Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

First time I watched it I was convinced she was going to die. I hadn't read the book either, so I didn't know she was going to be better. And even back then I really wanted Marianne and colonel Brandon to end up together too. Never liked Willoughby
Old 02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Me too! I was totally endeared with him and them in the beginning. They were just perfect to me and I remember squeeing so much at that scene where they're playing that game. I don't know what it's called, but Mrs. Jennings starts telling Elinor about Col Brandon and how he's a great catch.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

I think I remember that moment. Mrs. Jennings was hilarious sometimes. I had to laugh when Charlotte stormed out the house when Marianne was ill. Imelda Staunton was so funny.

Almost time for a new thread. Any titles?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think I remember that moment. Mrs. Jennings was hilarious sometimes. I had to laugh when Charlotte stormed out the house when Marianne was ill. Imelda Staunton was so funny.
Mrs. Jennings was so well cast. She annoyed me tremendously in the book and in the movie too. But I kinda loved her in the end.

Me too! That was so perfect, and seriously Imelda Staunton is amazing! I love her so much. It was great to see her, Hugh, and Emma together again after Peter's Friends. We were just missing Stephen.

As for titles, I have no idea! Maybe we could use a quote?

Oh and today I discovered that Emma wrote a book with the screenplay for S&S and some diaries, which are just her comments and stuff like that. It has loads of piccies! I'm excited to read it all. Maybe I could browse through that and find a title?

That's such a cute little pic! Even though he was a total jerk, I still believe he loved her. Just not enough...
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
As for titles, I have no idea! Maybe we could use a quote?

Oh and today I discovered that Emma wrote a book with the screenplay for S&S and some diaries, which are just her comments and stuff like that. It has loads of piccies! I'm excited to read it all. Maybe I could browse through that and find a title?
I heard about the diary but didn't know there was a book with the screenplay. Would be awesome if you could find a title in that.

I've never seen Peter's Friends. What's it about? Is it worth watching?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fatima* (View Post)
I heard about the diary but didn't know there was a book with the screenplay. Would be awesome if you could find a title in that.

I've never seen Peter's Friends. What's it about? Is it worth watching?
It's combined into one, at least the version I found. It has the screenplay in the beginning, which I'm slowly but surely making my way through, and then the diaries. I'll try, there's some great quotes from Lindsay Doran.

It's about all of these friends who got estranged because of time and stuff like that who come together for Christmas because Stephen Fry's character's dad died. It's a whole bunch of fun and the opening scene is one of the most hilarious ever! I think it's worth watching.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
It's about all of these friends who got estranged because of time and stuff like that who come together for Christmas because Stephen Fry's character's dad died. It's a whole bunch of fun and the opening scene is one of the most hilarious ever! I think it's worth watching.
Sounds awesome. maybe I'll check it out.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost title time

Anyone have any title ideas?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

I don't feel creative. I can't come up with any titles. I was waiting for Yaz to come up with something.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry! I had a huge Calc exam I had to study for. But, I did get to read more of the screenplay so I got like a quote from it.

Sense & Sensibility Movie Appreciation #2: Can the ardour of the soul really be satisfied with such polite, concealed affections?

Y/N? Might be too long.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

That's okay Yaz. Exams are more important. I don't think that title is too long. I love it. it's perfect.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you like. Just need to finish this thread off then.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great title Yaz
Old 02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

New Thread