Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Doesn't he though? Also that moment where he says "Wow" just goes to prove that it's not that he thought Mercedes wasn't any good, he just thought she should actually put forth some effort and try practicing to become even better. I liked this too.

Quote:
Jesse: Whoever gets the solo is going to have to work day and night. Do you think you're ready for that?
Will: I do.
Jesse: I don't.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 06-01-2011 at 08:32 AM
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Will is such an enabler. He's totally bought into the teacher!canon that students should always be praised, lest their fragile self-esteem be damaged. Jesse, on the other hand, realizes that not everyone is destined for greatness, and they shouldn't be led to believe they're brilliant if they aren't. And, yes, I love him for that.
icon: kankonkine | Ann
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

BTW, Ann, love your new combo.

It's just so funny to me how really the only negative feedback Will ever seems to give to the kids is to Rachel. I feel like Jesse's needed purely for his honesty and his willingness to push ND when they don't want to be pushed. If they're truly going to win a National championship then they need someone like him.

I loved his brutal honesty in Funeral. Plus, it was funny.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
BTW, Ann, love your new combo.

It's just so funny to me how really the only negative feedback Will ever seems to give to the kids is to Rachel. I feel like Jesse's needed purely for his honesty and his willingness to push ND when they don't want to be pushed. If they're truly going to win a National championship then they need someone like him.

Thanks. I finally figured it out!

I suppose Will believes Rachel's strong enough to take it, although that doesn't make it right.

ND definitely needs to be pushed if they're going to succeed at Nationals - assuming the show wants to maintain even a semblance of reality about this. And ITA, his brutal honesty was refreshing and hilarious at the same time. More, please!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

They need Jesse around all season b/c if they're that blasé about losing the one thing they've been working for years for then I don't have much hope for ND when it even comes to sectionals.

I could see Will/Jesse having sort of a good cop/bad cop dynamic with ND if Jesse continued to help the club. Although, if I were him I'd say screw you guys after what happened at Nationals. I just don't think Jesse can do that b/c of how he feels about Rachel though.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8

Not only was it funny, but it was mostly true. They are lazy and they never practice besides ~expressing their feelings~ and i'm glad they didn't win Nationals, cause frankly IMO they didn't deserve it. How can you go to a national competition without any songs ready?! It just blows my mind.

I'm just gonna leave this here

So true
........until the very end.
join & vote Jonathan Groff|Cveti
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

OMG, Cveti, I want to follow his hair. What's with the glasses? Although, I think he looks hot in glasses so...

What I find funny is that none of them could take even the slightest bit of criticism when it came down to it. I know it wasn't a big deal to Jesse to be doling out criticism b/c he was so used to it with Shelby. Maybe not necessarily towards him but his teammates. I mean, according to Shelby, HTH was like watching beige paint dry. Well, except for Jesse and his showface.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Absolute Fan

I´d follow his hair, his tongue, his eyes ... everything !
*Lifesavers#28(Martin/Sam)*Guardian Angel#6(Sydney/Vaughn)*Outlaws#62(Kate/Sawyer)*Jared Padalecki/Sam Winchester Supporter#27*DeanWinchester/Jensen Ackles Supporter#44*Texas Hunters#9(Sam/Dean/J2Supporter)*Mick St.John/Beth Turner Suporter#79*Fallen Angels#36(Sam/Ruby)*JP/GC#6*Traggic Love-Justin/Rebecca shipper*St.Berry Supporter#102*Soulmates LM&JG*SA fan#18*McDanno#34 (Steve/Danny H50 friendship)*Densi Supporter
Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a big fan of his forearms. I love that Jesse always has his sleeves rolled up for that very reason.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

I'd follow his hair on Twitter.

I love how Jonathan says Jesse was mean in Funeral and yet all I can think of is how flawless he was. Jon is just incapable of being rude. If someone doesn't say "Bless you" after a sneeze he probably thinks that's mean.

