Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

The Cheesecake Factory (OT) #80: Because we are waiting for the Gilmore Girls Revival!

keep talking

~Susanne ~
Old 10-09-2016, 08:12 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Thanks Susanne!

A GG title!

I'm busy shipping couples these days. It's exhausting. I rematched McLeods daughters (as a distraction for the long TBBT summer hiatus) not too long ago and remembered just how badly I shipped Alex and Claire. Which resulted in reading fanfic, finding gifs etc etc.

Now I only just started watching Gilmore Girls once more last week and I'm fully back in a Luke/Lorelai shipping mood. Fan fiction, reading spoilers for the revival etc - the full package.

And of course now that TBBT has started up again, I'm getting back into the Shamy vibes.

It's exhausting. Too many ships at once. I hope I don't get any ideas and start rematching House M.D. Because if I throw in the Huddy as well I might just drop dead from multi shipping.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 10-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez (View Post)
I'm busy shipping couples these days. It's exhausting.
I need this on a T-shirt.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webuiltthepyramids (View Post)
i need this on a t-shirt.
Maybe I should wear one under my fancy blazer at work.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD

Last edited by Fez; 10-09-2016 at 09:44 AM
Old 10-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Or you could wear it on a baseball cap

~Susanne ~
Old 10-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Or you could wear it on a baseball cap
Nah, I'm already stretching the dress code for a human resource manager by wearing pastel pink highlights in my hair. I don't think a baseball cap would be a great idea. Although - I do have a blue cap with my company's logo on it. It's actually the only item of official "workwear" I have.

BTW, what do you guys all do for a living? I don't think I've ever asked. I know I seem to be the oldest here (I'll be 30 in three weeks) but you aren't all students still?

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 10-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Nope, I'm the only regular poster these days that's still a student!

You might actually be one of the younger posters here, I think, if you're still only 29. (What made you think you might be the oldest here?)

TFTNT BTW

Last edited by IcyBerry; 10-09-2016 at 11:20 AM
Old 10-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
BTW, what do you guys all do for a living? I don't think I've ever asked. I know I seem to be the oldest here (I'll be 30 in three weeks) but you aren't all students still?
ahem no you are not, I'm turning 50 next year

I work in a little publishing house, more precisely it's a division of one of the biggest organic-food association in Germany (Bioland) and we publish the members newspaper. But I'm not writing I'm in the adminsitration.

~Susanne ~
Old 10-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
ahem no you are not, I'm turning 50 next year

I work in a little publishing house, more precisely it's a division of one of the biggest organic-food association in Germany (Bioland) and we publish the members newspaper. But I'm not writing I'm in the adminsitration.
I did not know that! See, good thing I asked!

I remember 6 years ago on the house board I was one of the oldest already so I just assumed.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 10-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh I see

TBBT appeals to a very wide audience so you can really find people of all ages in the fandom
Old 10-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Oh I see

TBBT appeals to a very wide audience so you can really find people of all ages in the fandom
and thank God for that.

Although in my tumblr TBBT newsfeed there seem to be an awful lot of undergrad students.

Although I do follow this one genius ASOIAf fanfic writer on tumblr and she's 50 as well and has three sons who are barely younger than me so that evens things out.

The other night I was trying to start a conversation with my three youngest cousins on the GG revival and the youngest (who is also my goddaughter) had no idea what Gilmore Girls was about. Then I realized she wasn't born until season 2 aired.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 10-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
and thank God for that.

Although in my tumblr TBBT newsfeed there seem to be an awful lot of undergrad students.
Yeah, as far as online fandom/social media sites are concerned, you're more likely to find a lot of younger fans.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Fez
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Yeah, as far as online fandom/social media sites are concerned, you're more likely to find a lot of younger fans.
Will when I first registered here, I had never heard of Facebook. It didn't become popular in Germany until 2007. There were things like livejournal and myspace, both of which are nearly dead by now.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 10-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be 24 in a few months, I'm a guest service representative with Holiday Inn Express.

I'm also currently dealing with a sore throat, achy body and tender neck, 102F fever, and weird red splotches on my chest so I'm currently crossing my fingers and chanting "not strep not strep we're short at work not strep."

Old 10-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh no Nicole

Feel better soon Have some lemon honey tea.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread