Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I swear I typed more in my post last night, but evidently didn't (that happened in the Crossword thread too).

Anyway, Hanna, hope something comes with the jobs you applied for!

Can't wait to see what you choose for your avi

Quote:
Oh I totally know the losing your mind feeling Hope work settles for you soon Steph
Thanks. I hope so too!

Glad you didn't get sick Chelle.

That is funny about the actress that played Kate's sister was on Bull and it was the character was like that towards Michael's character.

Almost the weekend!! (which will end up going by too fast )
Old 07-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It happens sometimes! I already watched the last 2 episodes of season 16, but still collecting my thoughts about it

I'll keep you guys posted.

And yep, leaving right after high school wasn't an easy decision, but I didn't regret it. It just made things more complicated... I mean I started uni when I was 20 instead of 18, didn't have the money nor paperwork/certificates to start before that in an international setting, but at least I have way more life experience than my fellow graduates, so something is something I guess...

I stopped watching Bull after season 1, I think, I got bored with all the court procedures... But I know the feeling when you're so tired that you laugh at the smallest things

Avatar is chosen, at least for now. It's not my usual avatar to go to, but I always liked geeky-NSA-Bishop with her sitting on the table work method

Last edited by florerr; 07-11-2019 at 02:47 PM
Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

is eating out of posts again I guess Steph

I find Bull is hit & miss but I like some of the characters so keep watching Often I tune out at times, but sometimes its really clever how they do things...

Nice choice of icon Hanna

I think you are amazing for all you've done. Moving home & to a new country, even if you started uni a few years after everyone else. No way I could do that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that is impressive what you did Hanna. And that is something - you having that life experience. Not a lot of people have that much life experience that young.

I couldn't get into Bull... because of the court stuff I think (which is odd because I used to watch Suits ).

Love the icon you picked!

I am so glad it is the weekend. I am so exhausted. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night because of a bad storm that we had come through in the middle of the night. The lightning was wicked and I hate it when it gets that bad at night.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Hope the weather clears & you can get better sleep

It is really windy here today. I hate strong winds, they scare me that they'll knock branches or trees down

Random again but I'm watching The Handmaid's Tale & a character was just talking & I realised I knew the voice so I looked it up & the character is played by Christopher Meloni who was in SVU. Oddly he was in the previous ep too but I didn't recognise him at all then, it was just the way he was talking just now I went hang on, I know that voice. Obviously its been too long since he's been in SVU or I've seen an ep with him in it so I can't recognise him but given how long he played Elliot Stabler for I would've thought I would know him . Even funnier the actress who plays his character's wife was in the Twilight movies - her I recognised though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-13-2019, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I hate bad weather too... Especially if there are thunderstorms too...

It happens with me sometimes too that I watch something and then the voice or face sounds familiar and I ended up searching for that random character to see if I actually knew the actor or not...

Like Palmer's father-in-law (Larry Miller) for example, Ed, was Paolo from The Princess Diaries and also played a major role in 10 things I hate about you

The only court-procedural show I really watched till the end was JAG. I tried The Good Wife a few years ago, but it involved too much family drama & politics for my taste... And I'm giving a chance to The Code, hopefully it'll be somewhat similar to JAG...
Old 07-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I slept good last night.. probably due from lack of sleep

Always neat when you end up recognizing someone from another show in a current show you are watching

I don't know what it is about court shows, but I just can't get into them for some reason Hopefully The Code is good so you will have something more to watch
Old 07-16-2019, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

As of now I'm watching Five-0, I'm 2 season behind at the moment

And I'm also still in the applying process, already received some rejection letters, but that's normal...

NCIS-wise I'm planning to re-watch the earlier seasons of NCIS. I'd love to re-watch NCIS LA, but most of the earlier seasons are still fresh memories so it doesn't feel right...

How's your week going on so far?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Five-0. You have a lot to catch up on. Some pretty good episodes in there

Sorry to hear about the rejections even though it's normal.

I understand about you wanting to rewatch but not wanting to. I feel like that sometimes with shows No point in doing a rewatch if you still remember everything... unless you really really want to That's how I see it

My week is ok so far. How about yours?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I'm almost done with season 7, around episode 19, I think... It's a great season! I stopped watching it around season 6 (the season starting with Kono's wedding), but last year I decided to give it another go with skipping season 6 and re-starting from season 7

Whenever I'm stressed I end up either stress-reading or stress-watching shows & movies... At the moment I'm doing both besides applying to jobs...

At least in 2 weeks time I'm visiting London (UK) for a few days after 3 years of hiatus... I still need to contact a few friends that I will be on the island though It'd be fun!
Old 07-17-2019, 02:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I enjoy rewatching shows

I had an awful headache yesterday & feel it isn't completely gone today

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't mind rewatching either, but I prefer rewatching when I can't recall the earlier seasons/major plotlines...

I hope today was better headache-wise...

(I'm prone to having low-blood pressure: I "cure" myself with caffeine, black tea or coffee to avoid headaches and dizziness... )

I had my first job interview via phone, I didn't get it, but at least they called...
Old 07-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
I'm almost done with season 7, around episode 19, I think... It's a great season! I stopped watching it around season 6 (the season starting with Kono's wedding), but last year I decided to give it another go with skipping season 6 and re-starting from season 7
Why did you skip season 6?

Quote:
Whenever I'm stressed I end up either stress-reading or stress-watching shows & movies... At the moment I'm doing both besides applying to jobs....
Yeah, I do the same when I'm stressed... except replace reading with games

Quote:
At least in 2 weeks time I'm visiting London (UK) for a few days after 3 years of hiatus... I still need to contact a few friends that I will be on the island though It'd be fun!
Sounds like that will be fun!

Sorry about your headache Chelle Hope it completely goes away soon!

Sorry you didn't get the job Hanna, like you said, at least they called back!
Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad you at least got a first interview Hope you get more & soon get a job Hanna

I think I'm not drinking enough which is contributing to my headaches

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-18-2019, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Why did you skip season 6?
It started with too much bloody (& too many deaths), and I didn't really enjoy Chin's brother-in-law going on a killing spree...