Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

OK yes, perhaps you should wait a bit

~Susanne ~
Old 03-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

The thing about the X-files though is that it's not really about the relationship. I mean...yes it's easy to ship them and not much happens, but the show is really about the weird crap they're trying to solve.

And Roxanne, if you love Fringe, then you should have no problem loving TXF. I initially gave up on Fringe because I felt like it was just a redo of TXF, in fact.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

I had so much fun on twitter today. I was reading tweets and all the time I was thinking "oh yes" "oh right, I rembember" and "ah yes, those were the times". It was a great walk down the memory lane

I finished University in 1996 and right after that I got my first internet account (still at the university, my first account at home I got 2 years later) and I spent there night after night in the internet room. And I read a lot about the X-Files there and tons of Fanfictions. I remember that I printed some of them and I always felt guilty becasue those fics had so many pages and it was paper of the Universitys property

A lot of memories like that came back and was in a very reminiscent mood today

~Susanne ~
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
The thing about the X-files though is that it's not really about the relationship. I mean...yes it's easy to ship them and not much happens, but the show is really about the weird crap they're trying to solve.
But weird crap can be sad and stressful too! I mean a ton of Fringe or Criminal Minds episodes that aren't relationship focused still have messed me up.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

True. And TXF is nothing if not weird.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Yes and that whole mythology arc can mess you up big time

~Susanne ~
Old 03-25-2015, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

So the real question, TXF fans, is are you a mythology fan or a moster-of-the-week fan?

(Mythology all the way!)
Old 03-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

I loved the mythology but sometimes a MOTW episode once in a while was very refreshing

~Susanne ~
Old 03-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

I mean...does it get any better than "Bad Blood"???
Old 03-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mythology - definitely mythology.

Susanne - don't feel too bad. I printed those fics on company paper. My favorites are The Magician series and Blinded by White Light I have both of those on my Kindle. One of the reasons I got a Kindle was for fanfiction.

Nicole - as much as I'd love to for you to get into TXF, and I think you'd be ok in the first season, it gets pretty emotionally draining in the second season, even though there really isn't an official relationship. Everything turns out ok, but there is serious loss and fear of loss before it all works out. So if you're feeling more chill in the summer, go for it. But after all of the Vega drama, you might want to exercise caution.

"Bad Blood"???? TXF meets The Vampire Diaries!!

~Heidi
Old 03-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

Susanne - don't feel too bad. I printed those fics on company paper. My favorites are The Magician series and Blinded by White Light I have both of those on my Kindle. One of the reasons I got a Kindle was for fanfiction.:
I think I read them too, but didn't print them anymore, but I think I somewhere still have discs with Fanfics on it The one I printed were "Never for You" and "12 Degrees of Sepration"

Quote:
Exactly

~Susanne ~
Old 03-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

Susanne - don't feel too bad. I printed those fics on company paper. My favorites are The Magician series and Blinded by White Light I have both of those on my Kindle. One of the reasons I got a Kindle was for fanfiction.

Nicole - as much as I'd love to for you to get into TXF, and I think you'd be ok in the first season, it gets pretty emotionally draining in the second season, even though there really isn't an official relationship. Everything turns out ok, but there is serious loss and fear of loss before it all works out. So if you're feeling more chill in the summer, go for it. But after all of the Vega drama, you might want to exercise caution.

My favorite exchange of all TXF!

Scully: He had big, buck teeth?
Mulder: He had a slight overbite
Scully: *scoffs* and that's significant??? How?
Mulder: I'm just trying to be thorough...

The episode is largely composed of mulder and scully telling their sides of the story and it's hilarious to see how they view things differently.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

Yes their storys did differ a lot

Oh and do you remember the hiatus between "This is not happening" and "Dead Alive". That was the longest waiting period EVER!

~Susanne ~
Old 03-26-2015, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Yes their storys did differ a lot

Oh and do you remember the hiatus between "This is not happening" and "Dead Alive". That was the longest waiting period EVER!
Gosh, yes! That was so hard.

~Heidi
Old 03-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

My favorite non-funny ep(s) is Redux and Redux II. Gah, the suspense of it all! That was the very first ep I watched because of all the hype surrounding the end of season 4. memories...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread