Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2019, 09:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Celebrating 10 Years ⚓

• • •

c e l e b r a t i n g t e n y e a r sa t
t h e n c i s f r a n c h i s eb o a r d

In November 2007 the campaign for an NCIS board was started, and after much campaigning the board was created on June 1 2009 shortly after the end of the sixth season of NCIS. The wonderful Moderator Support Team members assigned to the board when it opened were Rella, Shannon, and Cat. On July 12 2009 our first moderators, Steph and Yaz, were assigned. Since then, other wonderful moderators for this board have been Claudia (assigned on April 11 2010), Steffi (assigned on November 13 2011), and Chelle (assigned on December 22 2013). The board received its first customisation on January 10 2011 and its current customisation on October 1 2015. As the board was created shortly before the start of NCIS: Los Angeles, and has had episode threads for both it and NCIS: New Orleans, the board has always been here for fans of the other shows in the franchise. However it was not until June 30 2014 that the board officially changed its name from NCIS to NCIS Franchise to showcase how the board is for each of the shows in the franchise.

This board is an amazing place. Steph has been here since the campaign, and thinking about it Chelle has been posting here for almost 10 years too. For Steph, it was one of a few boards she really enjoyed posting on at the time and still does 10 years later. For Chelle, it was one of the first few boards she started posting on and she hasn't left as the posters here welcomed her with open arms, regardless of how little of the show she had seen. It is nice having a place to post with others who enjoy the show as much as we do. Over time this place has become a second home; we have many fond memories of this board, and we are sure that there will be many more to come. We would like to thank each and every one of the many posters and moderators that this board has seen over the years for making this board what it is today. Special thanks to all the posters who have posted through out the years and to those who are still posting with us after all this time. And to Steph on her almost ten years of moderating this board! This board would not be here or what it is without any of you, you are all amazing. Happy 10 years everyone
~ Chelle and Steph

What made you watch the shows?
About ten years ago I was utilizing math class quite well & discussing shows with two friends. They started talking about NCIS, & I was curious on what they were talking about so I decided to check it out. The first episode I watched was Kill Ari: Part 1 & I was hooked from that moment. I then proceeded to watch as much as I could in reruns, & obtain the DVDs so I could watch it all & catch up.
I tried watching LA when it first started but I couldn't get into it. Posting on this board, especially seeing the scenes between Kensi & Deeks, inspired me to give it another go & I'm glad I did. Learning from that mistake (I guess), I gave NOLA a better shot & didn't stop watching it even if at times I want to question their storylines & choices
Which shows do you watch?
All three but there's still quite a bit of LA that I haven't seen yet
Which is your favourite show?
NCIS
Who are your favourite characters?
McGee, Abby, Kensi, Nell, Tammy, Ziva, Hetty (so basically the females & McGee it seems )
What are your favourite couples?
McGee & Abby, McGee & Delilah, Deeks & Kensi
What are your favourite friendships?
McGee & Abby, McGee & DiNozzo, Callen & Sam, Tammy & Sebastian
What are your favourite episodes?
McGee & Abby centric episodes. In no particular order: Bloodbath, Twisted Sister, Borderland, Truth or Consequences, Hit and Run, Something Blue...
What are your favourite scenes?
Abby & Gibbs in "Borderland" when she asked him if he'll still love her if she tells the truth
Gibbs asking McGee if he slept in a coffin
McGee getting married
McGee returning home from Paraguay & resting his head in Delilah's lap from "House Divided"
~ Chelle (shinebrighterxx)

I happened to catch a scene with Abby in it when it was on like season 3 or so and thought she seemed like a pretty neat character and started watching after that.
I started watching LA because I liked the actors they had in it.
NOLA I also started watching because of some of the actors
All three, but will probably cut down to only NCIS and LA
At the moment LA is
Abby, McGee, Bishop, Kensi, Deeks, Nell
What is your favourite couple?
Kensi & Deeks
Gibbs & Fornell, Ziva & Abby, Callen & Sam, Gregorio & Sebastian and Gregorio & Percy
What is/are your favourite episode(s)?
Too many to list
What is/are your favourite scene(s)?
Again, too many to list
~ Steph (maplezbear)

