Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2021, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Election" is included. Here's the link, https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/65-b...WluuMV3Es0UgE9
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 90s Comedy Movies That Deserved Sequels
Election (1999)
Election is essentially about a man who stretches the little bit of power he has as far as he can. But at the same time, he’s scared of teenage girl Tracy, simply because she’s intellectual and challenges him. If the movie was released today, it would have had enormous amounts of attention, but it was sadly overlooked and bombed when it was first released.

However, it could have still had a great sequel by following Tracy now graduated from Omaha High School and studying at Georgetown University. The movie would have thrown brand new challenges at Tracy in a university setting and depicting how she deals with it in her hilarious cutthroat nature.
Here's the link, https://screenrant.com/ten-nineties-...HZPhdqC8A6taGE
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 09-05-2021, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Back to school: Our 25 favorite class comedies
"Election" (1999)
What if you were a teacher, and there was a student you just couldn’t stand? That’s basically the instigating point of Alexander Payne’s dark comedy “Election.” Reese Witherspoon’s Tracy Flick is extremely Type A and is determined to be class president. Only Matthew Broderick’s teacher can stop her reign of terror. It’s not as funny as some other comedies, but it has bite.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...KOzdGg#image=9
Old 08-30-2022, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The 25 Best Back-to-School Movies, From 'Mean Girls' to 'The Breakfast Club'
Election
Oscar-winning writer/director Alexander Payne adapted and directed Election, an Oscar-nominated 1999 high school dramedy based on Tom Perrotta's 1998 novel. The book's premise, and that of the movie that followed after, was a darkly comedic take on a high school teacher's attempts to sabotage the presidential campaign of an ambitious, manipulative student, aiming to take her down a notch or two. Reese Witherspoon played the scheming student Tracy Flick to great effect opposite Matthew Broderick's out-matched history teacher, Jim McAlister.

While Election obviously focused on high school politics surrounding the campaign for class presidency, the story also dipped into inappropriate sexual relationships between teachers and students, reputations (perceived and otherwise) of both the faculty and the student body, and adolescent ambitions, whether sexual, political or academic in nature. The lessons Election attempts to teach us are frustratingly realistic and apt; the characters who get everything they've always wanted find they're still lacking a sense of fulfillment, those who lack ambition stumble into an easy life of leisure and happiness, and the ones who try to control a situation that's beyond their grasp end up losing control of everything altogether. Don't expect any happy endings in this one.
Here's the link, https://collider.com/25-best-back-to-school-movies/
Old 12-08-2022, 12:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Reese Witherspoon to Star in Election Sequel Movie at Paramount+
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow

Thanks
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't really think that this movie needed a sequel, just my opinion.
Old 12-16-2022, 09:53 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I guess it's too show what Tracy is doing now and if she's still the same, but I still agree. They are literally latching onto any movie from the 90's to make a desperate sequel 20+ years later. Stop this laziness!
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I guess it's too show what Tracy is doing now and if she's still the same, but I still agree. They are literally latching onto any movie from the 90's to make a desperate sequel 20+ years later. Stop this laziness!
I agree, did we really need Hollywood to remake "She's All That?" Music and movies and the people who were making movies and music were more creative during the 90's which was part of what made the 90's special in my opinion.
Old 12-18-2022, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually watched He’s All That last year and it was pretty decent

But overall I agree
Old 12-18-2022, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I actually watched He’s All That last year and it was pretty decent

But overall I agree
I didn't think remaking "She's All That" was needed and but, I did think "Mighty Ducks Game Changers" did a great job of paying homage to the past while adding its own storylines. I didn't care for "He's All That."
Old 12-20-2022, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fuller House is the only reboot of a 90s shows/movie I’ve really been truly satisfied with
Old 12-21-2022, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Fuller House is the only reboot of a 90s shows/movie I’ve really been truly satisfied with
I like the "Ghostwriter" reboot on Apple T.V. as well.
Old 12-21-2022, 12:45 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

The only reboot I liked that comes to mind was the "All That" reboot. It was funnier than I thought it would be, but of course they just took it off out of nowhere and never even said anything, or gave an explanation for it.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

17 Best Teen Comedy Movies of 1999 — the Greatest Year for Adolescent Comedies
“Election”
A high school comedy for MTV Films might seem like an unlikely fit for erudite satirist Alexander Payne, but in Tom Perrotta’s novel about a corrupted student government race, Payne found the ideal framework to comment on American politics at the end of the millennium. Just as Paul Brickman turned the teen sex comedy into a delivery system for a radical dissection of Reagan-era capitalism in “Risky Business” in 1983, Payne found in Tracy Flick a metaphor for feminist ambition and the cultural backlash against it — a backlash ironically encapsulated in many of the commentaries on the film, which cast Reese Witherspoon’s Flick as a soulless shrew reminiscent of a certain First Lady. Viewed today, Flick still works as a Hillary Clinton stand-in, but her anguish as she runs for office against a hopelessly unqualified moron has become more pointed and relatable. Justice for Tracy Flick at last!
Here's the link, https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/be...msdvabl-ec012/
Reply   Post New Thread