Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think in this situation Rachel's allegiance will mostly lie with Finn. I think she's at that point with Puck where she will be trying to respect him and maybe actively try to be his friend (after the end of last ep), however, this particular truth might be a black mark to Puck's integrity. I don't think she'll shun Puck, but she will definitely be a bit more concerned for FInn over him.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
it's probably best they keep her out of it.
I'm in this camp, too. While I'd love some comforting!Rachel in my shipper heart, and I kind of hope she gets to be that for both Finn and Puck, I hope they leave her out of it all. It could get way messy. Though, this is Glee, so who knows. Lol. Glee defies reality.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

We'll have to see how it's played out. I think she respects both Puck and Finn but we all know how much she cares more for Finn. So, she'll def. have his best interest at heart but I think it is better for her to stay out of it. And let it handle itself.

I don't think Rachel would be rebound girl. It's pretty obvious now how infatuated Rachel and Finn already are with each other. But some time alone before jumping into something with Rachel is a good idea for Finn.

ETA: true. Glee not very realistic.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinslet (View Post)
I think in this situation Rachel's allegiance will mostly lie with Finn. I think she's at that point with Puck where she will be trying to respect him and maybe actively try to be his friend (after the end of last ep), however, this particular truth might be a black mark to Puck's integrity. I don't think she'll shun Puck, but she will definitely be a bit more concerned for FInn over him.
Yeah. I have no doubt she's gonna side with Finn.
But I don't wanna her to be the rebound girl.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eh it totally depends on how they handle Finn and Rachel's relationship from here on out. If they can show them be friends, then if Finn runs to Rachel for support and not for a relationship, then it wouldn't look so much as a rebound thing.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Banned

I think it's a testiment to how poorly written the last few episodes were in regards to the quadrangle when we have to wonder whether or not Rachel is the rebound girl. It's evidence than they didn't write Finn very well in regards to this.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I think it's a testiment to how poorly written the last few episodes were in regards to the quadrangle when we have to wonder whether or not Rachel is the rebound girl. It's evidence than they didn't write Finn very well in regards to this.
I don't question if she's the rebound girl or not. Because she is not. Finn already showered interest in her,before the baby drama.
I just don't wanna tptb to write the aftermath of baby's drama to make her look like a rebound. That's why I expect/hope only friendship when the baby drama will explode,then after a while they can be together.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I think I need to clarify my definition of rebound girl as it concerns Rachel. I think the writers have made it obviously clear that Finn holds Rachel in the highest regards. Even above Quinn. There is no doubt in my mind, that if it were not for Quinn lying about the baby, Finn would dump her and be with Rachel now.

The rebound girl thing is an issue because Rachel will get a heart broken Finn and will have to deal with the drama. So instead of happy Finn, she gets emo Finn. I'm talking more about the situation than Rachel being someone Finn is settling for. It's obvious that Rachel and Finn are the best for each other.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So instead of happy Finn, she gets emo Finn.
And she deserve to have happy Finn.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm talking more about the situation than Rachel being someone Finn is settling for. It's obvious that Rachel and Finn are the best for each other.
*nods* Exactly. No emo!Finn, please. Well, I'll take emo!Finn, just not with Rachel. Lol
Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)
*nods* Exactly. No emo!Finn, please. Well, I'll take emo!Finn, just not with Rachel. Lol
Same here
Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Finally home from classes!

Quote:
I don't think she'll shun Puck, but she will definitely be a bit more concerned for Finn over him.
I agree. I actually don't want her to shun or judge Puck/Quinn (even though I both dislike what they did), because I do think they know what they did was wrong. I just see her being there for Finn more than them. I may be in the minority, but I would actually like to see Rachel/Quinn talk about it or at least Rachel trying to.

Quote:
If they can show them be friends, then if Finn runs to Rachel for support and not for a relationship, then it wouldn't look so much as a rebound thing.
Exactly! Hopefully the writers go that route.

Quote:
And she deserves to have happy Finn.
And I want her too!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm talking more about the situation than Rachel being someone Finn is settling for. It's obvious that Rachel and Finn are the best for each other.
Puck was the one settling, we've seen Finn struggle with his feelings for both girls, if and when FR gets together is because they both want it, not because he can't have Quinn, the show had made this pretty clear.

and if it comes to Rachel picking sides (I dont want her to be involved in this but y'know...) I think it's ovbious she's gonna stand with Finn, they've created a strong firenship and she's seen how much the baby situation has affected him.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
, if and when FR gets together is because they both want it, not because he can't have Quinn
Yeah. And it's what will happen,I'm sure.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)
Well I'll take emo Finn, with Rachel helping him to get out of his funk then she can also have happy Finn after with a better understanding of each other.

I wouldn't want Rachel to judge Puck or Quinn either but I definitely expect some level of disapproval from her. I think it'd be a good struggle fo her because she wants to keep the team together and prove that she can be a friend to all of them but on the other hand the on hurt the most is the person she has the closest personal connection to.