Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 06:12 AM
Addicted Fan

KBs # $6.52: A bevy of Emus. No? How bout a bodaciousness of Behrs? Done!

God that title sux.

Meh, what are ya gonna do.

For those of you wondering what a bodaciousness of Behrs is, I stole it off the JOF thread, it was the lovely Myrna's idea so all credit for originality must go to her.

Anyhoo Bobby McBehrs, post away!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Had to come by and take a bow for my 15 min of fame with the KB's. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I didn't know KB was the Oz thread [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] thought it was some obscure group of shippers perhaps (Katherine and.. Barney?)

And not to be unprepared, I reviewed the end of last thread.

Yes, I was amazed that a woman I went to college with, math/econ double major, president of the chorus, completely brilliant woman - turned into a simpering brain is mush "I don't know what" (?Jessica Simpson) when her boyfriend came to visit! It was sickening. She married him too, so I suppose has been in a perpetual state of mush-for-brains ever since.

Very hard to find a compatible couple for the couples thing, usually like her/hate him, or vice versa.

I think all those things in the emu/ostrich family are very cute (phobias aside) - of course I've only seem them from a distance (and on telephone commercials :> ). We drove by a little ranch that was raising them in Florida - NOT something you see everyday, at least in those parts! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Back to my regularly scheduled threads! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Oh, came back to say I like the shabby genius look of Peter Jackson and that even in Armani or whatever, he can manage to look messy and casual. He is who he is.

This Japanese director Shimizu seems like a similar sort, busier with creative ideas than with personal appearance. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] There's a reason why some people are in front of the cameras, and some behind them!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey ML

Gosh, you make us famous Sarz. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And I thought the title was cute.

Cute wasn't what you were going for. Cute doesn't suit your hair colour. I don't care. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of poor love behaviour....My friends are under strict instructions to slap me upside the head if I get to the 'but I'm single I must have a boyfriend stage' and pick a real idiot just so I'm not 'all alone'. They're also under strict instructions to slap me upside the head if I become a different person because of a man. Auughhh I hate it when that happens.

Of course, if that happens I won't be listening to my friends anyway I guess. Can't listen to wisdom while determined to be an idiot. hehe
Old 03-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey ML, that was the whole of the last thread in a nutshell... that is kinda scary you know! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mezzie, I'll get on a plane and slap you myself if you go into that stage of behaviour! I will, don't tempt me! And if I can't get on a plane, I'm prank calling you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My best friend is getting to the stage that she's really starting to think of becoming a nun. I truly can't understand it: she's intelligent, very lovely (both inside and out) and if I was a bloke, I'd go her, but for some reason, she's getting no where with the men. I just don't get it! It was funny yesterday, we did the whole "Let's go shopping" girly kind of thing and we ended up at this strange little music store in Bourke Street, looking for punk albums to add to her collection. Anyway, we were the only girls in there (maybe it's a boy thing to listen to punk?) and she was getting all types of looks (well, so was I, in that 'what's the stick for?' way) BUT do you think anyone made small talk with her? NOPE. Have we all turned into social spastics that can't speak to anyone in the off chance that the person we chose to speak to will tell us to "F OFF"? God, I'm sounding like Carrie Bradshaw, but what is wrong with the world? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DanieTreg:
<STRONG>
Mezzie, I'll get on a plane and slap you myself if you go into that stage of behaviour! I will, don't tempt me! And if I can't get on a plane, I'm prank calling you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>My best friend is getting to the stage that she's really starting to think of becoming a nun. I truly can't understand it: she's intelligent, very lovely (both inside and out) .....</STRONG>
Now now Danie, nuns are nice people too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (what! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I am so NOT deliberately misquoting) Even Sarz was a nun at one stage. I definitely remember her telling the story. (Mind you, I think it was more to discover what she could hid under the habit than anything else, but still.... )

ok I'm off on hols, see you next week bobs.... [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 06:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey MyrnaLynne [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I went to Sydney the other day and yes it turned out to be the frelling hottest day we've had in ages. Went to this shop i go to occasionally which usually has more male customers than female (ok that sounds bad but its not what you think [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )it was a game shop, anyway the only person who talked to me was the female owner of the shop who actually remembered me from previous visits to the shop [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 03-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

I don't know if dating was ever easy (not that I have any wide experience to base my opinion on!), but young people just don't seem to date as much anymore, or socialize in these vague group things. I know my two 20somethings are fairly social-life free, as far as the opposite sex anyway. (A mother worries! Although I suppose better than the alternative! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

Maybe the world has just gotten so scary, people don't even risk talking to each other anymore. Or maybe everybody is so tuned into their own personal ipod, cellphone, little world, they aren't even aware of anybody around them?

Anyway, sympathies with anybody trying to hook up with anybody else these days.

I bet you can meet people in LA - it's the only place I've been where there is so much eye contact, because everybody is there hoping to be discovered, and everybody is checking everybody else out, just in case anybody is 'somebody' who might be discovering them. Then again, everybody you meet there is supposed to be a big phony so.. no advice on finding a man! (I picked mine up at the gas station!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Extreme Fan

ML, well I met mine on the internet... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] How embarressing! Kinda funny really... he found a link to our message board and we got talking... by the time we met in person, we knew each other! By the second date, we were together! And it's been a year now!

I can't understand why you can't seem to meet anyone in your own state! When I was single, I'd pick up men on holidays and then nothing again when I got home! You're supposed to meet men through friends, but what if you don't have any friends that have single mates?

I picked up my first real boyfriend at the tram stop! Strange how things happen...
Old 03-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh ladies, we're back on the depressing topic of men and their stupidity.

Well I got nothing to prove otherwise, so sit back and enjoy these tales of woe in the ongoing saga that is my romantic life:

1. I'm in Phillip Island, having a little rest on a park bench after being at the pub for the last 6 hrs. My friend is stuck talking to some guy who will not leave us alone, and, as luck would have it, this charming young man comes up to me, proffering a brown paper bag under my nose, asking "Would you like a Terry?" I have no idea what a 'terry' is, and it's quite dark so I peer into the bag, and politely ask, "I'm sorry, but what's a terry?" Does he tell me? Noooooo, he just jiggles the bag further under my nose and says, "Do you want one or not?" Now I begin to think this guy is a little funky, so I politely decline with a sincere, "No thank you." To which he replies with the immortal line, "Fine, go and ***** yourself then," and storms off. Charming.
(I later found out a 'terry' is a Philly Island delicasy, it's a teryaki flavoured chicken nugget. Very tasty, but not worth *****ing myself over.

2. Nice girl (me. what? I'm nice! Well I am!) meets hot guy at club. Boy seems interested. Girl is definitely interested. Boy asks girl if her breasts are real. Girl asks boy if his dick is real. Boy says, you know I really don't like you. Girl says, Oh, and it was going so well, I really wanted a Spring wedding. Boy walks off. Girl busts out laughing.

3. Sarzy gives up on all men. Seeks hamster for stimulating company.

Sigh. It's a tragic state of affair, no?

Oh and ML--Welcome! The KBs have snared yet another unsuspecting Yankee Doodle into our demented clutches. The vegemite sandwiches are on me.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah....new thread with a sucky title...good job Sarz.....hey you lured ML on with it...I'm agog! ML Katherine and Barney? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] See that's why you're a treasure who else would have that kind of insight? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Mezz I hope you're off having a great Holiday..we'll miss you....and a truer sentence was never written than this &gt; and I quote "Of course, if that happens I won't be listening to my friends anyway I guess. Can't listen to wisdom while determined to be an idiot. hehe" But then we have learned to expect brilliance from you miss Mezz

interesting listening to the boy talk......agressive girls get the guys cause boys are kinda like birds.. they'll follow something shiny that tells them what to do.....I know that sounds bad...and I'm generalizing terribly but have you ever noticed how many nice boys/men are with bossy/selfish types.....and sweet girls/women are with cold agressive guys.....just find a nice one and go after him...the worst case scenario is you could feel awkward for a bit.Practice being 50 and not giving a rip [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sarz the *paper bag looser* ! ....no more looking in strange dudes paper bags ever young lady! What a sicko....you're lucky to have made it out alive! Now #2 encounter made us all proud to be Sarz worshippers .........what ever happened to young church/basketball boy?

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Danie and Kender...
Old 03-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

You do meet the winners, sarzy - gawd knows if you'd put your hand into that bag, what this loser could've had in there - some severed limb from his mate Terry perhaps? Don't you hate people who, when you ask them to clarify, just keep repeating the same thing over and over rather than explaining (sometimes they repeat it louder). Probably the only 3-4 words they know, so they can't help it.

LOL, snappy comeback to the guy inquiring about the genuineness of the breasts!! Can't believe how rude people can be.

I always think of those snappy comebacks about 3 weeks later. Obnoxious guy (total stranger) at the FF party hanging hopefully outside the VIP door waiting to get a glimpse of the Roswell cast said "Why don't you unbutton your blouse and flash the guards and distract them, so I can sneak in." Snappy comeback I didn't have ready "Why don't you unzip your pants and flash the guard - maybe he's gay?" What a wanker.

Daniel former FF PTB Goldenboy met his wife Angela online - they are happily married and now have a bouncing baby Goldenbabyboy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I agree, you really get to see into the mind and heart of a person online (unless of course they are a pathological liar with an assumed identity...). You get to know the inner person first, where if you meet them in the usual way, you may never know the inner person. Been married to Mr ML 25 years in May and haven't a clue what's going on in there! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Poddy, church boy decided to succumb to peer pressure and chose to stay away from me due to my 'bad influence' Psh. Damn fundamentalists.

I am a big advocate of internet romance. I met my ex boyfriend online, and we were together for nearly a year. Recently I've been thinking of joining RSVP.com.au and trying my luck in the online dating scene. (I've never really made a concerted effort, I met my ex in a Foo Fighters chatroom [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

I've checked out the site and there are some real hotties there, so fingers crossed ol' sarzy can find one!

Kender come out please, you've gone all quiet!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Other than the whole: "Show us your ****" "show us your brain" conversation stopper that I usually use, here is the story of the best (worst?) pick up line Danie has ever received (Sarz you'd laugh if you knew who I was talking about... it's the older brother of someone we both know - think Channel Ten):

*cue drum roll*

I'd just been to see Manchester United play at the MCG and I was in one of my 'I hate men, they should all die' moods. Anyway, I went with a friend of Mum's and her son (brother of someone who know Sarzy) and of course, bowing to peer pressure, I was a "Pom" for the night and cheered for the boys in red. Anyway, the son and I were walking across the bridge back to the Tennis Centre and he was chatting away about relationships. So I'm crapping on about this guy that I hated since he'd done the whole 'I don't like you but I like your friend' rubbish and I sounded rather jaded. Then, out of the blue he says "Are you a lesbian Danie?" and I replied "No" and then he says "Great! Wanna date?"

*CAAAAAAAARRRRR CHHHHHHINNNGGGGGGG!*

What the? Guys are weird...

But mind you, I have used the "Sorry, but I'm a Lesbian" thing in many a nightclub, but sadly, that makes matters worse. 'Coz they wanna watch. OH DEAR.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Oooh I know him? The plot thickens! There are so many wankers at Ten, it may take some time for me to wade thru them!

The whole lesbian loving fascination by males is so ironically insane, it's laughable. Every woman knows that a true lesbian wants nothing to do with a man sexually, so what's with dudes thinking that if he comes across 2 lesbians going at it, they will invite him to join in?!?!

Crazy.

Dan, I've pm'ed you, you know what about....
Old 03-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

lol... I got you Sarzy!!! hehehehehehe replying to pm in a sec...

Had a bloody awful day at work yesterday. I have this strange little German man that comes in every Sunday and we usually have a nice ol' chat about life and yesterday, no only did he gang up on me with another customer, but he made a bad comment: "I guess you're not coming in next week as you're too busy making babies"...

Since I'm a woman and I'm at 'that age of thinking about marriage and babies' (apparently), he made a gross personal statment about me. What if I'd tried to have a baby and I miscarried, or I couldn't have any at all, he would have no idea about my personal life, so who is he to judge? I was so upset about this that I cried like a baby all the way home in the car. What an invasion of privacy! I've dobbed him into management and I have the right to walk away when he comes in next Sunday. I told my manager that it took every fibre of my being not to tell him to go forth and multiply. He laughed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm also thinking of changing the name on my badge as I'm sick of people thinking that they know me, just becasue they know my name... For the first few years at Myer, we had to wear our full name (including surname) and after the sixth time someone made a comment, I got a new badge. Seems everyone in Melbourne knows my Dad! ARGH!

Anyway, another day in the s**thole. Great, bring it on!