Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2019, 08:58 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Wide Awake" (17.05) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 22nd @ 8PM)

NCIS 17.05 - "Wide Awake"
Original Airdate: October 22, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
NCIS investigates Marine Corporal Laney Alimonte after evidence suggests she murdered
her neighbor while being treated for insomnia by a hypnotherapist. Also, Gibbs befriends
his new neighbors after the 9-year-old’s baseball crashes through his window.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Sounds like an interesting episode. I can already feel that it's going to be a spooky-Halloween episode... As usual
Old 10-19-2019, 05:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Early Halloween ep. Pity there's no new ep next week as then they could've had Halloween a few days before Halloween. Still nice that they'll have a Halloween ep though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-19-2019, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread
Old 10-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

case sounds interesting
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The case was interesting.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This wasn't really a Halloween episode... at least I don't remember anything Halloween-y about it. Ok, well maybe the Crows.

Interesting case That's horrible that guy took advantage of Laney like that though and used her to 'help' murder the crow guy.

Funny when Torres was the one hypnotized I'd like to know what was in the letter

And very nice that Gibbs helped the boy across the street with his baseball practice.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Agreed! It didn't feel like a Halloween episode at all...

Loved the episode! The case was interesting, I was surprised by the spin of events...

Torres was hilarious! He was the one "pranked" for once Would love to see the letter too...

Loved Gibbs helping out the new neighbours!

Also Kasie did well by going over & beyond with the gun... If not for her Palmer wouldn't have gone back to check the woman's medical files...

Edited: Bishop also asked about Emily's case. Gibbs said that Fornell "gave" the case to ATF... I wonder if we'll meet the Canadian drug cartel later on or not...

Last edited by florerr; 10-25-2019 at 01:18 PM
florerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

What a lovely episode. Glad that Laney was able to get general discharge at the end so she can get proper medical help.

Loved the callback to when McGee was hypnotised that one time all those years ago for a case. Torres was hilarious, I love how he was the one who got hypnotised.

Gibbs helping out his new neighbours was nice, I liked how the boy was so sweet and gave him his own lunch money to pay for accidentally breaking Gibbs' window. And then Gibbs buying him proper baseball gloves, such a sweet ending.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Edited: Bishop also asked about Emily's case. Gibbs said that Fornell "gave" the case to ATF... I wonder if we'll meet the Canadian drug cartel later on or not...
I dunno, but it would be interesting if we did.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

The ep had so many great moments in overall!

Even if we don't "meet" the Canadian cartel, it was nice from the writers to include something about Emily's case... I mean the season premiere was completely focused on Ziva being back without giving any info about the "Fornell-case"
Old 11-11-2019, 02:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Gibbs of course reacts with his gun to the smash sound. Poor kid was probably worried he'll get in trouble for it. Love how he says he'll buy Gibbs a new window

The poor woman thinking she'd slept through the night & then being faced with evidence making her doubt that

Hypnotised to kill sounds scary

Funny how Torres got hypnotised instead of Ellie

Ellie clearly had no problem stealing Torres lollypop

Why couldn't we get to see Torres doing things under hypnosis?

'Facegram' & 'interchat' That's close Gibbs...

That's really good that Kasie & Palmer looked back over things & saw that she'd been framed

The guy who did it - how awful of him to frame another patient like that

Not surprised Gibbs helped out his neighbour but still wonderful to see

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2019, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Loved how Ellie stole the lollipop from him...

Gibbs is getting tech-savy... And he also became a sort of influencer by the end of the ep...