Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahha (View Post)
I definitely agree that he had at least been pondering it, but what if he didn't have any of it written down (maybe out of fear of seeing it on paper?) and just had it logged up in that big, bulbous brain of his (with his eidetic memory and all)? Then once he realized how much he didn't want to see Amy with other men, he just churned it all out on paper?

I don't know...just a thought.
Just logistically it would take longer than an hour to turn out 31 pages of text, and that is if you are not having to consider wording, structuring, etc. If you are just quickly typing, it still would be hard to turn 31 pages that quickly. However, to turn 31 pages of legal documents would be even longer. Wording is very specific and tricky to deal with, even with a lot of legal training. It took him much longer to just modify an already existing agreement he had with Leonard when he wanted to add bits about Penny in it.

His agreement with Amy would have been something started from scratch so I think it would have taken him a lot longer than an hour to turn out (no matter how fast of a typist he is). He may be brilliant, but one thing he does struggle with is wording. He has often told people he would text or email them his comeback when someone has insulted him because he can't think of the right word. So I just don't think he would be able to logistically turn it around that quickly. Some already had to be in at a minimum "draft" form for him to modify and edit it in time to turn it around in an hour.

Having filed patents many times before and dealing with the legal documents associated with patents, I can tell you it can be a very trying process to write a legal document.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
Glad to see the thread has been moving.

And even gladder (lol, it's that even a correct word? ) to see new faces!

Stardust!, you are joining us! (you are at the imdb, right?, I lurk there and once I bring a quote of yours here for discussion )

And also, welcome to sarahha too!

Please stay and hang around often with us, modesty aside, we rock!!

Thanks and yes on imdb....glad to be here!

I am not sure I understand the rules and regulations. I tried looking under the FAQ but it doesn't mention anything about how to initiate a new post or about how often to post, etc. Where does one find those rules? So we are not to reply direct to a post that is already made? I am confused.

Update: OK I found the rules, but am still a bit confused about "reply with quote". Isn't that how we reply to already posted messages? or do we do that always in one post from ourselves through edit? Would they be able to tell when you update if that is the case? I am still a bit confused on how this works.

Also, where is the spoilers thread for TBBT?

Last edited by stardustmelody77; 06-24-2012 at 03:17 PM
Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
I think he broke in.
Since Amy didn't know how he got in, I assume he never had a key, even though they had been good friends. Perhaps he somehow convinced the Super to let him in? But given he didn't want to respond to the question but instead asked her about "nagging" him, I am guessing you are right. He probably broke in but didn't want to admit it.

Somehow I think she got a kick out of knowing he was there. I mean it was hilarious when he knocked on her door when she was in the hall with Stuart. It was so unexpected in one way, yet so Sheldon in another. I loved it! I definitely got a kick out of it. It just shows how jealous he truly was. He wanted to make sure Stuart didn't "touch his woman".
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
Thanks and yes on imdb....glad to be here!
And we are happy to have new members, specailly as enthusiastic and participative as you!

Just remember by rules, we are not allowed to post more than once in a row! If we want to say something else and nobody had posted yet, we can edit our previous post and add the new content there.

I understand you are not used to that kind of rules since you just signed up, I did that too a couple of times when I was a newbie!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Just logistically it would take longer than an hour to turn out 31 pages of text, and that is if you are not having to consider wording, structuring, etc. If you are just quickly typing, it still would be hard to turn 31 pages that quickly. However, to turn 31 pages of legal documents would be even longer. Wording is very specific and tricky to deal with, even with a lot of legal training. It took him much longer to just modify an already existing agreement he had with Leonard when he wanted to add bits about Penny in it.

His agreement with Amy would have been something started from scratch so I think it would have taken him a lot longer than an hour to turn out (no matter how fast of a typist he is). He may be brilliant, but one thing he does struggle with is wording. He has often told people he would text or email them his comeback when someone has insulted him because he can't think of the right word. So I just don't think he would be able to logistically turn it around that quickly. Some already had to be in at a minimum "draft" form for him to modify and edit it in time to turn it around in an hour.

Having filed patents many times before and dealing with the legal documents associated with patents, I can tell you it can be a very trying process to write a legal document.

Maybe he put on his Flash costume and just got really inspired.

Totally kidding...
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Stardust!! Glad to see you've migrated over here! It was difficult for me not to respond to your posts with big block letters saying "PLEASE COME OVER TO FAN FORUM!!!"

Quote:
I realize he isn't an end-game person, but he clearly had already developed strong feelings for her. Remember two episodes earlier was the Zazzy cat episode where he had to face the depth of his feelings already. I suspect after the cat incident and when they got back together as "friends", is when he truly began to think about considering her more than just a friend and started working on an agreement should he ever be put in a situation where he needed to have it ready. One thing Sheldon is, is very organized. He may not have been daydreaming about her, etc. but she WAS on his mind. He is the type to have things ready, just like his emergency equipment. He does not like being surprised, so it would not shock me at all that he had already started and pretty much finished putting a document together in case he needed it. I guess I just invalidated my comment about not being an end-game person. Well I guess a better way of saying it, is that Sheldon is always prepared for "what if" scenarios. He may already be "what if"ing his relationship with Amy and having ideas and thoughts in place, but that doesn't mean he has a real plan of knowing where he wants to be with his relationship with her. He is always content to be status quo. However, he also has a lot of evidence that he is not always the one in control of their relationship and so may have already realized that she could push for more. I can see him preparing for various scenarios just in case.
You know what? You bring up an interesting point. My first thought was that it's quite possible that he started preparing the RA after Amy requested he meet her mother. It took him completely by surprise and we know he doesn't like being surprised. I wonder what other things he has up his sleeve...

To answer your questions, when you click "quick reply" it'll quote the whole post. If you don't wanna do that, hit the other reply and it'll take you to where you could erase what you don't want. As for starting threads, it's not like IMDB. Pretty much everything you want to talk about already fits into a thread. You just have to find the appropriate thread. So for example, this is all Shamy. If you want to discuss Sheldon and Penny, you could choose to go to the "Polar Opposites Friendship" thread of the "Paradox" shipper thread. If you want to discuss news, go to the news thread. As for the spoilers thread, that's on the spoilers board. Hit the down arrow next to the word Forums and go to the end. You'll find it there. We can't link or talk about spoilers here. OH! And...it's important to stay on topic...which I don't think I did here... As for the rest, don't worry, it's fairly easy to get the hang of things after a bit.

ETA:
I forgot to say hello to Sarah as well!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Stardust!! Glad to see you've migrated over here! It was difficult for me not to respond to your posts with big block letters saying "PLEASE COME OVER TO FAN FORUM!!!"

You know what? You bring up an interesting point. My first thought was that it's quite possible that he started preparing the RA after Amy requested he meet her mother. It took him completely by surprise and we know he doesn't like being surprised. I wonder what other things he has up his sleeve...

To answer your questions, when you click "quick reply" it'll quote the whole post. If you don't wanna do that, hit the other reply and it'll take you to where you could erase what you don't want. As for starting threads, it's not like IMDB. Pretty much everything you want to talk about already fits into a thread. You just have to find the appropriate thread. So for example, this is all Shamy. If you want to discuss Sheldon and Penny, you could choose to go to the "Polar Opposites Friendship" thread of the "Paradox" shipper thread. If you want to discuss news, go to the news thread. As for the spoilers thread, that's on the spoilers board. Hit the down arrow next to the word Forums and go to the end. You'll find it there. We can't link or talk about spoilers here. OH! And...it's important to stay on topic...which I don't think I did here... As for the rest, don't worry, it's fairly easy to get the hang of things after a bit.

ETA:
I forgot to say hello to Sarah as well!
Thanks for the quick instructions. I appreciate it.

Thanks to Pomita and Megfsc as well! Glad to be here.

Last edited by stardustmelody77; 06-24-2012 at 06:25 PM
Old 06-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey Stardust! Good to see you around here. (I may have actually suggested it at some point).

Regarding the RA, I have felt all along - for time and logistical reasons, as you say - that he already had it prepared and drafted in some form beforehand. I like Anjel's headcanon that he probably conceived it just after TAD. If he can prepare for apocalypses, he can prepare for this, right?

I also think that he used his superior Homo Novus skills to break into her apartment somehow, since clearly she was surprised at his getting in.

The scene with him knocking from inside is just priceless. I'm especially fascinated by his expression when he asks them to 'wrap it up'.. what a curious mix of innocence, suspicion, possessiveness and affection!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome Stardust!!! Such wonderful points you've made so far, I'm so happy to see you here!

But I really wanted to highlight one thing you said in particular that really stood out to me.

Quote:

Sheldon's feelings are deepening so he is lessening on his rigid nature because of it which is why he can be spontaneous and reach out and grab Amy's hand and hold it. It was natural for him to do it because he felt comfortable doing so at this point. She played it perfectly by not making a big deal out of it (unlike Penny when she got her hug and had to mention it to Leonard as if Leonard couldn't see for himself). Instead, Amy looked up at him (to reassure herself he was okay) and then went back to watching the launch. She played it the way Sheldon needed. If she had made a big deal, he may not be comfortable the next time he wants to reach out to her naturally (whether to hold her hand or hug her or cuddle or whatever). I think that quiet exchange was the perfect way to handle his affection for her at that moment. It is going to be fun to see how he moves forward (because there is no such thing as going back at this point).
This is so so true! I often think about Amy's reaction to him holding her hand, and I think that it can't be anything less than genuine emotion there, since it was so unexpected, but what's interesting to me is that she was completely caught off guard, and thus reacted in a real, unfiltered (if you will) way. This was her natural reaction...just instinctual. I would think from her face, that she was too shocked to go into controlled response mode, and think about what she should do next for Sheldon. I'm guessing that no real thought or logic went into her reaction at all, just as I doubt Sheldon put any real thought or planning into the hand hold. It was a purely instinctual and impulsive action and reaction from start to finish on both of their parts, and really was able to provide a gauge on where they are mentally in their relationship.

It so happens that impulsively, when finally not subjected to his tiring logic and overthinking, Sheldon was able to give Amy exactly what she needed, physical affection and acknowledgement of his feelings for her. And also, Amy was, by reaction, able to impulsively and automatically give Sheldon what he needed, genuine acceptance and happiness at his gesture, without calling attention to the huge step he was making (which, as you said, would have made him uncomfortable). They both handled that situation perfectly together, because that was just them both being completely natural and in the moment together. Now will we see more moments like this from them? My guess is probably not that often, because I would think that two geniuses would be hard pressed to check their logic and reason and planning at the door all that often. However, this affects their dynamic in a big way, because this is an obvious statement to how they seem to complement each other perfectly so naturally, without even trying. The thought and reason isn't necessary, and they have this connection that's highly independent of their mere intellectual connection.

And this is why both Sheldon's action and Amy's reaction were so important...because if it wasn't clear already...it solidified the fact that what they have goes beyond their mental relationship. It's a sheer sign of a natural connection, or attraction...proof of something that so many people claim that they don't have...and that's chemistry.

And yes, I absolutely agree here, that it's going to be amazing to see how their dynamic is affected by this move, because you just can't un-ring this bell.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Best Afternoon ever! It started with my dad (who's visiting me from out of state) asking me about BBT and saying that he's seen most of the episodes AND saying that it is (and I quote) "Going to be the Seinfeld of it's time"...which FYI Seinfeld is his favorite sitcom of all time, so that's HIGH praise. So I asked him if he had seen the episode where Amy asks Sheldon to meet her mother and he said no so we watched it. He laughed like I haven't heard him laugh since he used to watch Seinfeld. So then after that, he asked about season 5, so we watched TIP, TFSA, TRD, TWT, TSC, TLA, and the finale. Based on his laughter I'd say Amy is his favorite character. He never failed to laugh loudly when she opened her mouth. In fact, MOST of his laughter was at Sheldon, Amy, or both. He was doubled over laughing when Shamy cuddled, and then again at the Star Trek Cosplay. I'd say he's a Shamy shipper at heart.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
Wow!, TYFTNT!

And I don't know if it could apply to girls as well, but Amy seems to be all kinds of sassy and sexy, a vixen, indeed!
Remember, she wears leopard pattern underwear from Victoria Secret....as I have always said, she is a vixen inside with a lot of layers weighing her down. The underwear I feel was mentioned for a specific reason. Just like the hand-holding constraints being mentioned when the RA was given, so this has to have significance down the road.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Best Afternoon ever! It started with my dad (who's visiting me from out of state) asking me about BBT and saying that he's seen most of the episodes AND saying that it is (and I quote) "Going to be the Seinfeld of it's time"...which FYI Seinfeld is his favorite sitcom of all time, so that's HIGH praise. So I asked him if he had seen the episode where Amy asks Sheldon to meet her mother and he said no so we watched it. He laughed like I haven't heard him laugh since he used to watch Seinfeld. So then after that, he asked about season 5, so we watched TIP, TFSA, TRD, TWT, TSC, TLA, and the finale. Based on his laughter I'd say Amy is his favorite character. He never failed to laugh loudly when she opened her mouth. In fact, MOST of his laughter was at Sheldon, Amy, or both. He was doubled over laughing when Shamy cuddled, and then again at the Star Trek Cosplay. I'd say he's a Shamy shipper at heart.
Glad to see he is a Shamy fan! I was thinking about him watching the last episode and so went back and watched it again (season finale). I don't know if this was discussed in a past thread, but did anyone else notice that Sheldon has his legs moving in a nervous fashion before he holds Amy's hands and then they immediately settle down and don't move after? It is like once he took her hand he was calm. It makes me wonder if the nerves were just about the launch or because he knew he was going to be bold and take her hand. I guess if his legs had not done that, I wouldn't have given it much thought. But now I am going, hmmmm
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Glad to see he is a Shamy fan! I was thinking about him watching the last episode and so went back and watched it again (season finale). I don't know if this was discussed in a past thread, but did anyone else notice that Sheldon has his legs moving in a nervous fashion before he holds Amy's hands and then they immediately settle down and don't move after? It is like once he took her hand he was calm. It makes me wonder if the nerves were just about the launch or because he knew he was going to be bold and take her hand. I guess if his legs had not done that, I wouldn't have given it much thought. But now I am going, hmmmm
We did discuss that! And we came to the same conclusion!

Just remember to edit your post instead of double posting. At least 24 hours has to pass before you can post again, unless someone posts after you. You can highlight what you want to quote and then just put [quote ] and [/quote ] (without those spaces) around it, just like on IMDB. If you accidentally double post, just copy and paste the 2nd post into the first (through editing the first post) and then put "DP" or "Double post" in the 2nd post.

Edit:
But going back to what you were talking about, I love that so much. It's like the contact with Amy has a calming effect on Sheldon. He's worried about Howard, to the point of needing some sort of physical contact (!?!?!?!) from Amy as reassurance. Sigh. It puts me on my Patented little loveboat.

If you want to see what we said, you can always go back to read old threads. The links are in the OP on page 1 ...I want to say that TLA was somewhere around the 45th thread or so...
Old 06-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Loyal Fan

#1 – Welcome to our wonderful and thought-provoking newcomers, Stardust and Sarah! We’re so thrilled to have you both here to talk Shamy with all of us!

Stardust: I saw your previous questions, and have to refer you back to looking at MK's answers. We don't double post here. If, after posting this, I want to add something to it in answer to something else another poster said, I'd hit "Reply with Quote" on the post I want to talk about, copy that text and then back out of the page, come back to my own post and click, "Edit Message," and then paste the text I just copied unto the tail end of my previous post. Then I'd start writing up my new answer.

That's just how things work here, and you seem like quite a clever sort, so you'll get the hang of things easily. Also, please note that the confusion you're facing now is the same confusion we ALL have in the very beginning when we get used to how FF operates. (It's totally weird, but it works, just give it some time to figure it out.)

Again, I am thrilled to have two new people on Team Shamy who seem to fit the general Shamy mold - thoughtful, verbose, intelligent, analytical and generally awesome. Welcome to what is, in my humble opinion, the most ragingly awesome shipper's port of the BBT fandom empire. (See what I did there? We're shippers. So it's like we have a ship. And ships dock in ports. It's like our ship is a BOAT and this part of fan forum is like a PORT where we DOCK our SHIP. Am I not, like, OMG, so like totally CLEVAH?! Do you think anyone else has ever stumbled onto that metaphor? )

Tra la! I almost need a .gif for that, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Lio's post
I was tempted to use the standing ovation gif but I refrained myself because I know Lio doesn't exactly love them.
You are so thoughtful! Thank you. My apologies for being the board's resident grouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn@atl (View Post)
However, I was wondering the same thing about the RA. I don't see how a 31 page agreement could be that well thought out, typed and printed in -what? -an hour's time? Didn't it take Sheldon an entire night to rewrite the Penny specific section of the roommate agreement? (Cannot for the life of me remember which episode it was, but I do remember that Sheldon was frustrated, threw the papers in the air and one actually landed on his neck.)
Quote:
I am so glad someone else noticed this as well. I kept thinking the same thing. It would take far more than an hour to just literally type out 31 pages, much less think up the content and the correct legal wording in an hour or so timeframe. We know that he left Stuart and Amy at the theatre when the movie was well under way so that means he must have already had something in the works to get it to her quickly.
Quote:
Having the RA ready to go immediately is another example. It would have taken several hours to write an agreement that long and yet he has it ready in minutes. This has to mean that he had been pondering it and already had parts written (most of it actually to get it ready in that quick of a turnaround time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahha (View Post)
I definitely agree that he had at least been pondering it, but what if he didn't have any of it written down (maybe out of fear of seeing it on paper?) and just had it logged up in that big, bulbous brain of his (with his eidetic memory and all)? Then once he realized how much he didn't want to see Amy with other men, he just churned it all out on paper?
Honestly, I think that the quickness with which Sheldon churned out, printed and bound the Relationship Agreement might be a case of the writers playing a little fast-and-loose with reality.

I can imagine, in the writer’s room, someone saying, “Can Sheldon really have pulled all of this together so quickly?” The answer being, “Um, he’s got an IQ of 187, can definitely type like the wind based on the amount of time he spends on his computer, particularly playing games, and is used to printing and binding together his various papers quickly because it’s part of his job. Sheldon probably cranks out enormous volumes of stuff all the time, so sure, it might be iffy, but I think we can get away with it. Besides, maybe he’s already been thinking of this stuff for awhile?”

I definitely buy that Sheldon can crank out an amazing amount of work in a very short period of time. He fashioned an entirely new Roommate Agreement for Leonard to sign after his altercation with Priya, and he fashioned an entirely new Penny-specific section of the Roommate Agreement when he thought Leonard and Penny had gotten back together. Both of those documents, by the looks of them, were extremely thick – probably around 50 pages or more. (The Penny-specific RA was in the start of Season 4, I think episode 7, called the Boyfriend Complexity, the one where Penny’s Dad comes to visit.)

Yet, creating both of those documents required Sheldon to pull an all-nighter. So I have trouble being sold on the idea that Sheldon created that whole document from scratch AFTER he asked Amy to be his girlfriend. Maybe he started working on it beforehand. Maybe he had already fashioned parts of it in his brain, mostly in his subconscious, and was able to put it to paper very quickly due to the fact that a part of him really had already started considering Amy as his girlfriend.

There’s plenty of evidence to support multiple theories, but I repeatedly lean towards the one where Sheldon has put some time into thinking about things before they actually happen, even if it’s just at a subconscious level. The episode with Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton, where Sheldon gets very upset that Leonard and others are “playing” with his “friend” (who is a girl), is right before the episode where we’re introduced to Amy. I keep going back to that and wondering if there was a part of Sheldon that was looking for a romantic entanglement, or pondering the idea in his own esoteric way, before Amy came along. I also look at the fact that, after Amy kissed him, we never heard him deny again that Amy was his girlfriend. He also made comments suggesting that Amy was his “woman” in conversation with Leonard without directly calling her his girlfriend. Also, Stuart and Amy went on more than one date, so their relationship lasted, perhaps, over the course of a few days to a week. Sheldon obviously started obsessing from the instant he found out Amy had accepted Stuart’s date up to the point he asked her out, so he had several days during which he was thinking of practically nothing but Amy, Stuart, and the dating situation before he screwed up the courage to hunt her down and ask her out. Sheldon can think at warp speed, and about more than one topic at a time as well. I can’t even imagine what and how much he was thinking of before he sat down to ask her out and frame that agreement.

So I have no idea. Was he thinking about asking Amy to be his girlfriend for awhile, or just when she accepted Stuart’s request for a date? Did he frame the Relationship Agreement weeks before he presented it to Amy, days before he presented it to Amy, or in the two hours between when he asked her out and when she came home? Did the writers put any effort into answering that question during their discussions of the episode, or did they kind sweep that one under the rug and note they could definitely explain everything away by Sheldon’s genius and singular talents if they had to?

Who knows. But if they are thinking they can do the latter, or trying not to think about it, it’s a borderline inconsistency in the writing considering how long it took to write up the Penny-specific and then Priya-inspired copies of the Roommate Agreement. In the long run, there’s no way to prove things either way – you’re just going to have to go with your gut on how you interpret the material and the characters.

“GOD!” The disgruntled and guilty writers are saying right now. “Are these fans our girlfriends or something?! They sure do nag us about these stupid details. Damn them! Writing is hard! It’s a situation comedy – that means we have to make up funny situations! Stop bugging us about plausibility and continuity, or we will cry.”

Quote:
How did he get in her apartment? They never addressed that either. I was very curious about that (although loved it because it shows how jealous he really was...wanting to make sure Stuart left immediately ) but I do wonder how he got in.
Ha. Talk about your borderline writing inconsistencies – I think it’s fairly well established that Sheldon has a strong understanding of locks. In the episode where Penny locks herself out of her apartment by inserting her car key into her door’s keyhole, Sheldon eloquently explains the difference between the locking system used by her car and that by her door. In the episode where Sheldon can’t find a solution to a physics problem, he easily breaks into a local restaurant to get into their ball pit, calling their 5 tumbler lock system “child’s play” to crack.

I sincerely doubt that there’s any door that could bar Sheldon Cooper from entering if he made up his mind that he wanted to get through it. While it would seem that Howard is the best hacker of the bunch, we’ve seen that Sheldon can keep Howard from hacking his computer when he wants to, and we’ve seen Sheldon can hack into all kinds of systems, government included, when he wants to as well. I have a feeling that breaking into Amy’s apartment was easy, and that that’s what Sheldon did. I don’t think he wanted to admit it, which is why he deflected Amy’s question about how he got in by making it about her nagging him and a reminder that she was now his girlfriend, which was the most important event on his mind and the one he wanted to get the conversation back on track about, but he definitely broke into her apartment.

The reason I see this as a writing inconsistency is due to the one time Sheldon got locked out of his own apartment, he didn’t even try to break back into it. He stayed at Penny’s place, even though he was homesick and didn’t like it. I think that the writers, again, asked themselves why Sheldon didn’t break back into his own place and stayed with Penny and the answer was – well, we want to write this scene forcing Sheldon and Penny together, because Sheldon and Penny scenes are awesome, so we’re going to ignore that particular talent of his for right now, and maybe we’ll come up with the excuse that it’s his own door and for some obscure ethical reason of his own or something he takes seriously in his lease, he’s not going to do any damage to the lock. Or something. Whatever, we want an excuse to throw him and Penny together, stop nagging us already and just go with it.

So that’s my answer – Sheldon is a genius who finds locks, security systems and otherwise mere child’s play to understand and therefore to break when it suits his purposes. Except when such knowledge would be inconvenient for plot purposes and then we’re going to fudge things a little bit and pretend he can’t break into his own apartment, or into Penny’s apartment. Or figure out how to open a toolbox.

I’ve now made the writers cry, and they are making the following excuses, “It’s funnier that way! Please just go with it! Stop nagging us about these teeny tiny details because you’re not our girlfriends! GAWD!” And then I imagine that they stomp their foot and run away to cry their big sweaty writer's tears into their big fluffy writer's pillows with the little rainbows and unicorns on them.

Writers - it's so fun to make them cry.

Last edited by Lionne; 06-25-2012 at 12:54 AM
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Lio - your post, as always

Rae - so glad to hear of your father's reaction, this is for both you and your dad. My father likes TBBT too, but he finds it hard to follow the dialogue (he's not good with deciphering the American accent) so I have to keep explaining to him when we watch together. He is pretty Sheldonesque himself, though, in many ways, so I think he feels a connection.