Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2019, 08:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
It finally dropped below freezing and my outdoor plants died. It snowed today in the middle of the day. So of course my students were freaking out. I said you have 10 seconds to flip out over the snow and get it out of your system. Loudest 10 seconds of my life.

Matt Damon this weekend.. Ford vs Ferrari. Can't wait.
Your outdoor plants lasted longer than mine but you also said it just now hit below freezing. Also is it possible to have longer than 10 seconds? I don't think I'd have it out of my system by then

Ironically, we're going with Crown Vic this weekend... Cop killer - Crime Drama before THE Cop Killer - Crime drama. So I guess we'll see how that plays out.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Awesome news about your brother! Congrats!

There’s a CBD shop in Frisco, that is really great. A friend of mine had her wellness business in their space for awhile, now she’s next door. One of the owners has a child that’s friends with baby minion’s friend... anyway.. we got to talking at a birthday party and they are super uber picky about the CBD. They sell. They have some products online. They are doing great, they are opening a second location. Their website is https://www.artisticorganics.com/ if you want to see what they have. They won’t buy from any resources that can’t provide tests and reports for purity and quality, etc.

It was 28 this morning, but the streets were warm enough that none of the sleet stuck or caused any issues. They did delay school this morning. They have to make that call at like 3am... so I guess it was still questionable then? Everything was dry when I took OM to school at 9. But oh so cold!!

A, y’all just leave the faucets uncovered? They don’t freeze? If they don’t freeze up there, we probably don’t really need them here.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That's so exciting. I hope you get a niece or nephew soon... lol. Being an aunt is the best job in the world. You get to be a mom/sister/friend with half the responsibility.

Matt Damon this weekend.. Ford vs Ferrari. Can't wait.
I'm excited to see Ford v. Ferrari, but I don't know if it can make me go to the theater. I'm horrible.

The future niece/nephew is definitely what I'm most looking forward to. Everyone is always asking me if I feel pressure that he's serious and will be getting married before me or having kids before me (we're two years apart)...and yeah, no. The older I get the more I question whether or not I really want kids so her having kids to take the pressure off me and give my parents a grandchild Is a relief, actually. The only part I'm kind of bummed about is that she was married before, kind of young and never had kids, and they're just closing on a house so they're tight on cash so I don't know if they're actually going to have a wedding or just do a courthouse thing and then we'll do a party here or her family will do something in New York. I don't know.

I've never had a problem with my outside faucets freezing here or up at our cottage, though at the cottage we have a heated outside shower and we turn the water off to that pipe in the winter...but at home where it's equally as cold, no, never covered them, never had an issue. But maybe us northerners have different codes that have to be adhered to with plumbing and they're better insulated? I have no idea...

I took today off to get up to our cottage to see exactly what was going on up there because the water has been so high there's been some damage to our sea wall and the high water has been washing out the land behind the wall but you can see here that this tree is all frozen from the waves coming up and hitting it....the sea wall is like six to eight feet tall and that tree is about ten feet back. The waves must have been huge.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Today is Baby Minion’s Birthday! He is 12!
Old 11-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Today is Baby Minion’s Birthday! He is 12!
Happy Birthday to him!!! Doing anything special??
Old 11-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Happy Birthday to him!!! Doing anything special??
We went to the Texas History Museum and they have some great exhibits right now. Saw Apollo 11 at the imax, and went to the Blanton museum of art to check out the medieval monsters exhibit running right now. We all got bundtlets from nothing bundt cakes... his favorite! He said it was a great birthday!
Old 11-15-2019, 02:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
We went to the Texas History Museum and they have some great exhibits right now. Saw Apollo 11 at the imax, and went to the Blanton museum of art to check out the medieval monsters exhibit running right now. We all got bundtlets from nothing bundt cakes... his favorite! He said it was a great birthday!
Awwww that sounds like a great birthday indeed! Also Happy day late birthday Baby Minion!

On a Random off the bat question... and I'm sorry if it's over the top (Free to say no or not answer) Does anyone have an Instagram or FB? If it's okay to become friends that is. If it's been asked before, Or if it's not allowed I'm sorry... Was just curious
Old 11-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy birthday to the little one. Sounds like a great birthday!

I don't really use Facebook (much) but I have no problem posting my IG..https://www.instagram.com/amanda_marie_19/
Old 11-16-2019, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

@suthrnsweetietx = IG
Old 11-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was going to say too, I don't spend a ton of time on my personal IG much either. Obviously the Taylor fan account I run is @yourdailykistch across all social media (minus Facebook).
Old 11-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Happy Birthday Baby Minion! I hope it was a good one.

I'm really locked down on my social media because I am a teacher. I don't post all that often anyhow. I'm more of a snooper.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I started watching the new season of The Crown this morning before I had some stuff I had to do this afternoon. I randomly sent a tweet about it which has dominated my notifications today...so I guess others feel the same...for me it was a really rough transition from Claire Foy to Olivia Coleman. That seems odd to say considering Olivia is so great, I just thought Claire embodied the Queen so so well. This season just has a different feel...by the end of episode 3 I was getting into it a little more but I miss Claire so much.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’ve had the best time the past five days! A friend from HS had an event in Austin Thursday-Sunday, and he’s been staying with us since Wednesday. OMG! We’ve had sooo much fun! I’m sad he’s leaving.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I’ve had the best time the past five days! A friend from HS had an event in Austin Thursday-Sunday, and he’s been staying with us since Wednesday. OMG! We’ve had sooo much fun! I’m sad he’s leaving.
Sad that he's leaving but happy to hear you enjoyed yourself (you've been working so hard lately - you deserved some fun).
Old 11-18-2019, 09:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I started watching the new season of The Crown this morning before I had some stuff I had to do this afternoon. I randomly sent a tweet about it which has dominated my notifications today...so I guess others feel the same...for me it was a really rough transition from Claire Foy to Olivia Coleman. That seems odd to say considering Olivia is so great, I just thought Claire embodied the Queen so so well. This season just has a different feel...by the end of episode 3 I was getting into it a little more but I miss Claire so much.
Interesting to hear ... I love Claire Foy too. I haven't started watching yet but I'll let you know what I think when I do.

I'm also interested to see how Helen Bonham Carter does in the Princess Margaret role. The actress who played her in Seasons 1/2 (her name escapes me at the moment) played her character very well. I'm wondering if there will be a loss in the transition.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread