Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 03:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quinn never really had a departure storyline which is annoying & unfortunate. They should've at least brought her up again as we know she still exists somewhere

For me Clayton Reeves was the most disappointing. They finally wanted to introduce a storyline for him only to kill him off to write Abby out? Unfair to his character more than all the other wasting time with him. Then didn't help Abby's departure in my mind, just made him feel like a dispensable character. There wasn't the clear friendship between them to fully back why Abby left. That should've been explored better which would've helped both of their departure storylines. Abby annoys me but it is what it was. The main thing which annoyed me was that Pauley couldn't film a proper goodbye with Mark. I respect it but a bit disappointing they couldn't even find a way to film it without them being together but still seem like on camera they were. The window was at least something though

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS FRANCHISE | 30 DAY CHALLENGE
Over the next 30 days I will be posting questions for you to answer. For each of the questions feel free to answer for any or all of the shows in the franchise.

Day 25: Characters you wish weren’t a couple?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2020, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know, knowing that the actor wanted out too I don't hate his exit... I'm more bitter about "Abby" not having a proper goodbye with "Gibbs" after everything they went through...

NCIS: Jenny/Gibbs. I could never really connect with them... Probably because it was first brought up around the same time when we learnt about Kelly & Shannon...

NCIS LA: Callen & the random women. I had nothing against Joelle...
Old 07-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

NCIS Tiva
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Tiva or at least how they made them one. For me they caved to fans in that final moment to 'please them' but it is probably influenced by how I feel about the ship itself. For me I wish that if they wanted to put them together they just did it instead of how it ended up being done which for me felt a bit forced/like a fanfic, but they also didn't get much choice given how Cote left.

Quote:
I don't know, knowing that the actor wanted out too I don't hate his exit...
Its the storyline, not him exiting though? For me they did his character completely wrong. They should never have set him up as finally having a storyline only to kill him off. They should've always done that so we always knew who he was as a character. Then when they sent him out it would've all been more believable. It may have also been more emotional for me to see him killed. Instead he was just left as a dispensable character which isn't fair to his character. Regardless of him wanting to leave or not. Its great that he did want to go & they didn't force him out though. As if they forced him out that then would've made it worse

If I'm perfectly honest I have issues with most character departures

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-02-2020, 03:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Over the next 30 days I will be posting questions for you to answer. For each of the questions feel free to answer for any or all of the shows in the franchise.

Day 26: Which has been the saddest character departure?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

You clearly have an issue with characters leaving

Actually for "most disappointing" exit I'd love to go with Diane... Her death was pointless & came in the worst time possible considering that she & Tobias were fixing their marriage...

NCIS: Dorniget & Kate.
NCIS LA: Sam's wife - it crushed the team (too)
NOLA: LaSalle
Old 07-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not all of them . I am too invested so there is a high chance I'll find something to comment on, but there are certain aspects which I don't necessarily like. I'm fine with Kate, Jenny, Tony, Ziva, & Abby. But there are also things I don't like about Tony, Ziva, & Abby too. For me my feelings about Tony & Ziva's departures were influenced by my feelings for Tiva. Then what tainted Tony's departure was them killing Ziva so that isn't as much of an issue for me now. Then Abby is mainly the Gibbs issue but also that we didn't get to properly see how important Reeves was to her. I see fault in most of Reeves' character, including how he was written out. They could've done so much more with him & allowed us to know him more or at least how close he was to other characters instead of trying to tell us these things after he was gone. Any other issues I can settle with but that one just doesn't sit right with me.

Actually I probably should go with Dorniget as he was basically brought back to the show only to kill him off but I was just thinking about main characters. But I actually like how they did that one even though I hated the character was killed

Day 26:

NCIS: Depends on the meaning - sad to watch Dorniget, sad to go through Abby
LA: Sam's wife
NOLA: LaSalle

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2020, 03:01 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

As far as I know the actor who played Reeves was unable to be on the set for a longer period... And with everything going on with Pauley probably this was the best they were able to come up with...

For me Reeves being there for them off-screen was believable...

But yes, Dorniget being killed off was mean plot-twist too...
Old 07-03-2020, 03:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Its more I wanted to see it than it not being believable. It felt more of a 'if you say so, I'll believe it' believability as we never got to see any of it, we're just told. I guess I just felt robbed & force-fed things for lack of a better wording? I don't know, its hard to explain. I believed it, I just didn't like how it was done

Day 27: Favourite JAG appearance?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2020, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Oh, I understand... But they probably did the best they could considering the circumstances...

That's a good one! I love(d) the JAG cast...

NCIS: Probably AJ appearing in s10, I think, to defend Gibbs on court. But Bud appearing in 14x01 was a nice touch too...
NCIS LA: I loved seeing Harm/Mac. I look forward to seeing Mac again in s12...
Old 07-03-2020, 04:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Of course. Although in general I think they treated his character terribly & don't think that had to do with Pauley. But if he had limited time then that could be why

Day 27 is hard for me since I never watched JAG so it isn't as noticeable or exciting for me. I'd probably agree with your answers though Hanna

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-03-2020, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

NCIS AJ appearing to be Gibbs' lawyer
NCIS LA yet to see the appearances -- AJ coming along to help in 8x14

Probably just going to say ALL of AJ's appearances cause 8x20-8x21

......................going back to the death one .... NCIS LA Michelle Hanna

Last edited by crash landing; 07-03-2020 at 07:11 PM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Day 28: Favourite Zivaism (or other character-centric moment for other characters*)?

*Note: There will be a question about movie references & McNicknames/Character Nicknames

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-04-2020, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Probably the one with the porcupine