Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Loose Cannons" (13.16) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Feb 23rd @ 8PM)

NCIS 13.16 - "Loose Cannons"
Original Airdate: February 23, 2016 @ 8PM

Episode Summary
Dr. Taft experiences the rush of an NCIS case when he is assigned surgical duty
on Gibbs' suspect and discovers some key evidence. Meanwhile, DiNozzo visits
Jeanne Benoit to help chase a lead involving doctors in Sudan.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

nice to see jeanne back.
i think they were a great couple back then and i think it is still possible for them to be together again, considering how jeanne looks at tony. i think she is still in love with him. i feel sorry for the husband though, seems like a nice guy.

and i was able to watch the promo this time
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 02-20-2016, 11:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
and i was able to watch the promo this time
I know I got excited when I found one but then couldn't for the other two shows

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good you guys were able to see this one! Sorry you couldn't find them for the others tough
Old 02-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Don’t know what to think of this ep. I expected something different and a much more relaxed relationship between Jeanne and tony after their last ep they had together.
Tony didn’t look happy when he realized he has to see Jeanne again and dr. taft enjoyed teasing tony, but I think we can excuse this, because he didn’t know the whole story then.
I felt sorry for tony when he understood that rene benoit is involved again and the picture was still up when Jeanne arrived.
There are still strong feelings on both sides and I have the feeling the ep was just about bringing that up and the case was just on the sideline.

Good gibbs and dr. taft have each other as friends now – or at least something like that – helps both of them.
Liked the end when dr. “grace” (didn’t understand her last name) said: you are smarter than you look and gibbs answered I have never been accused of looking smart.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think if they bring Jeanne back for even one more episode I'm just not gonna watch that.

That woman just.. arg!!
Her hostility and her hatred towards Tony are neither normal nor healthy.
Taft should leave Gibbs alone and send almighty-everyone-has-it-out-for-me Jeanne to therapy. She never dealt with what happened. She ran away and she got married, but she didn't deal.
And now she's practically spitting in Tony's face every time she sees him, like it's his lifes mission to make her life hell.
Tony's done nothing but help her and try to keep anything bad away from her ever since they met up again. That man has done enough groveling already and doesn't deserve her treatment of him.
On the other hand she's probably still got her father on a pedestal.
BoneLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

considering she is connected to tony her time will be over after this season, so only one or two more ep.

i had expected something different too, but on the other hand i can understand her reaction.
she is obviously still in love with tony (why else the "being whole again" conversation) and every time he shows up her heart and soul are turned upside down, because everything comes up again.
she was thankful for what tony did - and risked - for her husband, but considering he lied to her back in her fathers days (and he never told her he really loved her, even said "no" when she had asked if anything of this had been real) i understand that she didn't trust him unconditionally.
i mean we know that tony is one of the good ones and that he didn't mean to hurt her, but being her and not knowing half of it i can understand her.

i remember abby giving ziva a piece of her mind after she came back from israel. yelling at her, but at the same time showing some understanding. i think it is the same here: we want to yell at jeanne, but at the same time we understand some of the things that let to her reaction.

Last edited by nuwanda; 02-26-2016 at 08:24 AM
Old 02-26-2016, 06:42 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
she obviously is still in love with tony (why else the "being whole again" conversation) and every time he shows up her heart and soul are turned upside down, because everything comes up again.
she was thankful for what tony did - and risked - for her husband, but considering he lied to her back in her fathers days (and he never told her he really loved her, even said "no" when she had asked if anything of this had been real) i understand that she didn't trust him unconditionally.
i mean we know that tony is one of the good ones and that he didn't mean to hurt her, but being her and not knowing half of it i can understand her.
Agree with this. Tony hurt her badly, and even though time has passed and she's found someone else, I can completely understand how just seeing Tony brings up all those memories and makes her wonder how she could let herself be so deceived.

I enjoyed seeing Taft again. It's nice to see Gibbs with a friend. I was so glad when Taft and his wife weren't seriously injured in the car.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed with what you said about the whole Jeanne/Tony thing nuwanda
While I agree with what you said, I do still feel like it was weird how they she was acting toward Tony in the episode since it seemed like they made their peace last episode, so I thought it was a little odd for them to have her act that way toward him, even though I do understand it.

Liked that Gibbs and Dr. Taft were hanging out.

Also liked seeing Dr Taft kinda investigating with the team. Nice how he was a buffer for Tony with Jeanne.

I don't know, but I just realized how sidelined tony has been this season. It seems liken he hasn't been out in the field much but Gibbs is always telling him to do work at the office.

:lmso: Gibbs going of on the lady who showed up at the diner, only to find out it was Taft's wife.

Wasn't expecting Taft to be a target.

Sneaky of Taft to get Gibbs to meet Dr Confalone (sp?) like he did.

Also, something else I just noticed and maybe it's just me, but I just realized how sidelined Tony has been this season. It seems like he hasn't been out in the field much but Gibbs is always telling him to do work at the office.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
1.While I agree with what you said, I do still feel like it was weird how they she was acting toward Tony in the episode since it seemed like they made their peace last episode, so I thought it was a little odd for them to have her act that way toward him, even though I do understand it.

2.I don't know, but I just realized how sidelined tony has been this season. It seems liken he hasn't been out in the field much but Gibbs is always telling him to do work at the office.
1.you are right it is weird, but i think last time she was just happy to have her husband back. after some time, everything came back to her. she is still in love with tony - despite the fact he lied to her - but she also loves her husband. so she is in a troubled emotional state. after some more time she is "whole again", "forgot" about tony and was living her life again. now tony is back and everything else too.
think that is the reason why she was acting the way she did.
after she saw her father's picture on the screen it got even worse - and i think that was just normal.

2. you are right here too.
as ducky said gibbs is trying to protect tony - although the latter neiter asked for it nor wants it. but at least gibbs is not on a collision course anymore like in the first episodes when tony couldn't do anything right for gibbs.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

2. That is very true and good points (again )

2. I totally missed Ducky saying that to Gibbs about Tony. And so true
Old 02-29-2016, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)

2. I totally missed Ducky saying that to Gibbs about Tony. And so true
he didn't exactly use this words - must have confused that with some fanfiction story or something...., but at least he meant something like that. hope you remember the ep and what it was about:

Gibbs:
Okay, thanks, Duck.
Ducky:
Jethro, I feel compelled to ask you about Mitch.
Gibbs:
Been talking to DiNozzo.
Ducky:
Uh, I didn't have to. That's the trouble with old friends. Sometimes they know your history more than you would like. They also can see your present state of mind. This isn't about NIS Agent Mitchell's son at all, is it? It's about Anthony. Jethro, when I had my heart attack on that beach, it changed me. I had to adopt a whole new perspective. I began to see life differently, and... (softly laughs) it really concerned me. Perhaps this newfound view of yours is accurate, but you must respect that others may need time to see it as you do. Even Anthony.
Gibbs:
Yeah, then there's the work, Duck. It's got to get done. You got to respect that, too.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah ok

I do remember that being said now Thanks for the reminder
Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I forgot that Jeanne was coming back until I saw the promo for this ep . Now on to my babbling while I watch...

Nice scene between Gibbs & Dr Taft at the start of the episode

Little strange to take ages in the ep before we see the team (minus Gibbs & Bishop)

Would love to know what Ducky & Taft spoke about after Gibbs left them alone in autopsy. I'm sure those two could really get into Gibbs' head if they had the chance

(Tony talking about brothers in a priesthood reminds me of his Charmed appearance)

Poor Tony doesn't want to involve Jeanne . Also wants to protect her still. I think they both have feelings & they both hurt still over their history. Its got to be hard having your past brought up again & again

Jeanne's very quick to jump on Tony & accuse him of linking them because of her father . Tony's innocent in all of that there. I get she doesn't fully trust him & was hurt by him in the past but I wish she could give him the benefit of the doubt a little here

Poor Tony when it turns out that her father is connected. That's just cruel to all of them . Same with the picture on the screen when she came in

If this guy learned from her dad he took a while before getting into the business himself or at least getting onto NCIS's radar

I like the talk between Tony & Jeanne's husband. Pity Jeanne's still a little bitchy to Tony. Yes she's in pain but Tony's again trying to be nice & they'd left things nicely in the last ep she showed up again in . I agree it is like the Tony & Ziva situation where Abby talks to Ziva that nuwanda was talking about but I just feel Jeanne's being unnecessarily hard on Tony. He doesn't want to hurt her, but on the other hand she doesn't see those bits, only her hurt

The car exploding . So glad Taft & his wife weren't in it or seriously injured by it

Jeanne saying she'd go back further is telling in a way. She loves him still, which could be why she's being so mean as she doesn't want him to keep hurting her. She also doesn't want him to keep showing up in her life when she's trying to move on & make a life for herself with her husband

Love the end scene with Grace. I'm sitting here knowing I know her from somewhere & then it dawns on me why - she was Maya Gallo in Just Shoot Me. I was watching repeats of that over the weekend so that's why her voice was so familiar to me. She looked so different there & she looked so much older but I guess Just Shoot Me ended something like 13 years ago now & it could have just been the way she was made up in both shows (I also don't know that I've seen later seasons of Just Shoot Me). Anyway it is always fun to spot actors in shows that you know from other shows

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread