Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2016, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

yeah the kid in problem child was annoying as heck! i wonder what he is doing these days?

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Another Jason? Doing nothing.....
Old 11-27-2016, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Sixth Sense was such an awesome movie! But after it, everybody expected M. Knight Shamalammaadingdong to do the same tricky ending - I don't think he ever had quite such a successful movie again.

Oh that OC girl was on DWTS and she was so awful - just so droopy and lazy and I don't care about anything (which is the opposite of people on Dancing with the Stars, who work hard and really want it and care so much/want to win it) - she really put people off, and got voted off straight away (which she was probably just as happy about).

Ben Mackenzie from OC has done well. He did that police show, and now he's on Gotham and having a baby with the gorgeous Marina Bacarin from Firefly.

Oh, I finally saw a movie! Mlette and I went to see 'Arrival.' Which hasn't really gotten a lot of press or promotion or attention. Mr ML had gone himself and really liked it, and I thought it sounded intriguing - like that Star Trek Next Gen episode when Captain Picard tries to communicate with an alien race (one of my all time favorite/most memorable episodes - I was straining my brain trying to figure it out along with him)... Amy Adams is in it and Jeremy Renner (kind of unbelievable playing a smart scientist, as he doesn't strike me as a particularly bright man) and Forrest Whittaker with the funny eye and odd accent as an Army man - some odd casting but they all did a good job -

It's not a whiz bang sci-fi movie, but more a cerebral thoughtful interesting sci-fi movie about trying to communicate with aliens who arrive in ships that look like big black watermelons on end (while the entire world is freaking out and rioting and whatever we usually do when anything happens). It was exciting and suspenseful and, like Sixth Sense, ultimately fairly mind-blowing! Whoosh! Mind was blown. Really liked it.

We have 'Creed' the new/old Rocky movie where Rocky is the trainer training a young fighter, from Netflix. So far nobody has any interest in watching it. I offered to send it back but Mlette wants to see it, and I'm sure, once we have a few hours to sit down and watch it, it'll probably be good.

I missed most of the 80s movies as that's when my kids were born and, well, I missed the 80s!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-28-2016, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

My hubby and I want to watch Arrival. Would you say it's a theatre movie or can you watch it on a regular tv? Like Inception was a theatre movie because of all the effects...is Arrival like that or is a lot of talking?

We liked Creed! It was really well done! My hubby loved the camera angles and of course the story.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-28-2016, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

great movie tips guys! That sci fi ones sounds like one I would love. Same with Creed I loved the first Rocky and some of the others and Rocky 5 glad to be reminded of Creed. Now I want to see that Star Trek eppie

Yea I want to know that too keepsmiling

Emily and I watched the new Gilmore Girls eppeis on Net Flix Saturday. We really enjoyed it. It was so so sweet to see it with her since we loved that show and watched it together. At least all the eppies before she went to college then I would tape them for her. She was in tears at the end more for the nostalgia of being young and home with mom taking care of her and not all the "grown up life" stuff. She and I realize once she has kids life really changes so we are going to try to be intentional about spending more time together which of course takes an effort when you live away from each other.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the GG reboot Aubrey came over Saturday and we watched the 3rd and 4th episodes I'm sad it's over now, AGAIN.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

I want to see those Gilmore Girls, too! Mlette and I watched them together and she and I are so like Rory and Lorelei (and my mother so like the mean grandmother...)

She and I watched 'Creed' tonight while Mr ML had poker night with the guys - I thought it was an huge snore, but then I hate boxing, and between Rocky mumbling and all the black guys talking.. well, I missed a lot of what they were saying. Should have put on the captions. And then they were beating each other to a pulp. I kept thinking about the camera man, and how he had to avoid getting punched! So if you're thinking about the camera angles/camera man, it's probably not a great movie. It had a lot of buzz and I think Oscar nomination, and Michael B. Jordan is such a good actor (but really slightly built to be a boxer - he piled on the muscles, like Jason did for Skinwalkers, but both really slender guys). Oh well, boxing has different weight classes. I really hate boxing - it's a brutal and stupid 'sport.' And Mr ML, who likes fighting in movies, didn't want to watch it at all. Go figure.

Looking forward to 'Finding Dory' coming out and "Florence Foster Jenkins' much more my speed.

I asked Mr ML and he (and I) think you can enjoy 'Arrival' at home renting it, not a whiz bang special effect movie best seen at the theater. It was really good!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

I've only seen a few episodes of the original Gilmore Girls!

Finding Dory is great. I loved it! So cute and funny and such a feel good movie. I'm a big fan of Ellen DeGeneres

I went to see A United Kingdom last week. It's about the first president of Botswana and his (white) English wife. It's a true story, and basically was about how hard it was for them to be together. The UK government did everything in their power to stop them. It ended happily though!
Old 12-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Lisa I won't spoil ML with the ending of GGs but don't you think that ending calls for more eppies?

Yea boxing is bazaar but I loved Rocky I just a great story plus of course being in Philly I related to it even more.

When you get time....some day ....Ekua watch Gilmore Girls you would like it for sure but watch from the beginning.

Would finding Dory be good for my grandkids?....they still haven't been to an actual theater...they are both scary about upsetting things but getting better. Podad and I want to take them to one. Hopefully finding Dory will still be around when we get it together to do that.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

The new 'Trolls' movie looks cute for kids too (don't know if anything scary happens - oh wait, don't some evil giants like to EAT the trolls? Never mind that one!!)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Finding Dory is not scary at all.....probably more sad! (well from an adult point of view ).

But...Finding Dory has been out in ages....I don't think it's still in theaters?

Trolls looks fun too! Most people going to see it here are with little kids
Old 12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Podmom, i read a lot of articles after watching GG and it doesn't look like they will be making anymore...but i don't want to say never...

Probably gonna watch Arrival this Sunday.

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

I thought they were making a whole new GG series.....?
Old 12-09-2016, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

From their interviews, I don't know...I hope so!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

So it was just a few episodes?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread