Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If it's not there are always online streaming links.

The cast of OTB will be doing a Live Q&A on Sunday at 1:05 p.m. EST.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's true, and I saw something about Hulu live sports.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A video of some of the reactions from the family of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, some are supportive, one set of parents not so much, they refuse to see the movie.

http://www.12news.com/news/local/ari...ovie/481493259

I think they're doing press today. An owner of a restaurant posted a picture of Josh and his wife with a caption that said they were chowing down before he had to go and promote the movie. Both Miles and Josh have tweeted/instagramed about the movie this afternoon.

I was thinking that AA really targeted those local news stations, I don't think OTB will do that, it's probably with more credible (I hate to use that word) industry media. So we might not get all the fan girling tweets and instagram pictures from the media this time around.

New still. Taylor front and center.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-07-2017 at 02:48 PM
Old 10-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

I can understand some of them not wanting to watch it, but I would think they would be honored to have such a homage to their family members... their story out there for everyone to know about. I hate to say that I actually had never heard of the story before and now I know who these 19 men were and their hero worthy story.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Taylor looks so small and so exhausted in that photo. He must be the type who drops weight really fast even when he's not trying. I bet his mom is always reminding him to eat and is constantly piling extra food on his plate when he comes home to visit.

I can understand the families and townspeople being concerned, but they've been downright hostile. Granted, it's only been four years, so they're still in the grieving process. In that context, I can see why they might feel it's too soon and that Hollywood is exploiting their tragedy.

And since there was also some speculation that the real Hotshots died because of their own errors, maybe the families are afraid that the filmmakers are going to pull a rope-a-dope on them and make the guys look bad. Plus the town seems so insular that maybe they just have a distrust of outsiders, period.

But these types of movies are made a lot and I don't ever recall the families being this angry and hostile. They have a right to grieve however they need to, but there's a point where they come off looking a little unreasonable. Especially when it seems the filmmakers have tried to be respectful and address their concerns. But who knows, maybe the filmmakers have only spun it that way.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They're doing the media screening for it tonight, along with what it seems like some interviews took place.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
But these types of movies are made a lot and I don't ever recall the families being this angry and hostile. They have a right to grieve however they need to, but there's a point where they come off looking a little unreasonable. Especially when it seems the filmmakers have tried to be respectful and address their concerns. But who knows, maybe the filmmakers have only spun it that way.
I didn't realize they were being so angry and hostile. That one newscast made it seem like most were totally fine.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Aside from that one couple, I admittedly skipped around the video, they didn't seem that hostile. With a group of 19 perished I'd imagine there would be some detractors but a lot of the families met with the actors that were playing their sons. We know Taylor had Chris's friend with him on set a lot...

These are a few of the reactions from family members, and then the one family that was interviewed and was pretty adamant about not wanting to see it.

Quote:
Joe Wojo:
I personally found some peace after seeing this movie.
I tried to watch it as a dad who lost his son,
I tried to watch it as a Wildland firefighter,
I tried to watch it as a structure fire captain,
I tried to watch it as the public at large.
I say whoever you are, see the movie.
I laughed, I cried and I held my breath.
I am hoping that this movie brings to light what these men and women do to protect our communities.
I also hope that this movie will give our Wildland firefighters more, "street credit".
Hopefully this will help them get better equipment, training,wages and benefits.
19 families..
I love them all!
Quote:
Desiree Steed I am with you Joe. The movie, while not perfect, brought to life happy memories making me laugh. Obviously, I also cried but ultimately I hope it brings a new level of awareness to who these men were and what Hotshots do. If at least some positive changes can come from this, I know Jesse would support it.
Quote:
DavidnShari Turbyfill Such a hollow tribute to such a tremendous sacrifice. A documentary would been in such a much better plan. With the focus on change and betterment for the safety of these Brave firefighters. People will do what they will do and I will say what I will say we're all entitled. Shari Turbyfill

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-07-2017 at 07:18 PM
Old 10-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hollow tribute. That reeks of bitterness.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Hollow tribute. That reeks of bitterness.
That's not good.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That's not good.
They're the couple that was in the interview that said they wouldn't see it. So, I think it's unfair to call it a hollow tribute without even seeing it. But they're entitled to how they feel obviously. If I lost someone I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Fan

I was going more by the totality of what I've read and seen, including the earlier article and a certain website. Some of the family members and townspeople were/are angrily against it. Not all or even most.

If I were the filmmakers, I'd feel tremendously happy to hear the movie gave surviving family members peace.

I wonder if Taylor/Chris is the one who provides most of the laughs.

Speaking of documentaries, wasn't there supposed to be one released to coincide with the movie? Or is that Waco I'm thinking of?
Old 10-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Nope you're right, I do believe there is a documentary associated with Conde Naste that's supposed to come out. I haven't heard anything about it though.

On the whole football game next weekend. I do hope someone on the RedSkins PR staff or Sony has the foresight to put Taylor in a John Riggins jersey just for ****s and giggles.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Nope you're right, I do believe there is a documentary associated with Conde Naste that's supposed to come out. I haven't heard anything about it though.

On the whole football game next weekend. I do hope someone on the RedSkins PR staff or Sony has the foresight to put Taylor in a John Riggins jersey just for ****s and giggles.
That would be awesome!
Old 10-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

GQ is about to go live with the cast for anyone that wants to watch right now.

https://www.facebook.com/gq/

Press conference set up.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-08-2017 at 10:46 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread