Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 03:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "The San Dominick" (12.05) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 21st @ 8PM)

NCIS 12.05 - "The San Dominick"
Original Airdate: October 21, 2014 @ 8PM

Episode Summary
Gibbs spots a dead man in the water during a joint Coast Guard and NCIS training exercise at
sea. The investigation reveals the man is a missing crew member from a ship 60 nautical miles
away. Upon boarding the ship for questioning, Gibbs discovers the vessel has been
commandeered by pirates.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread! So glad we will see Agent Borin again!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You're welcome for the threads . That's what I'm excited about too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-20-2014, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread. Looks good so far again. Love to see borin again too. Hope the ep is still available somewhere when i come back in about two weeks.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode!

So much I liked.

Abby calling McGee 'McGibbs'

The bad guys don't know what they are getting themselves into when they take Gibbs hostage

Gibbs is so sneaky diffusing the bomb and all.

Am I the only one that thinks that Tony and Borin should start something?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Darn it all. My DVR missed the Tuesday episode so I need to wait until tonight to watch it. That being said, Though I always though Borin should be Gibb Wife #5, I would not at all be opposed to her being with DiNozzo. That might be better though. Gibbs and Borin are too much alike. I like her better than that Pendergast chick for sure.

I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on the episode.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 10-23-2014 at 04:24 AM
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot that Borin was in the episode until the promo before the episode when I realised she was not shown in it . What I did not know was that Jim Beaver was going to be in it. Supernatural and SVU at the same time, I cannot stop laughing while watching.. My mind is a very strange place tonight. It does not help that his character reminds me a little bit of his character on Supernatural.

I wish that Borin was in the show more often. "I will take Monopoly money." I love her lines.. she is awesome without it being Diane Neal. Very few people can get away with hitting Gibbs. I love her hair, it was disappointing when she was wearing a hat.

Quote:
The bad guys don't know what they are getting themselves into when they take Gibbs hostage
Hopefully they never learn.

The 'McGibbs' scenes are cute. It is a shame Tony is not there to see it since I believe McGee has made comments to him turning into Gibbs without Gibbs being there. McGee should have his own rules (or does he already?).

What happened to Dorneget? He was mentioned in the episode so clearly he exists in the universe but I wonder where he is and what his role is.. Is the actor doing something else which is why we do not see him?

Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Tony and Borin should start something?
That could be interesting, they have good chemistry in their scenes and they have had quite a bit of scenes together too to see that.. but then it could be like he was dating Gibbs. It is probably a pairing which would be perfect for Tony or would end in disaster as he would annoy her too much. But she could just headslap him each time he got annoying. Do you believe Gibbs would approve of a relationship or is she too much a part of the team since they have worked together quite a few times now?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

This was a great episode. Gibbs standing up to take the young woman's place was very HIM. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the camera work, but I thought that scene was well shot. Anyway lots to say, not to much time. So let me just say,

GO TEAM
Old 10-29-2014, 02:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I remember reading that Jim Beaver was going to be in NCIS but couldn't have told you what episode or even if I knew that. I kinda predicted he'd be a bad guy from the start

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunted skies (View Post)
I wish that Borin was in the show more often. "I will take Monopoly money." I love her lines.. she is awesome without it being Diane Neal. Very few people can get away with hitting Gibbs. I love her hair, it was disappointing when she was wearing a hat.
If you'd post more I wish for that too (I wish it anyway, just teasing). She does have some great lines & her character works well with the others. Even with Ellie it seems. Forgot that this was their first meeting at first

Agreed about her hitting Gibbs . Tony knew better, but I think from his reaction he is lucky he didn't get a headslap

I doubt the bad guys will ever learn that Gibbs is just the best & shouldn't be messed with or taken hostage. Loved how he was using the bomb to get one of the guys to lower his weapon & tricking Borin & Tony when he'd really already diffusing it

I can't think of anything to add which hasn't already been covered

Quote:
It is a shame Tony is not there to see it since I believe McGee has made comments to him turning into Gibbs without Gibbs being there.
I think so. I can remember McGee & Ziva getting annoyed with Tony turning into Gibbs when Gibbs wasn't there . McGibbs was awesome (love how Gibbs heard about Rule 70 & that was the only thing he questioned at the end ). It is about time that McGee could step up into the leader role & into Gibbs' shoes like Tony already does

I always liked Gibbs & Borin but Tony & Borin could be interesting too. Gibbs & Borin are too similar that they'd probably never see each other (which could be the perfect relationship). Then Tony has been around Gibbs so long so dating Borin would probably be something he'd be used to & could handle

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunted skies (View Post)
What happened to Dorneget?
It would be nice to see Dorneget again. I think the actor who plays him is on another TV show now so that's why we don't see him.