What made you watch the show(s)?
my mother said it is a good show. I was bored and tried it one day and got addicted.
NCIS, NOLA
NCIS
Tony, Abby
Tony/Ziva
tony/gibbs, tony/abby
rekindled, berlin, baltimore
there are just too many, but I list just a few:
1.tony reviving gibbs
2. tony preparing the bullpen for ziva so she can at least hear opera music
3. abby asking gibbs if she can speak freely and later saying "yes, ma'am" to him, because he didn't want to be called "sir".
4. abby reprimanding tony for being to late, knowing nothing and can't do his work right. after hearing he went to get some bandages for her (reason for being late), already mailed her some infos and knowing she has a match before it happened she removed the "apprentice" tag from him.
5. abby/ziva welcome back scene
~ nuwanda

A friend who I used to work with suggested it, she's since retired but it definitely was a task to catch up on all the seasons (even back then there was a lot of seasons)
All of them
Currently NCIS LA of the NCIS Franchise. My favourite was originally NCIS but I've since loved watching LA more.
Hetty, Nell - NCIS LA
Gibbs, Abby - NCIS
Nell/Eric
Gibbs/Abby
Fornell/Gibbs
What is/are your favourite episode(s)?
Not sure
What is/are your favourite scene(s)?
Too many... I like to see people in different environments though... the times we'd see Abby out of the lab, Nell and Eric in the field, etc.
~ Johnnie

I am a fan of all NCIS Franchises . With the Original NCIS i watched it mainly cause of Micheal being in it i was a fan of him in Dark Angel and my sister had already watched the first few episodes so she we should try it and give it a go . WE got the DVD's for the first two seasons and were hook ( Kate being killed of in season two was such a huge shock )

When they decided for LA spin off we decided to give it a try loved it soon afterwards been a fan ever since same thing with NO haven't stop either of them at one point in time i have loved either LA or NO more than the original
All 3 wish we had more of a cross over better all three would of been epic
Wow that is tuff at one point it time i have loved each show more than the other but ill have to say the OG NCIS
NCIS - Palmer , Tony , Bishop & Casey
LA - Callen , Deeks & Kensi
NO - Pride , Sebastian , Tammy did like Meri & Sonja
i have to say Deeks & Kensi they are the only ones that we saw actually get together and be happy
NCIS Gibbs & Fornell , Palmer & Tony , Mcgee & Abby , Abby & Gibbs , Abby & Tony , Ziva & Abby .
LA - Callen & Sam for sure Kensi & Sam , Kensi & Callan .. would love if we got more scenes with Callen & Deeks
NO - Pride - Loretta , Sebastain & Tammy , Tammy & Sonja
man this is a long list
NCIS
Chimera 100th Season 5; Episode 6 - this is one of my fav episode such a good storyline and the humour was great ive watched this episode 100 times
Requiem - Season 5; Episode 7 - Gibbs and the young teenager who was friends with Kelly so much emoitons , she shows gibbs what kelly would of been like such a good episode
Twilight - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Ari that whole story line was brilliant but the end scene of the last few seconds Kate getting shot was just so shocking and horrible
Shabbat Shalom (1) Season 10 - Episode 11 - Ziva's scene always breaks me so sad
Pyramid Season 8 - Episode 24 - Franks Death another hard one - the elevator scene with all 4 hugging was nice
SWAK Season 2 - Episode 22 - funny scene and serious all rolled into one Tony almost dying and gibbs hitting over the head to say dont do it
Heartland Season 6 - Episode 4 - i love flashbacks , gibbs going home is nice and oh yeah Gibbs has a father!
Kill Ari (2) Season 3 - Episode 2 - KAte death , going after Ari and Ziva's introduction all good
Keep Going Season 14 - Episode 13 - A nice episode about the other characters so this one was about Palmer i have watched this so many times

NCIS LA
Personal - Season 2 Episode 17: Deeks getting shot was such a huge shock it was done so well to
Talion - Season 7 Episode 24: Going after Sam's son at his school was a bad decision for the bad guy but it was such a good episode
The Seventh Child - Season 7 Episode 19: Brainwashed kid also a terrorist was such an eye opener so this episode was a big deal . I Loved the way they handled it
Traitor - Season 6 Episode 9 - Granger being poisoned , and the whole lock down was very exciting

NCIS NO
I think every lead up to Pride and the Mayors clash was good i can't remember the episodes but all that was great
the end lead up to Meri leaving was good ,
When LaSalle Girlfriend got killed that was a huge one to

When Ziva and Mcgee told Tony and Abby that Gibbs has a father !!!
Tony showing Mcgee how to break into a house and he does that funny run

Callen & Sam fights/arguments are always funny i love love Callen sense of humour it is so good
~ Petra (Summer Falls)

Saw some of NCIS on TV, and it was the character Abby that drew me in, I absolutely LOVE her.
I intend to watch NCIS:LA soon, but so far I've only watched the main show (except for the crossover episodes). Will be watching the S16 finale soon!
NCIS of course!
Abby, Tim McGee, Ziva, Ducky, Jimmy, Gibbs... I love them all really. There's never been a character I hated, apart from the bad guys of course.
McAbby (abby/Tim McGee), McGee & Delilah, Tiva (Tony/Ziva)
Abby/Gibbs, Fornell/Gibbs, Ducky/Jimmy
here are so many to choose from I cannot possibly list them all. I have already started re-watching from S1 now that I've nearly finished with S16. Off the top of my head;
S2: See No Evil, S2: SWAK, S3: Boxed In, S4: Driven, S5: Requiem, S5: Dog Tags S6:Heartland, S8: Baltimore, S9: Till Death Do Us Part, S13: Lockdown, S14: Keep Going S14: Something Blue, S16: Third Wheel...to name a few.
SO many! Again off the top of my head:
1. S1 the scene when Kate tells Gibbs he needs glasses when they run out of a building from a bomb, that scene makes me laugh so much, the way Tony screams, the way Gibbs just boss jumps over the car.
2. The iguana scene in S1.
3. Gibbs and Fornell find McGee and Diane on the couch together in Devil's Trifecta S10. "Holy fourth of July weenie roast"
4. The sexual harassment meeting scene
5. the Abby/Ziva slap fight
6. The team returning home with Ziva in S5: Truth or Consequences, Abby hugging Ziva
7. McGee/Delilah's wedding + them finding out Delilah's pregnant.
8. All the headslap scenes
9. Abby's cupcake thief

To name a few. There's SO many more but I'll end up going on forever
~ Liv (livstevi21)

I was a fan of JAG, so had watched and enjoyed the cross over episode that started it all. The premiere, Yankee White, is still one of my favourite episodes.
Which show(s) do you watch?
NCIS, occasionally LA
NCIS
Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, McGee, Abby
ony & Ziva, Deeks & Kenzi
McGee & Abby, Gibbs & Fornell
It's hard to pick. Overall episodes prior to Ziva's departure, with the exception of the La Grenouille storyline. Episodes with Coast Guard Abby Borin, Hollis Mann or Fornell.
- the humourous personal interactions of Tony & Ziva, Tony & McGee
- Kate staying with Tony when he was quarantined in S.W.A.K.
- McGee and the jet packs in Ignition
- Tony & Kate had great chemistry too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKf0nDQKQo
~ Chris

My mother got me hooked on crime shows. She, and I think my grandfather, used to watch JAG and at some point my mother and I moved on to watching NCIS together. I know I have seen some of JAG but can't really remember it, or if I saw NCIS from the beginning but I feel like I did.
I watch all three, or at least try to. The original is the only one I am up to date with. When your wife hates crime shows and you love them, sometimes you need to pick and choose what you watch and when so the others suffer at times but it also means I am likely to have at least one of them to watch all year. This may show how far behind I am with NOLA.
NCIS has changed a lot from what it was but it still has its heart; family. So long as that remains then my love for it will not, even as the cast continues to.
Abby, Tony, and Gibbs. I am not sure if I can pick from the other shows.
Tony/Ziva. I also like Nell/Eric
Any friendship from NCIS. Callen and Sam from LA
I am not sure I could begin to pick, there are so many amazing episodes just within the original show.
They may be torture at times, however I have a soft spot for the season finale scenes. At least when watching a second time and I can quickly go see what happens next but they have had some wonderfully done (and torturous) cliff hangers.
~ Mimica (PurpleLily)

Not sure honestly. I think I just stumbled across and started watching.
Just the original NCIS
^ the one above
Ziva... and McGee and Tony
Tiva
What is your favourite friendship?
Gibbs/Abby
I honestly love a lot
I love all the head slaps. I also really like the hugs we've seen between each of the characters.
~ Jac (ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н)

i dont remember what made me first want to watch
all of them
i enjoy them all, but i kinda like ncisla the best
kenzi/deeks gibbs, torres, pride
kenzi deeks
fornell and gibbs , sam/ g
~ Jen (My Kind of Crazy)

Well it was around December over 13 years ago, holiday break home started watching the reruns on USA network. I started with season 2. Kate, Tony, McGee, Abby, Gibbs. Kept me interested. Then the sudden ending of Kate’s death hooked me 1000%. Now I was a big 24 fan, shock awe holy sh**t moments what I liked. Episodes seasons that followed never disappointed me.
NCIS
NCIS
Ziva, Abby, Bishop, Tony and Franks
Ziva and Tony all time best non romantic couple. Gibbs and Jenny
Gibbs and Abby, Gibbs and Franks, Fornell and Gibbs
sadly two deaths season 2 finale death of Kate. Season 3 Kill Ari part 1-2. which brought us Ziva and dead Kate talking to Tony and Abby
~ Logan

JAG was always a family favourite, I don't remember a time when we wouldn't turn on the TV to watch the latest (dubbed) episode. I still remember the first time when the pilot NCIS episode aired within JAG, and the feeling that it's just not possible that Harm would be responsible for murder. And that "these investigators should better find the real murderer and let Harm to be." Of course
a year later, the first season of NCIS was bought by the same channel, and we turned on the pilot and liked it. So essentially JAG made me to watch NCIS, and I ended up following all three of the NCIS shows.
I watch them all. Though from NCIS I missed a couple of seasons in between. I've only season the first 4 seasons and then re-starting from the 11th one. And I skipped last season from NOLA, but I'm enjoying the current one.
It depends on my day and on the actual episode. But in general NCIS LA is my favourite, with NCIS being a close second.
I wouldn't really say that I have favourites. In general I love the cast of all 3 shows, they fit together. Though I have a soft spot for Deeks, and it's always a pleasure to see Hetty, especially after last season...
I also really like Bishop, practically from day 1, she's just so different from Kate and Ziva. I love(d) the fact that she was a real proby, a bit nerdy one similar to how McGee was in the very beginning of the show.
From the latest additions Torres and Tammy are starting to grow on me.
Densi. I don't really care about the other couples as long as Densi is strong and together. Besides for me NCIS was always about a sense of belonging and purpose instead of some romantic drama going on. Of course it's nice to see some other couples every-now-and-then, but it's refreshing to watch a show which doesn't aim to become a primetime action-soap opera.
G and Sam Hanna have a really good and solid friendship, though the LA characters in overall are really close to each other. I also really liked the friendship between Abby and McGee over the years, and I think Bishop and Reeves had a solid friendship as well, it's a shame that Reeves died.
I don't know if it's my favourite, but I truly enjoyed the episode with Dinozzo and Deeks in LA, 7x03 (?) : Blame it on Rio.
Again their have been many excellent scenes over the years. The end of 13x13 is a memorable scene for me. Gibbs and his "children" bickering at his house while watching an old Christmas movie."
https://youtu.be/wI5L-DBbtpY
1x01, the scene where NCIS steals the dead body from the FBI (Fornell) ... with Tony being in the body bag...
~ florerr

My Kind of Crazy

shinebrighterxx

• • •

OP/art: shinebrighterxx

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:16 PM
Graphics Team

OH.MY.LORD. That OP is one of the most amazing ones I've ever seen I'm in love!
Congrats on 10 years everyone!
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Lovely OP and congrats on 10 years everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats guys the OP looks amazing guys
Old 06-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats for 10 years!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Amazing OP! It's wonderful that you received so many contributions.

Congratulations on the 10 year milestone!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Graphics Team

Congratulations on ten years! It is wonderful to see the opinions of so many fans in your OP.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

wow that OP is amazing. congrats on celebrating such an awesome milestone
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

What a beautiful OP i love it ,.. i dont think ill add anything to it , its just that perfect

congratulations guys i love the top banner you even had dom in it
Old 06-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Congrats on a fantastic milestone! Great OP.

We shared your celebration on Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Feel free to share those posts where you have an account to help spread the word about FanForum and this board!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats
Old 06-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Congrats beautiful OP