Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2015, 03:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: New Orleans - "The Walking Dead" (1.13) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Feb 3rd @ 9PM)

NCIS: New Orleans 1.13 - "The Walking Dead"
Original Airdate: February 3, 2015 @ 9PM

Episode Summary
A Navy lieutenant commander seeks Pride's help to solve his impending murder
after he learns he has been poisoned with a lethal dose of radiation.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread-

looks interesting too.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You're welcome. The promo looks different to the NCIS episode which we thought sounded the same. The actor playing the poisened lieutenant was in SVU. It made me smile when I realised that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THanks for the thread.

Yes, it does look different - which I am glad for
Old 02-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Really enjoyed this episode as well!

They really need to get Diane Neal on as a regular. Seriously.

I knew BD Wong sounded familiar, then I googled him and realized he was the voice of Shang in Mulan. I kept seeing Shang instead of his NCIS: NOLA character.

But another heart breaker.

Though as soon as I saw the one scene at the garage, I was like oh this is going to be predictable. Bummed that I ended up being right about it too.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Diane Neal is in this episode too? I didn't know that
Quote:
I kept seeing Shang instead of his NCIS: NOLA character.
I have a feeling that this'll be me only I'll be seeing his SVU character instead of his NOLA character

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, so this episode was pretty good. So glad it was very different from the NCIS episode. Also, seeing Agent Borin made it even better Such a surprise to see her on there!

The end when she was talking about joining NCIS... I would much rather have her on team Gibbs, but I wouldn't mind seeing her on the NOLA team I guess. As long as she is on one of them, i am good

Very sad that it took this happening for the brothers to make peace with one another over the property dispute.

I could not figure out who poisoned the guy. Once they were at the brothers house and the wife was lingering in the garage with Broady, is when I figured it out though
Old 02-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

In Australia last week & this week we got double episodes so this week both of Borin's episodes aired together instead of weeks apart & I think it may have spoiled things a little. I taped it since it was on too late so didn't watch it until today & watched one in the morning & the other in the afternoon but I still felt it was strange that Borin was in both & like it needed more of a break to feel like less like she was JUST there *sigh*

Borin's reappearance felt more forced in this episode. I wouldn't say no to her becoming a regular on one of the shows or if they wanted to do a spinoff based on the CGIS though or complain about her being in an ep as I love the character & the actress. Can't complain about the SVU reunion either

Speaking of SVU though, I was right - I kept seeing BD Wong's SVU character. It didn't help that he was a therapist

I figured out it was the wife at the same moment Steph . I also then realised I knew the wife from House (she played Amber) so the main thing I got from this episode was recognising people from other shows

The episode was good, & I really liked the scenes between Borin & Brody

Was glad to see this episode was different to the NCIS episode with a similar plot too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-18-2015, 03:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
You're welcome. The promo looks different to the NCIS episode which we thought sounded the same. The actor playing the poisened lieutenant was in SVU. It made me smile when I realised that
I love BD Wong, Chelle. It was great to see him. I haven't kept up with SVU. With so many channels running reruns of everything, though, I can't tell if I'm watching reruns or actual new episodes. The show hasn't been cancelled, right.

Anyway, I knew it was the wife the moment I saw her. Witch At least the brothers made peace and had some time together before the end.

And I do love Boren. I hope we see more of her. I don't know how to keep tabs on that sort of thing, but it seems she's pretty popular or they wouldn't bring her back.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Nope it is still going. I use who is in it to try & work out if it is an old episode or not now

I have no idea how to tell if she is popular but I'd think she is. She at least is around here going by the episode threads for episodes she is in. They should do more with her

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-18-2015, 03:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oooh thanks. I think I use the same method. We know they are new if Stabler is gone. I miss the big lug.

And yup. That's a pretty good gauge of Boren's popularity. I'd actually watch a spin off with her as the lead. CGIS. It'd be great to have a woman lead in a show like this.CSI has finally done it with CSI:Cyber ... which I have no intention of watching, btw. I watch too much TV as it is. And the new Rizolli & Isles episodes just started. Y'all know Sasha Alexander is on that, right?

Last edited by Toni Boop; 02-18-2015 at 08:04 AM
Old 02-18-2015, 03:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The more shows with female leads the better

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think about it that way when Borin was in two episodes back to back like that. I guess because the episodes were shown almost a month apart is why maybe. But, if I was watching them back to back, I could see why you think that Chelle.

That's funny all you could see with a lot of the characters was people from other shows

Agreed about a show with her as the lead! Totally would watch it if it was CGIS or whatever

Thanks for the reminder about R&I, Toni. I need to watch the episode.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I was thinking. while it was great to have the double episodes & catch up it just didn't work as well having there two episodes together. Even a week apart may have been better
The only issue with her having her own show or joining one of them is she's a little like Gibbs so they'd need to make sure that didn't get to be too much & that they clearly made her a different character so it didn't feel like more of the same

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Good points, Chelle. Yes. There is that risk that her show would be more of the same, but that's kind of why I like the idea. The big challenge would be to not repeat story lines. So far, while the one line description of certain eposides of NCIS and NCIS/NO have been identical, the episodes themselves have been vastly different.

and you are very welcome Steph.
Reply   Post New Thread