Quote:
That could be interesting, they have good chemistry in their scenes and they have had quite a bit of scenes together too to see that.. but then it could be like he was dating Gibbs. It is probably a pairing which would be perfect for Tony or would end in disaster as he would annoy her too much. But she could just headslap him each time he got annoying. Do you believe Gibbs would approve of a relationship or is she too much a part of the team since they have worked together quite a few times now?
So true about it being like he is dating Gibbs. Didn't thin of that obviously. And agree about everything else you said
Old 11-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

good episode
Thought at first the petty-officer was with the pirates.
Mcgee and tony always fighting about taking point now tony told him “he (mcgee ) is the boss and mcgee said: “who, me”?
Nice to hear about dorneget again. I wonder if he will ever appear again. It’s been awhile and he must have learned something too, can’t be as green anymore…..
Abby calling mcgee „mcgibbs“
Might be an “abigail thing” being allowed to hit/slap gibbs.
Gibbs disarming the bomb without telling anyone and tony saying: “next time you better give us a heads-up because I packed no diapers.”
Loved agent borin, telling tony: “You will be my solid number three” - it was funny.
Tony telling mcgee he will be a good boss someday, Mcgee sitting in gibbs’ chair after that and gibbs sneaking up behind him…

Last edited by nuwanda; 11-03-2014 at 08:55 PM
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Loved agent borin, telling tony: “You will be my solid number three” - it was funny.
Yeah I loved that part too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Liked the training that Bishop did on the cruiser. Her mistake(in my eyes) was moving closer to bandit number 1(Gibbs) when he wouldn't put up his hands. Then bandit number 2 grabbed her. Was it Tony? Liked Tim in charge. Tim channeled his McGibbs. Loved him in Gibbs chair at end, and Gibbs asking about Rule 70. Thought maybe with only Tim and Bishop at HQ to investigate that Vance would have Agent Ned Dorneget help out. Also liked that Tony and Tim try to help Bishop learn and also learn about Gibbs. Her checking Star Trek 2 was cool.

I like both US Coast Guard Special Agent Abigail Borin and Army Lt. Col. Hollis Mann. Borin to date Tony, and Mann for Gibbs, lol. Borin telling Tony if he came and worked with her he'd be her solid number 3, lol.

The story line kind of confused me after that. So the drown pirate(Ernesto Verlando(sp?) that Gibbs spotted floating was the head of a team of,"Evil Boy Band", Reynaldo Aranda, Jaime Riberio, Luis Pericra, Gustavo Oliveria, and maybe 2 others? They tortured Ship Captain Tom O'Rourke and head of Security, and ex Marine, Joe Willis. Willis dies and O'Rourke gives in and decides to help them steal the Mafia money that is in one of the containers on the ship. They get out to sea, and Captain O'Rourke decides to stop Ernesto and steal the money on his own. The radio wire is cut and the Captain is stabbed. During this Ernesto is drown in the toilet and thrown over board by the Captain. He steals the money, and plants a bomb on the container thinking he can escape with the money and let the Pirates take the blame. Wounded Captain is transferred to the Naval ship. I should have known something was a miss when the Captain asked Tony about tobacco. So where did he hide the money, and how did he figure to escape? Did Arnada know about the money being gone? He didn't know about the bomb. Then unbeknownst to anyone Gibbs pulls the detonator out of bomb and lets it run down. Tony scared and wet himself LOL. Liked Tony's diaper anthology. So was the ransom money a later thought to get extra money or was that all his? How did he think they would escape? Someone coming to pick them up I guess. Gibbs thought they would not show. Or was it only O'Rourke and Ernesto that knew about the Mafia Cash? With Willis and Ernesto dead, it would have only been O'Rourke.

I thought when Gibbs, Petty Officer Patricia Felton and 1st Mate James Myers was being held by Pirate Reynaldo Aranda, that Myers would stand up if Gibbs got the upper hand and be in on it."Do you want to take her place?" asked Reynaldo to Myers."I do!" said Gibbs. I figured that when Gibbs took Felton's place to be sacrificed, that he would some how get away or get the upper hand. With Aranda bumping Gibbs into the wall as they walked, and had a gun on Gibbs and a radio to his hand listening to Tony tell him how pushy and bad Gibbs was it was only a matter of time before Gibbs got the upper hand. So the scuffle and gunshot made Tony worry, but Gibbs finally said he was ok. Then we see Jaime had Felton. I had hoped she wouldn't be killed
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

"I doubt the bad guys will ever learn that Gibbs is just the best & shouldn't be messed with or taken hostage."

So true, Chelle.

Now, as far as McGee stepping into Gibbs' shoes on occasion, I think they're working on that. I see it happening gradually. Wasn't there an episode recently when Gibbs asked McGee to "take point"? Something happened and they agreed to BOTH take point ... I don't know how that works exactly, but whatever.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Was it on the first episode this year after their Helicopter was shot down?
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread