Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^yup. There are a few ways they could do it with the casts
Old 07-24-2017, 12:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes. Just do it without Mark its not like he'd have to appear on LA since he doesn't when they do NOLA crossovers...

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
i tbh a crossover doesnt need to have the whole cast do it ..

Exactly, and just sending a couple of characters would make more sense than sending the whole team
Old 07-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

yep i mean i understand at the start gibbs being the leader he should introduce them now it isnt needed i mean LA we had tony crossover , they know abby so she could do it again .

New orleans bishop could go or mcgee again i mean there are so many ways around this
Old 07-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, very true
Old 07-30-2017, 06:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Yup, very true
it screaming to happen .. they all shoot on the same lot??
Old 07-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Both NCIS and NCIS LA shoot in California in same general areas I believe. New Orleans is actually shot in New Orleans, so quite far away from the other two shows But they have done the crossover before, they could do it again somehow.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Both NCIS and NCIS LA shoot in California in same general areas I believe. New Orleans is actually shot in New Orleans, so quite far away from the other two shows But they have done the crossover before, they could do it again somehow.
oh so they do shoot in NO makes sense teh actual place makes up the show asa well . so it can happen with good planning
Old 07-31-2017, 01:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If they can work with NOLA when its actually filmed in NOLA i don't see why they can't go visit the LA lot down the street (or wherever it is, i don't know how far away they are). I'd think that would be easier to figure out

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed Chelle
Old 08-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
If they can work with NOLA when its actually filmed in NOLA i don't see why they can't go visit the LA lot down the street (or wherever it is, i don't know how far away they are). I'd think that would be easier to figure out
i agree
Old 10-08-2019, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Season 8 - DVD features, short review (source)

"Audio Commentary: Barrett Foa and Renée Felice Smith provide commentary for the episode “Getaway” in which their characters go undercover to a couples retreat. The two longtime friends josh and joke their way through the episode (including a singalong for the show’s theme song) not offering much insight into its production but providing some personal insights into various cast and crew members.

Deleted Scenes: eleven scenes are scattered throughout the six discs in the set, attached to the episodes from which they were excised.

Dips and Salsa (10:19): a behind-the-scenes look on the production of the “From Havana with Love” episode which allows Daniela Ruah to show off her dancing skills with mambo and salsa. Commenting are episode director Dennis Smith, producer Scott Gemmill, choreographer Louie Novoa, and actors Daniela Ruah, Eric Christian Olsen, and guest star George Ahram.

Deep Impact: Season 8 of NCIS: New Orleans (29:08): an overview of the tumultuous season for the show which almost everyone agrees was one of its best but also one of its hardest. Commenting are all of the stars of the series (apart from Linda Hunt) taking about their character arcs this year along with producers Scott Gemmill and Frank Military.

The Nellverine (5:53): actress Renée Felice Smith speaks candidly about the challenges for her character during the season and how prepared she was to handle them. Also praising her efforts are producer Scott Gemmill and castmates Daniela Ruah, Barrett Foa, LL Cool J, Eric Christian Olsen, and Chris O’Donnell.

Remembering Miguel (9:37): the cast (apart from Linda Hunt) and producer Scott Gemmill share memories both on set and off of working with the late actor Miguel Ferrer."
Old 05-02-2020, 11:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that Hanna

I wonder where Linda Hunt was at this point

For a change these special features were really easy to find. They didn't have them connected to episodes, they were all under 'special features' on the main menu. The dancing one was on disc 5 to go with the episode but you didn't have to go into the episode to find it - usually you do. Then the rest were all together on disk 6. I like easy to find special features

Dips & Salsa

Joe Sachs wrote the episode after being dying to write one where Dani could show off her dancing skills that he knew she had (she'd been on Portugal's Dancing With the Stars).

Dani says that she doesn't actually have a salsa background, just a dancing background, so the actor who played her dancing partner - George Akram - helped her out. She said he knew what he was doing, & helped her out when needed. George said it was a delight to work with her.

They talk about the choreography of the episode/dances too. Louie Novoa does that bit & says how they need to make the writer happy when designing the choreography too.

Dani loved that she got to dance, she gets to fight, & she then gets to throw a guy off the stage

First the dance was choreographed, then the stunt coordinator came in & worked with them to add in the stunts for the fight.

ECO: "Its that beautiful place where the show lives that's some place between in reality and insanity & that's where you find a dance off."

The other element of the episode is Deeks wanting to be the one who gets to dance with Kensi. ECO can't dance, so his reaction to dancing was more of 'uh ok' than Dani's excitement . You see a little bit of Dani showing ECO some dance moves & dancing together in their practising for the episode.

