Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Christopher MacKenzie [Only The Brave] Thread #6 Because Taylor Brings A Wildness And Humor That Draws You In

Welcome to the [Granite Mountain Hotshots] Thread #6

Scheduled release: October 20, 2017

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Quote:
Jeff Bridges, Taylor Kitsch Join Josh Brolin-Miles Teller Firefighter Film (EXCLUSIVE)

Jeff Bridges and Taylor Kitsch have rounded out the ensemble cast for Black Label Media’s untitled firefighter film that currently stars Josh Brolin, Miles Teller and James Badge Dale.

Black Label will also continue its strong partnership with Lionsgate, which now has worldwide distribution rights, including North America, through its Summit Entertainment label. This news comes on the heels of the project’s strong international sales at the Cannes Film Festival.

Lionsgate seemed like the obvious home for the project given Black Label’s strong ties to the studio following the success of “Sicario” and the upcoming Ryan Gosling-Emma Stone musical “La La Land.”

“Tron: Legacy” helmer Joseph Kosinski will direct the film, which follows the Granite Mountain Hotshots, a group of firefighters that faced one of the deadliest wildfires in history in order to save an Arizona town, resulting in the tragic death of 19 crew members. Kitsch and Bridges will play firefighters in the pic.

Ken Nolan developed the story on spec with the producers.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Erik Howsam, Conde Nast Entertainment’s Jeremy Steckler and Dawn Ostroff, Mike Menchel, Black Label Media’s Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill are producing the film. Black Label is financing.

Di Bonaventura also has “Deep Water Horizon” on the pipeline with Lionsgate.

Kitsch most recently appeared in HBO’s second season of “True Detective” opposite Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams. He is about to make his directorial debut with “Pieces,” which he will also star in. He’s also attached to topline “The Death and Life of John F. Donovan” with Jessica Chastain.

He is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.

Bridges is coming off strong reviews following the premiere of his heist film “Hell or High Water” at Cannes. He is repped by CAA and MGMT Entertainment.

Black Label Media’s Molly Smith, Thad Luckinbill and Trent Luckinbill have several other high-profile projects in production/pre-production, including writer/director Danny Strong’s “Rebel in the Rye,” starring Nicholas Hoult and Kevin Spacey. They recently signed a first look, two-year deal with ABC Signature and ABC Studios.
Jeff Bridges, Taylor Kitsch Join Firefighter Movie | Variety

Quote:
Jeff Bridges & Taylor Kitsch Answer Call For Brolin-Teller Firefighter Pic

Jeff Bridges and Taylor Kitsch joined the cast of the untitled firefighter pic financed by Black Label Media that already has Josh Brolin, Miles Teller and James Badge Dale attached. The film tells the story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, a group of firefighters who in 2013 lost 19 members while battling the Yarnell Hill Fire. Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy) is set to direct, and Ken Nolan developed the story. It’s produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Erik Howsam, Jeremy Steckler of Conde Nast Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, Mike Menchel, Black Label Media’s Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill. Lionsgate will be distributing the film worldwide through its Summit Entertainment banner.
Black Label’s Firefighter Biopic Adds Jeff Bridges & Taylor Kitsch | Deadline

The screenplay is based on this article: The Granite Mountain Hotshots Yarnell Fire Investigation | No Exit | GQ.com

CAST

Jeff Bridges...Duane Steinbrink
Josh Brolin...Eric Marsh
Taylor Kitsch...Christopher MacKenzie
Miles Teller...Brendan McDonough
Jennifer Connelly...Amanda Marsh

Andie MacDowell...Marvel Steinbrink

Old 03-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Wade Parker does look like Ricky Schroeder.

So that's interesting that run was the first shot they did as a group. Taylor does look a little more buff there.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Don't forget it's MY hockey team. ahahahahah

Taylor's timing when he says, "Shut up!" is so perfect.

Brendan in the running scene was a bit ridiculous.

Taylor looks so hot leaning up against that building.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I wonder which guy it was that Josh punished by making him stay in his shelter for 20 minutes.

That's cool that those are the actual buggies from the Granite Mountain Hotshots.

"Kitsch is just mischief incarnate."

So both Josh and Joe acknowledge that Taylor playing Chris is kind of like playing himself which makes me love him more because I love him as Mack.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's so cool that the elk shot is real. I thought it for sure had to be CGI, it's a beautiful shot.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I wonder which guy it was that Josh punished by making him stay in his shelter for 20 minutes.
Probably Taylor.

I hate that they practice with those shelters so much, just to have them NOT work.

I just love that buggy scene. The way they were all talking to their families and then it gets to Christopher and he's dirty talking with his chick. hahahaha
Old 03-31-2018, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

90% himself. hahaha
Old 03-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Part of me thought it might be Taylor, but then again, when he's at work he can get pretty serious. Plus I'm not sure Josh wouldn't just call Taylor out in the commentary.

Taylor does some dirty talking in his movies...
Old 03-31-2018, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Man they traveled so much. I did look to see where the Granite Mountain Hotshots would travel to and it surprised me to see they came even all the way to Michigan to fight a fire. It had to be way up north in the UP, we don't have fires like that down here in the lower peninsula.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Man they traveled so much. I did look to see where the Granite Mountain Hotshots would travel to and it surprised me to see they came even all the way to Michigan to fight a fire. It had to be way up north in the UP, we don't have fires like that down here in the lower peninsula.
Yeah, I don't understand the logistics of it all.

I had a few "pee my pants" moments. Always alcohol induced. Two separate boyfriends and neither thought it was very funny. lol I won't go into detail.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ha, one of my roommates boyfriends used to pee the bed when we were in college, always alcohol related. She had a feather bed on top of her bed...it was a problem. Same said roommate totally ruined a desk chair when we lived in the dorms and she just couldn't hold it when she had a laughing fit. No alcohol involved.

That is a cute baby. The girl who plays Miles' baby's mom is good friends with Aimee Teegarden.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Fire Lords
Old 03-31-2018, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's actually not a bad name, but maybe too over the top for a hotshot crew.

That's funny they mention the chainsaw opening of the beer bottle. I remember that showing up on instagram from one of the extras when they were filming.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Brendan nailed that baby scene.

Yeah, not my finest moments. My friends who didn't know me then can't believe it when they hear the stories... I am not a big drinker now. I think I drank enough in my teens, twenties, and early thirties to last my lifetime. I still like my wine etc. but I usually have one or two only.... usually.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So that shirt that Taylor is wearing when Brendan comes in, they did an auction to benefit the Granite Mountain Hotshot fund and auctioned off all the stuff. I got that shirt Taylor wears for like 20 bucks. I have no idea what to do with it...it's just sitting in my room. But it's cool to have.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread