Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Board Recustomization!

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Looking forward to seeing the customization!

Are all three shows supposed to be included in the banner? If so, that would be a lot of people to include
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

We'd really appreciate it if you could find a medium to include the most important ones from each show.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let's hope you can help us find a way to put the main characters from each shows like Gibbs/McGee/DiNozzo/Sciuto for the first NCIS that's what I'd go with but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I like the idea of having the major characters from each show.

Any regular posters here have any ideas? Please share them!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

how about just 4 main characters from each?

NCIS: Gibbs, Bishop, McGee, DiNozzo
NCIS LA: Deeks, Kensi, Sam, Callen
NCIS NO: (I don't know the characters. lol)

That would give the team members who go into the field, the ones we mostly see.

It could look like

Sam Callen Deeks Kensi
Gibbs Bishop McGee DiNozzo NCIS Franchise (NCIS: NO 4 characters)
Old 04-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I recommend that everyone takes a look at boards like the Twilight one & Grey's Anatomy which have large casts. The more we put in the smaller the pictures are. I think no more than about 12 characters is best. What the best way to do that is I have no idea. The sooner we can decide or at least give the team a good idea on who the most loved characters are the better as the more time they'll have to work on it

For me these are the most important characters are Gibbs, Tony, Callen, Sam, & Pride. Then personally I'd like to see the four original NCIS characters so I'd add Ducky & Abby. Other popular characters would be McGee, Deeks, & Kensi. To give more of a representation of NOLA then possibly add in LaSalle & Brody. That's five from NCIS, four from LA, & three from NOLA (so 12 all up)

When it comes to colours I love what we have now. Maybe something a little warmer? I have a few ideas but I'll post them later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
how about just 4 main characters from each?
I was thinking that at first (because yes I've been thinking about this for a while & knew it was coming ) but there isn't really 4 characters from NOLA & they don't have a team of 4, it is just 3 (PRide, LaSalle, & Brody). We could do 4, 4, & 3 but a part of me doesn't like the idea of putting Bishop in the graphic when she isn't as loved as someone like Abby. I feel that her position should go to a character which is loved more (& still in the show)

Edit: I know we haven't decided on characters but to get the team started so they can at least see what they have to work with when it comes to pictures -
NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles
NCIS New Orleans

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 04-24-2015 at 01:38 AM Reason: fixed the NOLA link
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree with Chelle (speedoflife)

But what about Palmer and Bishop?

I don't mind the colour it is now....

From my point of view I have issues reading darker fonts, Like there's some boards i just wont go to because of how dark it is.. So no dark fonts, Easy to read so light colours like this if possible!
Something inviting...

I'm Megan!

Last edited by Megz1989; 04-23-2015 at 01:59 AM
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
I recommend that everyone takes a look at boards like the Twilight one & Grey's Anatomy which have large casts. The more we put in the smaller the pictures are. I think no more than about 12 characters is best. What the best way to do that is I have no idea. The sooner we can decide or at least give the team a good idea on who the most loved characters are the better as the more time they'll have to work on it
That's why I asked Having three shows makes it hard to decide which characters should be included though. I don't watch NOLA so I can't comment on that, but from NCIS I would like to see Gibbs, Tony, Abby, McGee and NCIS:LA Sam, Callen, Deeks and Kensi.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you mean by 'dark fonts' Meg? The team doesn't use dark colours anymore so if you mean something like black/dark background with white/light text then you don't need to worry, the team doesn't do that anymore. Plus that wouldn't fit with the shows I don't think

The board is being redone now so we can include all three shows & better represent what this board is for . It'll be hard & some of our favourite characters won't be included but a general representation of each of the shows is all that needed. Really we could just go with one character from each but that's boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megz1989 (View Post)
But what about Palmer and Bishop?
We're trying to narrow things down, the more characters we add the more complicated it becomes & the smaller the pictures. Plus I think the team might chase me away if we ask for too many characters as that's a lot more work & large casts are scary . I'm going to say no to Palmer as he isn't that much of an important character. Then my opinion is no to Bishop as she isn't a loved character so her position should be given to a character which is loved more that could just be me who feels that way though

I'd be happy with just the ones Ingrid listed (Gibbs, Tony, Abby, McGee / Sam, Callen, Deeks, Kensi) with the three from NOLA (Pride, LaSalle, Brody)

Edit: I don't have the words to try explain what is in my head for colours but I'm going to try to. I'm thinking the current colours fit well with NCIS. They seem to capture the colours used, the colder & snowy feel the show can get. Any episode I've seen of LA always is sunny & beachy, but NCIS has winter & snow so the cooler blues match that. But for LA a more oceany & sunny/sky blue fits well for it. I'm not sure what is a good colour for NOLA though. It seems to be colourful & use a lot of browns so maybe if we could keep blue as our main colours with tiny hints of some brown? I know the team doesn't deal with the buttons but maybe those could be browns while the rest of the board stays with blue? I think these are too dark & green but this was one colour scheme I looked at. This is another but it feels too cold blue, so doesn't really represent LA so maybe something somewhere in the middle of those two examples?

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 04-23-2015 at 02:30 AM
Old 04-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Like the CSI board is like, Criminal minds used to be dark..

Yeah i think im happy with everything and how it will be, all good..

EDIT: Don't change the colour

I'm Megan!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know what CM was like but CSI is one they've redone to lighten it up (amongst other reasons). So don't need to worry about that

I edited my last post to try explain my colour thoughts, I hope it makes sense

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah i read it, it does make sense..

I'm Megan!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm ok with anything as long as it's not light text on dark background. Maybe it's just me, but I find that is very hard to read.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you guys going to add Emily and keep Ziva ? Or is the thought to get all three shows/cast into the photo ? I can't wait to see the final look
Reply   Post New Thread