I love my perfect bb.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
I love how Jonathan says Jesse was mean in Funeral and yet all I can think of is how flawless he was. Jon is just incapable of being rude. If someone doesn't say "Bless you" after a sneeze he probably thinks that's mean.
Jon just has to be one of the nicest people on the planet. After what Jon said in the BTS before the episode aired, I was fully expecting Jesse to be a complete jerk, but he wasn't at all. He's always flawless so I should've known he wouldn't have been anything else.

I wonder what Jon's reaction was after the takes in the auditorium?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What I find funny is that none of them could take even the slightest bit of criticism when it came down to it.
Obviously they can't take criticism because Will never gives them any! He's convinced them all that they're flawless, which is nowhere near the truth. I mean, I couldn't stop laughing when he's telling them all that he thinks they have such a great shot at winning Nationals. Um, he was in Glee. Doesn't he remember that you're supposed to rehearse numbers more than a couple of times before taking to a National stage?

Jesse's honesty is exactly what ND needs if they're to realistically ever have a shot at the title. And I totally agree that he'd come back for Rachel alone. The good cop/bad cop routine could be loads of fun to watch.

Oh, and I would absolutely follow his hair... and his eyes... and his smile... and any other body parts, come to think of it.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

The only thing Will is good at is yelling at Rachel. There's such a thing as positive reinforcement. But spending money and going away to competitions, you have to be borderline serious and make choices. I cheered competitively for 9 years and traveled a hell of a lot of places to compete. If we were told we looked flawless when we really looked like crap we never would have accomplished anything or won anything. Kind of like how ND gets so broken up when they don't win. Probably because they don't care and clearly neither does their director. Not when it matters at least.

Jesse did. Jesse showed more concern for ND's success in 1 episode than I've seen Will show all season. His comment about "whatever we do, we'll do it together" or something at the end of Funeral was an awe-inspiring moment or something and everyone's all friends and lovey dovey again. Yet they went to compete and lost because they don't face the reality of what they are up against. Jesse knew and tried to show them. It would have been nice if Sam and Rachel had actually stuck to what they were saying about listening to Jesse instead of just listening to Will....again.

Ok /end rant.

Now for some pretty on the page.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
Jesse showed more concern for ND's success in 1 episode than I've seen Will show all season. His comment about "whatever we do, we'll do it together" or something at the end of Funeral was an awe-inspiring moment or something and everyone's all friends and lovey dovey again. Yet they went to compete and lost because they don't face the reality of what they are up against. Jesse knew and tried to show them. It would have been nice if Sam and Rachel had actually stuck to what they were saying about listening to Jesse instead of just listening to Will....again.
I think what I have the biggest problem with is the fact that it's fine if you gave something your all and did whatever you could and lost. You know that you did your best but someone else was just better so then I'm fine with ND losing and them being okay with losing a competition. What did not sit well with me was this kumbaya bs that they spout when they half-ass it at a Nationals competition. I really wish Shelby would have become co-director and whipped these kids into shape.

I just get tired of hearing "that's not our style" when ND doesn't want to do something or listen to someone else. And I'll stop right there before I get even more ranty.

Love that art, Britt. AOBTD...
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think what I have the biggest problem with is the fact that it's fine if you gave something your all and did whatever you could and lost. You know that you did your best but someone else was just better so then I'm fine with ND losing and them being okay with losing a competition. What did not sit well with me was this kumbaya bs that they spout when they half-ass it at a Nationals competition. I really wish Shelby would have become co-director and whipped these kids into shape.

I just get tired of hearing "that's not our style" when ND doesn't want to do something or listen to someone else. And I'll stop right there before I get even more ranty.
Their style appears to be do as little preparation as possible, continue to expect to win just because they're the underdogs, take no competition seriously and yet get upset when they lose. Oh, and don't take any criticism or valid advice, because that would crush everyone's fragile self-esteem. As I've said before, they seem to expect everything to come easily to them, and don't appear to want to put in even a fraction of the work necessary to be true contenders.

I think I could join you and Britt in ranting about this for quite some time...