Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2015, 02:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

One day we will find the way to trade weather (we keep saying it so it must come true eventually)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One day hopefully it will happen
Old 09-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello, NCIS people!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey there again! Nice to have new posters

Hope everyone is doing good! It's October already, which is freaking crazy.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, the year has been stupid fast... But now my favorite months are starting!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Why are these your favourite months?

I don't like having staff meetings after working 10 hours. Last time I had one I came home with a really bad headache & I'm starting to get a headache after tonight's one. Interestingly both times I got a board customised on the same day

The year goes too quickly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because fall is my favorite, and Halloween, and Christmas, and New Year...
Old 10-02-2015, 02:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ah makes sense . Autumn/Fall is my favourite too but that's not until March/April/May here (not that we get a good Autumn where I live, or many leaves changing colours ). Then we don't really do Halloween here & even the little bits which do get done is nothing compared to the US I believe

It is already too hot for my liking so I'd appreciate it if Summer didn't come or wasn't hotter than Spring currently is

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-02-2015, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah up here in Canada there are differences. Our Thanksgiving is in a different month and it is nowhere near as big as the American one
Old 10-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Nerds (View Post)
Because fall is my favorite, and Halloween, and Christmas, and New Year...
This is my favorite time of the year too , but add Thanksgiving (I'm in the US) and minus New Years (cause it's the end of the year already) Because of the holidays, but mostly because I know it will get cool/cold soon

Aw Chelle, Sorry you had such a long day at work with that meeting at the end. Hope your headache has gone away.

It's funny how this time of year seems to be everyone favorite. I just hate that it will go by so quickly
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We have Thanksgiving too, just in October, and way less huge For me New Year's is because it's more of a family gathering than Christmas, where it tends to be just me and my parents
Old 10-03-2015, 02:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Australia doesn't have Thanksgiving at all. I don't think we have anything even like it. I don't know a lot about it either though so that doesn't help me work out if we do

My favourite time of year is March Autumn & my birthday . This is probably my least as I get frustrated by the heat, too many people in shops, the way Christmas gets shoved in your face pretty much from now . I enjoy Christmas but I like it to be in December not September/October . I also don't think it should be shoved in people's faces but that's a rant for another time . I've never done anything for New Years so it isn't overly special for me (I do love fireworks though). Then I work all but public holidays & weekends & since I had Christmas & New Years off last year I have a feeling I won't this year which may make the season a little less fun for me depending on if I get to spend any time with my family. I don't think my mother's ready to spend Christmas without me yet though

My headache is gone now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's interesting how just about every country has some of the same holidays, but on different days

That's nice how y'all get together like that for New Years, Rose (is it ok if we call you by your name?) I am sure I would like it more if my family were to do that

Chelle. To sum it up, Thanksgiving in the US started when the Pilgrims had a feast to give thanks after their first harvest.
Do you have anything like that?

Yeah, I hate that about this time of year too Chelle. Basically for all the reasons you do But the only difference is our weather is opposite yours, well for the most part I hate it when I go to the stores and see the Christmas stuff up in September
Are you sure you won't get those days off this year too? They fall on Fridays.
Glad your headache is gone
Old 10-04-2015, 01:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I thought Thanksgiving was about, but it isn't something we learn about here so my knowledge comes from US TV shows having Thanksgiving episodes

Australia lacks any real celebration for anything. All we have is Australia & ANZAC Day. Australia Day is a day to just celebrate Australia being Australia, it is when British settlers/convicts first arrived here. Then ANZAC Day is to remember all those Australian & New Zealanders who have served in the war. So nothing like Thanksgiving

I was surprised that today I went grocery shopping & they haven't started putting out Christmas things yet. In saying that I was also glad about that . But not so surprisingly nothing on Halloween either which goes to show that the holiday doesn't mean much here, even if stores do usually sell costumes

I'll have the public holidays off because the centre isn't open on those days. So that'll be the 25th, 28th, & 1st. So I'll at least get a four day weekend when Christmas is. But last year I was off from the 24th until the 5th so I'm presuming that this year, to be fair, I won't get something like that again

Daylight savings started today & it has messed with my head

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course it's alright That's why I put it in my signature
Closed Thread   Post New Thread