Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Watched this movie for the first time tonight and I kind of liked it. Mr. MacAllister had some issues, that's for sure. It was strange to think how this movie came about 10 years after Ferris Bueller's Day off. Matthew's character kind of reminded me of the principal from that movie.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION:

• New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised and approved by cowriter-director Alexander Payne, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
• Audio commentary from 2008 featuring Payne
• New interview with Payne
• New interview with actor Reese Witherspoon
• The Passion of Martin, Payne’s 1991 UCLA senior thesis film
• TruInside: “Election,” a 2016 documentary featuring on-set footage and interviews with cast and crew
• Omaha local-news reports on the film’s production
• More!
• PLUS: An essay by critic Dana Stevens
Election - The Criterion Collection

Quote:
A @reesewitherspoon & Alexander Payne reunion for our upcoming release of ELECTION!
LightYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Election" is included. Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...nbfcL#image=33
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Watched this movie for the first time tonight and I kind of liked it. Mr. MacAllister had some issues, that's for sure. It was strange to think how this movie came about 10 years after Ferris Bueller's Day off. Matthew's character kind of reminded me of the principal from that movie.
yeah I can see that

currently watching for the first time
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

This was a good movie.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Favorite Scenes?
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Election" is included. Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...nb2gh#image=15
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 05-08-2021, 11:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

I admitted that I never saw this movie..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

29 Best Movies Based on Books That Are Actually Worth Watching
20. Election (1999)
The book: Election by Tom Perrotta
This dark comedy about the ruthlessness of politicians features a breakout performance from a young Reese Witherspoon and taught a generation to recognize the Tracy Flicks in their lives. It's become a catchword often hurled unfairly at women with ambition, but it also accurately describes the kind of earnest yet hollow striving we see in so many people, no matter their gender, today.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...dgdhp#image=21
Old 05-21-2021, 10:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All class: The 25 most iconic high school movies
"Election" (1999)
Mud-slinging campaign tactics get applied to a high school presidential election in Alexander Payne’s darkly funny adaptation of Tom Perrotta’s satiric novel. Between Reese Witherspoon’s nakedly ambitious Tracy Flick and Matthew Broderick’s vindictive Jim McAllister, it’s hard to find a rooting interest – which is, of course, the point. Even at this level, politics is a dehumanizing profession that brings out the worst in individuals, regardless of their intentions.
Here's the link,
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...CloRQ#image=16
Old 05-27-2021, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks!
Old 07-01-2021, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Best Fall Movies to Cuddle Up With
Election
Back to school season means new notebooks, classes—and elections. Tracy Flick (Reese Witherspoon) was born to run, and will do whatever it takes to win. Her teacher, Jim McAllister (Matthew Broderick), attempts to thwart her path. Election is a portrait of an ambitious woman in her teenage form.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new..._xqHA#image=17
Old 07-03-2021, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

15 Nostalgic ’90s Movies To Watch On Netflix Right Now
Election
Released the same year as Cruel Intentions, Election showcased Reese Witherspoon as Type-A student and high school presidential hopeful Tracy Flick. Flick’s win-at-all-costs attitude humorously rubs government teacher Jim McAllister (expertly played by Matthew Broderick) the wrong way. Alexander Payne’s black comedy both displays Witherspoon’s masterful wit (she was 22 when she played Flick) and American Pie’s Chris Klein in his first movie starring role. Election received an Oscar nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay and multiple Independent Spirit Awards. Witherspoon herself earned a Golden Globe nomination for best actress.
Here's the link, https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/90s-movies-netflix
Reply   Post New Thread