Ashley486
145. intoxicated dreamer
146. silvermoongrey
147. SCesare
148. Addiction
149. Air
150. chairdelenaradrian
151. loganandroryforever
152. Clean0002
153. Nilicat
154. LabuanPearl88
155. loezzzje
156. hiddleskittlesღ
157. Lashunda
158. jennajam
159. HaylijahღEndgame
160. DollyJfan4life
161. michelle1
162. Nightslave
163. BelievesInChad&Sophia
164. FireQueen
165. megprescottfan

“The Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other.
At least they know what family means”- Rebekah (3x17)

Stefan S a l v a t o r e
Stefan is a 163-year-old vampire and the youngest son of Giuseppe Salvatore. As a human, Stefan was compassionate, kind, noble,
intelligent and he had the admiration and respect of the entire town of Mystic Falls and most of all, of his father Giuseppe. Stefan was also a
bit idealistic when it came to love and romance. As a vampire, Stefan's personality became increasingly complex: on the bright side
Stefan is caring, empathetic, compassionate, selfless and brave; on the dark side, Stefan can be incredibly self-destructive, guilt ridden, unpredictable
and judgmental. Since he turned in 1864, Stefan has always had trouble controlling his blood lust, that has often become a major
problem for him throughout the course of his immortal life. (x)

x
Damon S a l v a t o r e
Damon is Stefan’s older brother. As a human, Damon was a very free-spirited young man and held a strong sense of duty as he enrolled in the confederacy.
Damon had also a dark side which came to play when he fell in love with Katherine: whilst initially terrified at the prospect, his love for her made the choice easy and
he willingly drank her blood and conspired with her to kill innocent humans. As a vampire, Damon initially acts arrogant and sarcastic, showing no regard for human
life and using whatever people he can get his hands on as his personal playthings. He is also portrayed as a very impulsive vampire, known for his self-destructive behavior
and his devious, sadistic mind. With Elena influencing him, Damon becomes slightly kinder and proves that he is capable of love, nobility, loyalty, and selflessness,
masking the most intense of his emotions to spare himself from seeming weak, but expressing just enough to draw in a very small circle of friends. (x)

x

"And then they fight. No need to be alarmed, kids. This is how Salvatores say 'I love you' " - Zap2it

T h e i r j o u r n e y . . .

The relationship between Damon and Stefan is complicated and has changed many times during their lives. As humans, they lived at their father’s estate in Mystic Falls and were best friends: Damon taught his little brother how to play football and Stefan defended Damon from their father's accusations and hatred. Things changed with the arrival of Katherine Pierce. Both brothers were smitten with her and a rivalry for her began; they didn't know Katherine had plans for them, intending to turn them both so they could all spend eternity together.

x

The night Katherine was captured by the council as a consequence of Stefan's talk with his father, the brothers tried to save her, but were killed in the process, while Katherine was taken away and apparently burnt in a church. Since Katherine's blood was pouring in their veins, both the Salvatore were turned into vampires. Stefan convinced a broken hearted Damon to drink a woman's blood so they could be together forever, telling him how euphoric the feeling was. After drinking her blood and becoming a vampire, Damon, still upset that Katherine had chosen to turn Stefan as well as himself, promised his brother an eternity full of misery.
From that moment until sometime in 2009, Damon followed Stefan around the world, coming up with new ways to make him miserable.

x

During the years, Damon and Stefan meet some times every now and then and try to fix their relationship, but both in 1912 and in 1942 events stop them from being reunited. In 1912, Stefan's ripper side rises stronger and Damon doesn't do anything to help him; in 1942, Lexie asks Damon to stay away from Stefan so he can heal from his unstoppable hunger without having to deal with his brother's good blood-control too.

x

At the beginning of the series, the brothers seem to hate each other. Damon is keeping his word to make Stefan's life miserable and Stefan sees no redeeming qualities in him. The relationship isn't easy among argues and betrayals but slowly, even thanks to Elena, the brothers start to get closer again, even if the fact that they're both in love with the Gilbert girl causes many bumps in the road and problems too. When, at the end of season2, Damon risks to die because of a werewolf's bite, Stefan doesn't esitate a second to give himself up to Klaus in order to have a cure for his brother. Later, Damon does whatever he can to find Stefan and bring him back to Mystic Falls and later also decides to help him to control his hunger too.

x

Things become more complicated with Elena's death and transition into a vampire, when the contrasts between the brothers rise again and culminate with Stefan and Elena's break up and and her and Damon sleeping together. Only later, after Jeremy's death and Elena switching his humanity off, the brothers get closer again, trying to save the woman they love and find the cure. At the end of the season, Stefan decides to leave town, telling his brother he may not be happy about him and Elena together, but he's happy that Damon is happy.

x

In season5 the paths of the brothers seem to be divided again. Stefan is kept prisoned in a safe at the bottom of the quarries' lake by Silas and this results in a PTSD. Also the witch Tessa takes away his memories for a while too, creating frictions between Stefan and Damon&Elena. On the other side, Damon has to deal with a break up with Elena and his past demons of have been an Augustine vampire, tortured like a laboratory's rat for 5 years, which had caused Damon's betrayal towards his friend Enzo and him switching his humanity off. Finally, in the last episodes, the brothers seem to get closer again, with Stefan supporting his brother and telling him to fight for Elena and admitting he doesn't want to lose the person Damon has become thanks to her.

