Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: New Orleans - "The Recruits" (1.04) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 14th @ 9PM)

NCIS: New Orleans 1.04 - "The Recruits"
Original Airdate: October 14, 2014 @ 9PM

Episode Summary
A Navy SEAL is found murdered in a sorority house. The NCIS team investigate to determine if the
motive pertained to one of his classified missions or whether the death was the result of collegiate
foul play. Meanwhile, Pride's daughter visits the NCIS office.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 10-13-2014 at 02:24 AM
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this!

I am sure a video will turn up
Old 10-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread
haven't seen a video either.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is poor quality, but I've found one now & added it in

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you found one. I meant to look for one but I went out of town

And that video looks just fine Thanks for adding it
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm glad too, promos are better than just reading the episode descriptions

Looks like an interesting ep from the promo - & no original NCIS cast in sight

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, so I liked this episode better than the last few

Interesting case. Looks like they might be adding on to the team? I liked the new guy.. Patton Plame. It's like they added a McGee to the team Wonder if he will be back on there or not. Also liked that we got to meet Prides daughter.

I know there are other things, but I can't think of them right now.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Love the team more and more with each one.
Looks like there is a lot more action in this show than in the original one or does it just appear to me?
Think the forensic guy is weird, but the rest of the team is really really good.
Love their location (office) and that pryde practically lives there. Gives the whole thing some kind of a homelike feeling.
Loved when Christopher (after the fight in front of the bar) said: “you should see her when she is angry” and how the black guy in the bar helped him with the Russian.
Didn’t expect to be the security guy to be the murder and although the girl was suspicious I didn’t expect her to be the one running the ring.
Good episode. Want to see more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)

. Looks like they might be adding on to the team? I liked the new guy.. Patton Plame.
understood that they only call him when needed, but i wouldn't mind if he would join the team. i like him too.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I should have picked out Officer Mike Banton as the baddie. He was so obvious when you rethink it. Bottle of orange soda, flirting with Brody, etc. Things that set him out from others. But I thought he was just a doof that wanted to learn from the team. Or get close to a real Agent. LaSalle's joke, 'Lovely Agent Brody", lol
After the Team went through the tunnels I knew that the bad guy(Banton) would use them tunnels and I figured King was waiting. I mean Banton had LaSalle and Brody on his tail.

Sebastian did well this week with his quirky facts and him figuring the pop bottle silencer. Wife compares his conspiracy theories to Hodgen's on Bones, and quirkiness like a lot others.

The questions on the Zinny(sp?) were funny. But I figured they had rich parents. Pride saying "She could afford a wienie!" My wife laughed her head off.

I also didn't suspect Tilda at first as being bad. She found blood under Natalie Lanes(Burke) door and was screaming. I guess a good way to direct the suspicion off her. Later I suspected maybe, and when Natalie went to see her alone, I knew she must have a wire.

I even thought early that Master Chief Erik T. Benson had something to do with it. Just because they talked to him.

Thought NCIS Special Agent Patton Plame, was a very nice add. Liked "Chill" on Veronica's Closet. And the handicap part works well. But would make it hard to go out in the field.

Wasn't sure who was in on the college hooker thing when it came up. But it was nice that T.J. Blake wanted to help Natalie. To bad he was murdered for it. The funeral was nice.

Also like Laurel and the piano scenes. And how Pride was worried about his daughters college knowledge. Hope we see her again soon.

Liked how Christopher LaSalle went to see informant Ross P. and he didn't like being harassed the first time, but later after he knew it was suspected to be Russian Mob related he helped LaSalle with his gun. Vlade Stahl with the Russian Mob was quite high on himself. And thinking LaSalle was scared, when both had guns drawn.

Liked how Brody handled mercenaries Max Wolf. Did she learn from last week when she was grabbed so easily? He wondered, What are you a superhero?"and LaSalle's reply," You should see her when she is angry!"

I wonder who the Rich Guy that wanted Natalie is? Will this story come back up? They must have had to help her get away. I thought maybe he was the corrupt (He played Brian on "Wings"), guy in the Pilot??

Last edited by webruce; 10-17-2014 at 08:48 AM Reason: spelling wrrors.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

I see what you mean about it being obvious, in hindsight, that Banton was the bad guy. That is often the case. Remember that episode where the homeless vet was accused of murder and, in the end, it was the dufus security guard who kept asking for a job?

I suspect that fact that the bad guy in this episode was Russian opens up the door for another NCIS crossover since that's the thread throughout the season.

Finally, am I the only one wondering about Banton and the dorm room. The tunnel explains how he got in and out of the house. The silencer explains why noone heard a shot. It doesn't, though, explain how he got into a locked room unnoticed. Or did I miss something.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 10-17-2014 at 08:19 AM
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

That is a good question, maybe someone else can help with the answers. Maybe being Security has keys?

I do remember(vaguely)what you referred to in the other episode. Sometimes I would think in real life that would draw attention to him. Instead of being quiet and maybe they wouldn't check to deep?

Last edited by webruce; 10-17-2014 at 08:00 AM Reason: added thoughts.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ooops. I should have clarified. It was an episode of NCIS... not LA.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Never thought about that. But that was the first thought I had... was maybe he had keys
Old 10-26-2014, 03:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know what to think of them still or this episode but I really love Pride with his daughter (& not just because they had a piano )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it was a nice scene with him and his daughter.
Reply   Post New Thread