Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I think 30 Rock will definitely clean up this year. But yeah I think NPH is a shoe-in, and he deserves as much imo. I'm just happy that Jeremy Piven isn't nominated in that category.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, actually I adore Jeremy Piven in Entourage. But I guess he has won a lot. What was it, 3 times?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Yeah he has won in the last 3 years and was nominated the year before too. he is good but those winnings leave me bored and I also think it's a bit unfair to all the other actors. Except for 30 Rock, they can win everything.

Look at Tina Fey, she has 5 Emmys now and is up for another two which I'm sure she will win at least one of them. She'll be getting close to the record Emmys soon. Carl Reiner holds the record with 9 wins. Edward Asner behind him with 7 wins and Art Carney and Billy Crystal with 6.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow, she's definitely getting up there! So that means that if she wins both of the Emmys she's nominated for, she'll be tied for 2nd all time? Wow. That is quite amazing. Not that I'm surprised that Tina would be among the most amazing of people.

I find it cool when someone wins in a category every year for a couple years in a row. I usually don't have a problem with it because I figure that, if they do win that much, they must really deserve it. I only have a problem with it when I've seen the show and still don't like the person who's winning.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossip_Addict (View Post)
Wow, she's definitely getting up there! So that means that if she wins both of the Emmys she's nominated for, she'll be tied for 2nd all time? Wow. That is quite amazing. Not that I'm surprised that Tina would be among the most amazing of people.
Yeah she would be on the second place with two wins this year. And she is still so young. I wonder where she puts all her awards.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

That's true, she's still got a long career ahead of her, I think. She's at least got a couple more years of 30 Rock, and hopefully that will bring some more wins for her.

I wonder! That's quite a good question. Maybe her office or something? Though that would be a lot to fit in one place. Between her personal awards and all the ones that the show has won, she'd have to have a display case somewhere.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

I was watching the season 2 commentary today and Tina mentioned that they have a Writer's Guild Award in the office that doesn't even belong to them.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Haha, I saw that! It belonged to Charles Gibson or something. Maybe there are random awards of Tina's floating around somewhere too.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

I wonder what makes you loose your award or forgetting it in some office.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Having too many to keep track of, like Tina. Though I wouldn't imagine that Charles Gibson would have too many awards to keep track of...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossip_Addict (View Post)
I find it cool when someone wins in a category every year for a couple years in a row. I usually don't have a problem with it because I figure that, if they do win that much, they must really deserve it. I only have a problem with it when I've seen the show and still don't like the person who's winning.
Same here. I mean in a few years, I'm pretty sure people will be bitching about NPH and Jim Parsons winning all the time or something like that.

Tina might have a whole room, just for the awards.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
Same here. I mean in a few years, I'm pretty sure people will be bitching about NPH and Jim Parsons winning all the time or something like that.
So true. You can't please everyone all the time. If it's 30 Rock that's getting too many Emmys this year, it will be HIMYM or something else next year. I'll just enjoy it while it's 30 Rock.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

part one of the 2009 Emmys and Tina scored her first this year, and I don't think this will be the last. And for Lisa Edelstein presenting.

more pice here

Tina's suit looks a bit strange if you ask me.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Hahah, I'm sure it won't be the last. I agree about the suit...
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
In another comedic highlight, Tina Fey jokingly tried to make out with 30 Rock co-star Jack McBrayer before accepting her award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy for her role as Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.
I hope we can see it on TV