x

” Whenever you go too far, I will be there to pull you back. Every second, every day, until you don’t need me" - Damon (3x16)

x

"I stopped waiting for him to fail because I liked the person that he had become and I don't want to lose that person" - Stefan (5x13)

Future Titles
Damon: "If you're happy, I'm happy" ; Stefan: "I'm not not happy for you"
"We can do it together. I got your back!" - Damon
"I guess I just needed my brother"- S.(2x08) “Did you ever think that I just need my little brother?"- D. (4x08)
The Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other. At least they know what family means”- Rebekah
"There's nothing a Salvatore hates more than someone else messing with his brother." - Zap2it
"We team up... activate our wonder twin powers!" - Damon
'And then they fight. No need to be alarmed, kids. This is how Salvatores say "I love you."' - Zap2it
"Stefan's been drowning over and over again all summer. Do I need to further elaborate the source of my urgency?" - Damon
"He already has a brother...not to be, you know, territorial or anything." - Damon
"The Salvatores and their unshakable bond." - Klaus
"Where is my brother?" "Where is Stefan?" - Damon 1x17/5x01
" I liked the person that he had become and I don’t want to lose that person" - Stefan
"Whenever you go too far, I will be there to pull you back. Every second, every day, until you don’t need me" - Damon
"You’re all I got" - Damon
Bonnie: "You can’t go in there! Fire will take you out" Stefan: "He’s my brother!"
Damon: "Come to put a stake in my heart?" Stefan: "More like bury the hatchet"

x

~ Ian & Paul ~

"You're gonna be the one to save him from himself. (...) It will be because he loves you." - Elena

Previous Threads:
1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10
11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18

Scene of the moment:

Last edited by LabuanPearl88; 06-19-2015 at 02:10 PM
Old 10-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt
Old 10-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT!

Add me, please?

Old 10-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 10-31-2014, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
TFTNT!

Add me, please?
You're added and you're welcome.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

ty for the new thread love the title

I loved that scene so precious

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 10-31-2014, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I keep watching their scene and it just kills me. Stefan looks so lost, and then he sees Damon and it's like he can't quite believe it, he has to reach out and touch just to make sure that he is real, and then when Stefan cries into Damon's shoulder/neck And I love how Damon slips flawlessly into his big brother role, he just holds Stefan tightly and reassures him that he is back. It really is a poignant scene. It's a shame we had to wait 5 and a bit seasons for it
Old 11-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

The scene was really sweet I have to admit I teared up. Damon trying to crack jokes & Stefan being in disbelief & the hug. So many Defan feels. That scene definitely just reiterated the long belief I've had that this series will end w/those two together no matter what else is going on. They are the true love story of the show.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! It legit took nine million years but a Defan hug happened once again:

Delena is Unbreakable
I bet they haven't hugged since 1864 - I laugh to keep from crying actually because that's sad.

Quote:
It really is a poignant scene.
Definitely one of the best scenes of the show Paul and Ian really brought their A game.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 11-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
TFTNT! It legit took nine million years but a Defan hug happened once again:

No kidding. Ive been waiting on a Defan hug longer than I have shipped most of my ships. Only ones that I can think of that beat 6 years are RoLo and M&M

Do ya'll think Stefan will be the one to tell Damon that Enzo is captured? I mean Stef just spent all this time trying to kill Enzo so I don't see him going out of his way to help him, but Damon might be upset if he doesn't tell him.

Avi by MaybeLove.//Santana

Last edited by rrpdsks; 11-02-2014 at 10:21 AM
Old 11-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey Everyone.

My name is Ashley and I am usually in the Damon and Elena thread.

I finally caught up with the show and as much as I am a Damon and Elena shipper and love those two, the Defan hug is currently on repeat. All Stefan needs is his big brother and that scene made it so clear and evident. I cried and my heart burst for these two. Paul was simply flawless and I am absolutely IN LOVE with their brotherly relationship!!!!!

Love these two!

Last edited by toxicgurl169; 11-02-2014 at 08:13 PM
Old 11-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpdsks (View Post)
No kidding. Ive been waiting on a Defan hug longer than I have shipped most of my ships. Only ones that I can think of that beat 6 years are RoLo and M&M
Same here. Have to say it was worth the wait, though.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

This title is just perfect for my feelings right now

I had to punched myself and re-watched the scene to be sure it actually happened, it was my dream come true I was expecting Stefan's bottle to break the window like Elena's candle in 6x01... and then Damon's hand appeared and I practically jumped off the chair

It was a such a perfect scene, just perfect, Stefan couldn't his own eyes... everything he wanted finally happened and he couldn't believe it And Damon tried to cut the tension with jokes bc it's his way to do this, to face this kind of moments, but deep down he couldn't contain the happiness neither, not just to be alive, but to see his brother again... and then THEY HUGGED!!! THEY HUGGED!!! And I died, it was an emotional moment, they leave this kind of gestures for meaningful moments, they never spend much words in normal situations, but these little moments are so powerfull, you could feel all the happinness, the incredulity, the love they share, it was just perfect
I am the storm"

Anna