Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2014, 03:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "SEAL Hunter" (6.06) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 3rd @ 10PM)

NCIS: Los Angeles 6.06 - "SEAL Hunter"
Original Airdate: November 3, 2014 @ 10PM

Episode Summary
Sam is arrested for murdering a woman, but Callen and Granger work to clear his name. Meanwhile,
Kensi and Deeks discover a link between the victim and a student from Sam's past.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Sunday, all.

This looks like it's going to be another excellent episode. Having watched the promo. Here's my guess. The reason they have Sam on video is because it is Sam. I mean... c'mon ... tht body? that head? LOL ... Who else could possibly look like that? I'm going out on a limb and guessing that it's some sort of plot to get Sam into a prison or whatever and that, in the end, he'll be cleared.

Then again, it could be LLCJ playing a double roll. Who knows???
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

I do not watch LA but I watched the promo and my guess is someone could have manipulated the tape .

It looks like LA is going to catch up with the other two shows - this may be why they held it back a week.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!

Looks like another good episode!

I either think someone is setting Sam up or it is some kind of undercover thing.

That could be a reason why they did it Aurora. I think another reason may be due to the elections over here in the States since they take place on Tuesday.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Providing LA is on next week they should all be on the same episode number then . But I doubt they thought that far in advance at the start to hold this back a week because they knew the other two would miss a week. At some point I'm sure the numbers will be different again

I don't know what to think of it, there could be a few things/reasons behind it. Then the promo may be misleading too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-04-2014, 08:30 AM
New Fan

The writers sunk to new depths with this episode.. they continue to make these agents look like IDIOTS!!

'It looks like SAM!' and while the actor playing the murderer did resemble SAM..-large, bald.... it was like the stereotype-'All black people look alike'...

and then 'They have SAM's DNA at the scene!'

I EXPECTED then, one of them to say-fingerprints, DNA on the victim 'leila'.. BUT, his DNA was on a 'HAT' under the VICTIM.. which I, and I am sure others know-ESPECIALLY DETECTIVES... that that HAT. could have been planted! Especially since the man leaving LEILA's apartment had his HEAD covered up! Granted, the video was blurry-and I could not see if he was wearing a hat..but, COME ON!! 'A Hat' under the BODY???' Seems SOOO convenient -why didn't the murderer just leave his wallet with license in it there too? (ANY GOOD DETECTIVE would have kept looking-realizing that the hat could have been planted-especially since HANNAH had no reason to kill this woman, no direct contacts with her, etc.. ).

NOW, I know the show is fiction, know it takes place in CA. but, in NY, OUT IN THE SUBURBS.. we have CAMERAS EVERYWHERE!! RED LIGHT CAMERAS-(which must be running continuously-because before they issue a ticket they 'view' the beforehand to see if there is a reason for you going through the light), Speeding cameras, almost every building has a camera, some houses have cameras.. it is VERY hard to avoid these cameras!! BUT, again, in fiction!! and yes, although 1 in 5 persons (something like that) works for the GOVT.. NCIS LA only has (despite seeing others walking through the building) 7 persons working for them.. which I always have wanted to know-for both this show and NCIS .. what do all those other workers, ESPECIALLY on NCIS -DO ??? (NCIS-GIBBS, TONY, MCGEE. etc. are the ONLY ONES that go out on a case.. the other 20, 30 on their floor sit in front of computers.. doing ?????????????????)
luna70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, all

My thoughts. I really liked the episode, though I have some criticisms.

First, I'm with Luna. Fake-Sam looked nothing like REAL-Sam. Heck Yes, he was the right body type ... though I believe Sam is bigger and more buffed. But I would never look at him, head on, and say "Oh look. It's Real-Sam." Of course, to be fair, he took great pains to hide his face from the surveillance cameras so based on general build, I guess it wasn't so off.

Anyway, moving on. While I thought the final scene where Real-Sam just spanks fake-Sam was good, I thought the whole fake-Sam crying thing was over-done. I mean the concept was great, but they just took it to far, IMHO, and made it cartoonish. Anyone agree?

And a general comment, I like that Granger seems to have seen the light and is right behind the team. His loyalty, in the past, seems to have been more to his politics than to the team. Hetty has always been the complete opposite.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 11-14-2014 at 06:49 AM
Old 11-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't perfect but it had some great lines and scenes. I was cracking up at Eric comparing hacking to Sex. Then I loved the scene where Callen stole the FBI chic's gun and dumped it in the lobster tank. Also the scene where Deeks was locked in the room with the imposter hunter.

The story of Sams set up was a bit iffy. I was waiting for someone to point out that even if by some small chance Sam had killed that woman he would have never been dumb enough to leave his hat behind. Also with all the people that said that guy didnt look much like Sam, maybe from a distance but up close no way. I also agree that the ending was funny for a second but then it just became over the top ridiculous with the never ending crying.

Oh… and I now fully believe Deeks/Kensi are together in some way. Deeks looked at Kensi and made it a point to saying he wasn't going to something, he got cut off from Kensi but still. Normally Deeks relishes attention from ladies but he seemed to not be okay with playing the lady to get information even after Kensi pushed him towards it saying it was for Sam.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good points about the episode and the ending being a bit over the top. I also thought it was funny, but yeah the excessive crying was a little much. But besides a few things here and there, I liked the episode.

Was surprised Hetty was there when they arrested Sam.

That FBI lady is a piece of work. Loved how Callen kept following her and the attorney around.

Loved how Granger and Callen worked together to set the two of them up and got pictures of them together to blackmail to get Sam out on bond.

Kensi and Deeks in those hazmat suits was funny.

I knew Sam was set up. Yes, I agree with other said. Up close it did not look like him, but from a distance, it did a little.

The Seal Hunter, Turner, was funny. Liked how he was acting like he was in charge of everything and asking Sam if Callen was ok to be looped in the know

Deeks getting caught by him was funny too! Deeks moving in a circle with his back to him and going on about shooting him in the back
Old 11-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Is it wrong that even though the FBI lady was screwing the DA or whoever that was that I kind of want to root for Callen and her to have a hook up later? He seemed to ruffle her feathers and I think would make for an interesting dynamic.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No because I had a fleeting thought of that at one point too.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

^ Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

"Normally Deeks relishes attention from ladies but he seemed to not be okay with playing the lady to get information even after Kensi pushed him towards it saying it was for Sam"

Good point, I'd missed that. That seals it. They're together, but on the downlow somehow. Although I'm sure everyone else has figured it out and is respecting their need for privacy.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The start of the episode with Sam & Callen in the car with the phone was funny. (the ep came on after NCIS & I hadn't turned the TV off yet)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved the episode I agree about the opening scene, that was funny.

Callen and Granger working together was great, and I loved that Callen asked Granger to have a drink with them.

The Kensi/Deeks scenes were funny
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread