Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope that too

Happy new year! (or early new year for those still in 2017 - like Steph)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-31-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy new Year Chelle! Hope 2018 has been good for you so far

I am finally to have the windows open since it's so nice and cool out and I have to hear all the fireworks We still have an hour and a half till midnight
Old 12-31-2017, 08:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's nice you can have the windows open, pity about all the fireworks going off though. For some reason last night there seemed to be some at random times, not just midnight & earlier at 9pm when there were family fireworks. People just like setting off fireworks I think

You have an hour & a half left, while I'm 14 & a half hours into 2018 . I'm having a lazy start to the year

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-31-2017, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it seems like people like shooting them off at all hours of the day

That is crazy to think about. Your start to the year sounds like what my start will be
Old 12-31-2017, 08:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They're just excited

It seems like a good start to me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That or drunk

I agree Back to work tomorrow though
Old 01-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

that too

yes Hope work isn't too bad for you

Work isn't too bad here, still quiet holiday period with low numbers. Ended up leaving an hour before my shift ended today since I wasn't needed anymore. Could be nice if that could happen at other times of the year

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Today wasn't bad. Hoping the rest of the week will be the same

Nice your work wasn't too bad and that you got to leave early. It's nice when that happens
Old 01-03-2018, 12:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Don't think I'll get luck again this week though

I've been summoned for jury duty . First time ever & most inconvenient time as its next month & that's when the only other permanent staff member in the room I'm in will be on holidays. The other permanent staff don't do the full five days so its harder & it just wouldn't work to have two casuals, especially with all these little & new babies. Hope that I can get out of it & be excused for that but don't think so, so I'll just have to hope to not be picked . If only I could just say my father works at a jail, & I will hate to think/learn about evil people doing crimes so they'll get sent into the jail system. I don't want to think about how my father works around criminals. Bet that's not a good enough excuse for the government either though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry that it's not as as slow this week. Good news only one more day until the weekend

Not good about the jury duty during a busy time! I know here if we can't make it that time of jury duty, we can request to be excused - though it's only under certain circumstances. Usually they just make you go another week.
Your father working at a jail may not be enough to get you out. Though I have no idea how it is over there Do they have numbers for you and you have to call in to see if you get picked? That is how we have it here. If your number isn't called then you are done with your summons until the next time.

What ever happens, good luck at getting out for that week your co-worker is not there.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm glad for the weekend

There's ways of being excused but none of their reasons fit my circumstances so nothing I can do about it, just hope I don't get picked
I've never done it before so I have no idea how it works. I just have to go in on the day they've given me to see if I get picked - I'll find out that day if I'm picked or not
Unfortunately that one day I've got to go in is one of the days my co-worker is off. But she doesn't go on her holiday until the week after so hopefully I don't get picked & it'll just be that one day

my head hurts . Of course my landlord has to be vacuuming at the moment (I presume by the sounds) & her place is above mine & she has wood floors so that's doing nothing to help my head

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too! Today was busy busy.

Ah ok. Things are a little differnt for you guys then. Shame none of the reasons fit what you need.

Aw, sorry Hope you are feeling better
Old 01-07-2018, 03:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

head much better now

it was so hot today

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you are feeling better
Sorry it was so hot outside for you

I hate that the weekend is already over
Old 01-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Weekend goes too quickly Especially when yesterday couldn't do anything & couldn't go outside because of the heat (unless I wanted to be cooked )

Hope you had a good weekend

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread