Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2015, 03:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: New Orleans - "The Abyss" (1.12) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Jan 13th @ 9PM)

NCIS: New Orleans 1.12 - "The Abyss"
Original Airdate: January 13, 2015 @ 9PM

Episode Summary
The NCIS team partner with the Coast Guard Investigative Service to probe
a double homicide aboard a research boat, when an Admiral's daughter
becomes the prime suspect in the case. Meanwhile, Lasalle tracks down
his estranged brother.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

abigail borin? i love that. hope it is not just an appearance "to help" the show.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been waiting on this one! So glad to see Borin again!

Will be interesting to see how it goes down between LaSalle and his brother
Old 01-12-2015, 02:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I find it interesting that they acted like they knew her. Wonder if that means they work with the CGIS & Borin often (or what they're implying happens)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm happy to see Borin again. She's such a great character. I would have liked her to be the next female on NCIS. However, she'd be too strong. She's a female Gibbs, basically. Same with her joining NCIS: NO.

I can't wait for the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
thanks for the thread.

abigail borin? i love that. hope it is not just an appearance "to help" the show.
Does the show need help? I thought they were doing pretty well.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)

Does the show need help? I thought they were doing pretty well.
i never thought that the show needs help, but maybe the writers and/or producers did, because they sent in gibbs, abby, ducky, tony.
that's why i hope borin is more than just another assistant that no one needs.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ah. I gotcha. Though, that was early on and smart in theory, though poorly executed.

Let's hope they put Borin to better use. :/

Edited after viewing episode ~

All I have to say is this. "Now that's the way to do a cross over. It was a really good episode and Borin was terrific, as always. I guess, though, it's not a true cross-over for her, since she is not a regular castmember. That being said, and me being ridiculously logical (it's a major drawback to watching TV ) exactly why was she involved in this investigation. She is normally up DC way.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 01-15-2015 at 10:09 AM
Old 01-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really liked this episode! So glad that Broin wasn't wasted and the episode with her in it was just as great as regular NCIS.

Glad LaSalle found his brother!

Toni, the only thing I can figure about Borin being in NOLA is because of the case? Maybe they wanted a top a top investigator on it or maybe she requested to be on the case.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

liked this episode too.

good to see borin again. pride and lasalle definitely knew her before.
borin went to highschool in ohio? did i get that right? maybe she had something in common with tony then...
good that lasalle found his brother. and good that he came back after running from the hospital. hope they can help them or just christopher and his brother figure it out.

liked how lasalle brought down the yacht owner, boring telling the crimial "keep the picture", and borin saying "you can call mulder and scully".

also there seemed to be a special bond between pride and lasalle - pride helping lasalle with something big in the past
Old 01-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally missed that about Borin living in Ohio.

Agreed with the rest of what you said
Old 02-18-2015, 01:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Borin was brilliant in this episode & I enjoyed her appearance. The other cast members were good too but I possibly enjoyed the episode more for her than them

I think that the reason she was on the case was because she was on an assignment on a boat which brought her down to that area & the New Orleans part of the agency was the closest to bring the case she found to. Plus on NCIS we see her once a year so we have no idea what she does the rest of the time or how often she is actually in DC

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
ReSo glad that Broin wasn't wasted and the episode with her in it was just as great as regular NCIS.

Glad LaSalle found his brother!

Toni, the only thing I can figure about Borin being in NOLA is because of the case? Maybe they wanted a top a top investigator on it or maybe she requested to be on the case.
Chelle ~

Yeah, it was a great episode. And I'm very happy LaSalle found his brother and, in the end, he agreed to let LaSalle help him. I hope we get updates.

That makes sense, too, about Borin. I just wish they'd explain things a bit.

Nuwanda! Yeah, about Lasalle. That was fun. And the bond between Pride and LaSalle is definitely there. I think it's one of those things that will be revealed down the road.
Reply   Post New Thread