Dani would love to do some more dancing in the show

The Nellverine

Basically what Hanna already said

The praise from the cast is nice to listen to. Not full quotes, but some of the things: "She's feisty" - Dani / "Renee's an amazing ass-kicker" - Barrett / "She was great. She's a dancer so she's very athletic so that was a cake walk for her." - ECO (in relation to her jumping down a flight of stairs) / "She held her own pretty well" - Chris

Renee says she's a visual learner, she can watch things, then work out how to do it. She credits her dance background for it & helping her work her way through the scenes. She enjoys the choreography of it all for her fight scenes/being out in the field, but she's more of a lover than a fighter you could say. She says she'd rather hug & kiss everyone than get into any physical altercations

Remembering Miguel

You can see the emotion in their faces & hear it in their words as they talk about Miguel . They all say how amazing & dedicated he was. He wouldn't take a day off. Chris says even when he got to the point where he couldn't speak he still was showing up & they'd work around that as he wanted to be there & he wanted to keep going. Even when he wasn't in an episode he'd still show up at the read through because that was the sort of professional he was. He'd tell the cast amazing stories from his life that were unbelievable at times, but really happened to him. Miguel was nothing like his character, he's warm & friendly & just an all around amazing person. The cast share some favourite scenes/moments they had with him. As well as some behind the scenes but more on-screen things.

Deep Impact: Season 8 of NCIS: Los Angeles

Barrett: "I think this was the funniest season. I think this was also maybe the most dramatic season"
Dani: "The team got closer, the team got stronger, we lost people. It's been a spectacular season."
ECO: "So its been a bittersweet, tragic, and wonderful year."
(I thought maybe we could use one of those as the thread title? or a combination?)

Scott said it may have been their hardest season yet - Dani came back 7 months pregnant & Miguel was ill. Plans going into the season were thrown out of the window due to these factors. Frank says some storylines come from arcs & moments they discuss for years, while others come from situations come up.

Dani/Kensi was written out in a way that they could still use her & have her without her needing to actually be there & active for & in the team. They actually had wanted to show for some time the casualties of war & showcase trauma that people face. So Dani's pregnancy actually allowed them to show this idea they had. It allowed them to show the ups & downs of recovery. It also provided some great material for Dani & ECO to work with, as well as moments for their characters as a couple. They also used it to put off their engagement a little bit longer . Kensi proposes because in fairness Deeks had done it three times already, & to show women can propose too. That & the writers felt the fans had waited long enough for it to happen

Callen now has a father so gets to explore who he actually is & if it lines up with an image he has had in his mind of who his father might be. Through that it is also explored that he now has more family. Callen also shares some similarities with his father in staying away from that family (at first) to protect them just as his father had stayed away from him. This gave the character an insight into his father too & the choices he had made. Callen has come 180 degrees - he went from not even knowing his name to having living relatives & being in a romantic relationship. Chris says Callen & Anna were a welcome relief for Callen after all that happened with Joelle & all of that. There is also some hesitation as he's been hurt before & Anna is Arkady's daughter so he is wary on if he can trust her. Callen's basically in a new chapter of his life, & Chris has more things to explore as an actor.

Sam on the other hand is now alone after being the constant family man throughout the show. The team are all there for him, supporting him, & feeling the loss of family themselves. Sam gets to feel guilt over if this is his fault, as well as the grief of losing his wife. This was a life changing event & will change the character forever. It will also change the team, mostly Callen who had made himself a part of that family.

Nell & Eric out in the field create different dynamics which are fun for the writers & the actors. Barrett says he thinks Eric had some nerves, but he's proud of how he went out in the field. Going undercover as a couple forced them to face the elephant in the room of their relationship a bit. Renee says that since they're such good friends it was like kissing her brother .

Miguel suggested they incorporated his illness into his character. So they wrote in that he was sick & his illness into the season. This allowed the audience & cast to connect in a way & feel the loss as well. They wrote him out in a way that was sort of definitive, but wasn't, even though it really was, because they couldn't kill him off. That final scene where he is written out with Hetty reading the note was written after Miguel passed too. Granger leaving had some hope - he could still be out there, somewhere. It wasn't a tragic ending

There's not a lot of new things said about Hetty, more of she knows everything & doesn't share it. She went out because of the mole storyline. Then they start talking about the mole storyline. Chris says he's glad that was wrapped up, or he thinks it was wrapped up. Barrett asks who the mole was & if anyone knows. Dani compares the mole to an octopus reaching out to get them all. Renee says the storyline isn't fully wrapped up, there's no big bow tied up on that storyline. ECO didn't see it all coming, didn't see Joelle coming at all. Wasn't sure if that existed until Scott came in & made it hot (his words, not mine).

Renee says that whenever Dani gets pregnant it becomes their best season as it provides more challenges & gets people to do more things they don't normally do. She then asks for baby 3 to come soon, Dani says probably not going to happen again.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2020, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Strange no cliffhanger leading into the season

Instead a 2-parter premiere looking at

Watched 2-parter plus an episode so 8x03-8x04 tomorrow to start with whichever its considered

8x07 had the CUTEST and SMARTEST 12-year old totally loved the girl

Last edited by crash landing; 07-02-2020 at 10:36 AM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread