Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2017, 10:04 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually think McGee looks good with the beard, it makes him look older and more mature now he can't just be fresh baby-face McGee forever.
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I figure that McGee will keep the beard for a number of episodes or until he starts to feel comfortable back in the real world.

I guess the structure of the episode couldn't have gone into a more elaborate reason Quinn is no longer around. And if I recall, she did vanish towards the end of the season finale so it sets up why she would leave.

I wonder if there might be a exit planned for the show, and days are counting down. Gibbs really does seemd like he might have reached his breaking point. And retirement might not be completely out of the realm of thinking in the near future...

Of course they had just gone through a two month tortourous experience. So once he's settled down, he might get back into the swing of the job.

I loved Bishop in "Leader" mode. Shows her growth. And also Tony's Campfires are now Bishops "Sit Downs". Perfect play on old trait of Ellie's.

A very good premiere.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
I must say Deliah seemed underwelmed upon seeing tim back , her reaction wasnt that of a wife who's husband was gone for 2 months, Hell i was teary eyed at gibbs and Mageee return .
I thought it was sweet the way he came and put his head in her lap. When she's bound to a wheelchair, she couldn't get up and hug him in a traditional manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I actually think McGee looks good with the beard, it makes him look older and more mature now he can't just be fresh baby-face McGee forever.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I loved Bishop in "Leader" mode. Shows her growth. And also Tony's Campfires are now Bishops "Sit Downs". Perfect play on old trait of Ellie's.
Yeah, when she got them down on the floor I immediately thought of Tony's campfires.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it kinda grew on me towards the end. I agree with what you said though that it does make him look older and that he also can't be fresh faced forever

Quote:
I thought it was sweet the way he came and put his head in her lap. When she's bound to a wheelchair, she couldn't get up and hug him in a traditional manner.
I thought that was sweet as well
Old 09-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wondered who the guy talking to Clayton at the scene was. Then we learn he was his killer, Mickey Clark. Liked how Bishop handled the team. Thought that when Gibbs saw Tim getting the sandwich it would make problems. Didn't see it was a trick so the fight would help him secure the weapon. Should have known. Thought after the fight Tim would have had to help Gibbs get his head back together. Also the old style IBM printer was cute. Both Tim and Jethro looked good in whiskers. Liked the Tim coming home bit, and the Gibbs in quiet contemplation at end. Gibbs does look worried.
Zachery Brooks in a way was lucky his hair was falling out, or they might not have so quickly figured out about the radiation?
Other highlights of this episode, the DOD Congressional Committee off the record backed Vance. Also liked "Chips" alum Robert Pine(Congressman Theodore Randolph) in the episode. Chris Pines daddy.
Liked Nicks comment to blonde Jezebel Poppins when she was found dumping gas around the bar. Telling her she better put up no smoking signs.
Liked Gibbs giving "Santa" Jere to the Printer Guy to take care of.

The bracelet Gibbs put on at the end was talked about in another forum: The bracelet is Vintage Sterling Silver WWII Army Air Force Id Bracelet Tag Wings Propeller with name and serial number "Jackson Gibbs 0732545". Gibbs was carving the symbol from the bracelet on a wood scrap in his cell. McGee tossed aside the wood carving which started them fake fighting. By VinceW.

I guess I know now why Gibbs didn't help NCIS:NO Pride when he had trouble with the town and it's Mayor and vice versa. Both were very busy.

Last edited by webruce; 09-29-2017 at 09:47 AM Reason: added info.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by webruce (View Post)
Other highlights of this episode, the DOD Congressional Committee off the record backed Vance. Also liked "Chips" alum Robert Pine(Congressman Theodore Randolph) in the episode. Chris Pines daddy.
Enjoyed seeing him too.

Quote:
Liked Nicks comment to blonde Jezebel Poppins when she was found dumping gas around the bar. Telling her she better put up no smoking signs.
yes, that was funny!

Quote:
The bracelet Gibbs put on at the end was talked about in another forum: The bracelet is Vintage Sterling Silver WWII Army Air Force Id Bracelet Tag Wings Propeller with name and serial number "Jackson Gibbs 0732545". Gibbs was carving the symbol from the bracelet on a wood scrap in his cell. McGee tossed aside the wood carving which started them fake fighting. By VinceW.
Interesting. Thanks for the background info.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

Agreed with what has been said already.

liked mcgee with the beard - makes him look a bit "more like a man" than a youngling

and gibbs alone again at the end. really sad
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Poor Bishop being in charge. Didn't think of how it'd all fall on her, would have been so hard & not something she would have prepared for I'm sure

Torres must be going through hell having to leave them behind & then go through the questioning at the hearing

Bishop & Palmer not knowing (or pretending not to know) what a pay phone is

Floortime is very much like Tony's campfire I like it

Love the scenes between McGee & Gibbs, even if its painful to watch them being tortured. Nice fight between them to get the knife too

I like that Delilah could tell that Bishop had a lead on McGee & went to be with Abby to help out

aww the phone & reaching McGee

I like the guy who helped McGee & that they gave him the boss before they escaped

McAbby hug . I like that Abby & Torres were with Delilah. Reunion

I like the scene between Bishop & Gibbs

Typical Gibbs ending up alone but sad that he does

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Floortime is very much like Tony's campfire
I thought so as well. It was nice
Old 12-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager