Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

A condom restaurant!?

Sorry you have to pull up stakes in Thailand and go back home Ekua before you were ready.

Thought of you this weekend, saw a 'House Hunter International' where this great tall blond guy was going to teach English in Yangon, Myanmar (which I liked much better when it was called Rangoon, Burma, plus I could spell it) and how scarce housing is there, because of them opening up and people moving there, and you have to pay your whole year's rent in advance Interesting to see, and thought of you just being there!

Safe travels!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome home to Scotland Ekua big s for the move and everything. Sending lots of love and best wishes

Hi everyone.... been a busy few days sorry to be so MIA

Fun thing I did was go to Emily's cake tasting. We took Anna Lee(6yrs and a future flower girl) with us and she had such a ball....as did her dolls.... the house of this cake making woman was extraordinary. An old school done over SO well . The giant kitchen she bakes in was like a movie set. The whole house was. ML will have seen a few pix on FB. Very sweet time...pun intended
Old 02-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

ohhh cake tasting. that sounds fun! and her house i imagine like those old big kitchen in like italy...like that?

oh was the tall blonde guy single myrnalynne?

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yum yum cake testing!

Sorry for being MIA too - I was trying to finish a course (finished on Friday, yayyy) plus I'm moving soon. Plus my The 100 board is swamped right now because the show is on air!

Old 02-23-2016, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

i figured you were in the 100 board.

when are you moving? and yay is this the autocad course?

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yes nothing like going to a beautiful house and eating 4 different cakes The kitchen was HUGE and did seem rather European. I giant giant island in the middle with a granit top. Over the sink area was this tile I guess it was that actually looked guilded ...it was so gold...not is a shiny way but in a classy old world amazing way. In the hall between her real kitchen ( not the studio baking giant kitchen) and her living room was this floor made of old brick ( she didn't know why the school had that) on the ceiling above the brick area she had all these beautiful paper umbrellas hanging upside down. I've seen that in magazines but not RL. She had gold colored forks to eat the cake from and you should have seen Anna Lees eyes when she saw them. Of course she had never seen gold silver ware and thought they were real gold.

Emily took some home to Robbie and let him help decide.....kinda she picked the pink champagne cake. Pink cake...very light and delicious with a raspberry jam type filling between the layers that she makes herself. You should see the amazing sugar flowers she makes to decorate with..they look SO real. SInce it is a summer wedding the fruity light cakes seem the way to go. The other contender was a lime( mojito) cake....Anna Lee liked that one the best. It was a tough call they both were so tasty.

I'm thinking about you Ekua
Old 02-24-2016, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

ohhh did she allow to take pictures of her kitchen? sounds lovely!!

mmmm pink rasberry cake, sounds delish!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-24-2016, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Wow PodMom that place sounded elegant with a capital E! Pink raspberry light cake sounds perfect for a summer wedding. Yum! LOL about Anna Lee;;s eyes and the gold silverware.

LOL, nice to pretend the fiance guy has any say in anything, at least until after the wedding!

Vacatia glad your course is finished and glad your 100 board is busy! And moving to another place too! That's such a big job...

Hope Ekua is settling in, back in Scotland (and not too freezing cold)!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh that sounds nice Podmom!

Yup Aubrey it was AutoCAD....goodbye to it! And I'm moving on Tuesday...I'm already exhausted thinking about it. I've moved so much

Old 02-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Cake tasting sounds awesomecPodmom! I'm sure I'd like that!

Well done on finishing your course Lisa And good luck for the big move! Hope it all goes smoothly.

I'm home and it's freezing!!! below freezing. And the heating in my parents old college is broken so extra cold! it has been sunny though...so guess that's something. I've been busy with interviews for teaching courses and seeing friends. It's nice to be home in a way but in others it's not....it's just a really ********y situation.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Sending warm thoughts your way Ekua sorry you're freezing with broken heat! And having to find a new job in a hurry too.

Hang in there, sweetie, and bundle up in all those nice Scottish woolens!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Elite Fan

Ekua I hope spring comes early for Scotland this year and I hope just the right job for your special skills opens up for you as well as strength in being there for your mom and dad

Remember some of us would love to be in Scotland xxoo hang in there dear heart.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Sexy 'Outlander' cover on 'Entertainment Weekly' - makes Scotland look pretty good!

I'm reading a Kate Carlisle 'bookbinder' mystery that's set in Edinburgh right now too.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

MY daughter loves Outlander...I almost finished the first one but way to violent with weird sex stuff...it wore me out. I might check out the TV show or is it a movie..anyway Emily says the lead guy is really appealing.

Sounds good ML
Old 03-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys! I've been MIA this week because I moved and it was kind of awful And I'll be gone all of next week. Just in case anybody is wondering! I should be back to posting regularly after the 15th

Closed Thread   Post New Thread