Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

Great parents
Old 07-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Hope they stay together

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

I love yous
Old 07-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Joined together

Cee Cee
Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Kissing each other
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Lovers

Cee Cee
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Motherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea (View Post)
Amy lied and said her and Ricky were married so they wouldn't have to have an actual wedding. She lied to buy her and Ricky some time to run off again and actually get married because she didn't want her mother there at her wedding with another woman. That's the reason for the lie. Basically, the lie is backfiring on Amy from what she wanted to happen. Instead of telling the truth and saying they're not married and having to have an actual wedding, she wanted to lie and say they were married to not get a wedding but Amy told Anne that she wanted a wedding so guess what --- Amy screwed up her own plan -- she's getting a wedding.
Hey Tanya! I totally agree with this. She said it at the start, she repeated it this episode. She really just wanted to elope. The first time didn't work out, but it didn't change what Amy wanted. She keeps saying it. She tells Ricky that's what she wants. I think she doesn't want to plan it after the last fiasco.

Did you catch her slip "I like being married, pretend married" I think she really does want to be married now. Like you said, she doesn't want to deal with all the people problems, and how those could ruin her wedding day. I can imagine the circus with Ann trying to find a date even though she isn't dating. George with Kathleen and the crazy way they've been behaving, Ben yelling and fainting through the ceremony, thank God Ashley ran off or she would be sure to throw more coals on the fire! I know this is a family drama, so I guess this has to happen

I wish they would elope. People have never really been that supportive or nice to Ricky and Amy as a couple, I don't see why that would change just for their wedding.

Tanya another survivor! Is the hiatus going to be 6 months again? I don't know why they do that...

Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Web Missed you around here

I totally agree with what you said. About the hiatus, I don't know if we're gonna have a 6 mos hiatus this time but we are ending a week earlier than last year so we could come back in January.

Nuptials, yay or nay.

An anon requested I make these..

Last edited by Sweet Pea; 07-12-2012 at 11:43 AM
Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Awww! Thanks Tanya! I've been lurking, but things were a little fast and furious here...

I'm not thrilled with the current SL, mostly because they are dragging it out, and we aren't getting much fluff. Otherwise, it's a drama, and that seems to mean melodrama from the characters! So I see where they are heading and it's OK with me. I just wish they would lose some of the extra characters.

Other half

Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm not thrilled with the current SL, mostly because they are dragging it out, and we aren't getting much fluff. Otherwise, it's a drama, and that seems to mean melodrama from the characters! So I see where they are heading and it's OK with me. I just wish they would lose some of the extra characters.
THIS especially the bolded part. With them dragging out Ramy's wedding, I wouldn't care if they did have them elope again or have a real wedding in an episode that's not a finale. Dragging it out is making it boring and I think they can do way much better.

And the extra characters are not bringing anything to the table. They are just there. The only character that's new that I like is Ethan. Kathy's okay, but I like Ethan.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea (View Post)
And the extra characters are not bringing anything to the table. They are just there. The only character that's new that I like is Ethan. Kathy's okay, but I like Ethan.
i agree with that!
more if we want to...

Perfect ending

TITLES??
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Of course they could do better! They've proven it in the past. 3B and 4A were fantastic! But seriously, after that 6 month hiatus, we're now getting 6 months of mostly static storyline.

For example. what was the point of Ashley coming back at all? I wouldn't have minded if she stuck around and took Adrian's place as Amy's antagonist, but to come back to make one snarky comment?
Raven being with Jack as a means of Dylan spying on Ben? What a reach.
What is the point of Ethan and Jacob?

They really need to stick to the main story line, and develop one or two strong subthreads. Right now they are just all over the place.

I want to really see the impact and fallout from the lie, not just these little hints about it. Longer conversations between Ricky and Amy, and encounters between them and others where the lie is standing out big in the way. Like Leo wondering where the insurance paperwork is. Or ANYONE asking where they got married, or why Amy hasn't changed her driver's license. They mention receiving gifts - and the heirloom bands, but it is third person. I guess it is so that AMy can continue to ignore the deception, while it bugs Ricky to distraction. Funny how Ricky has changed, he never used to care about lying.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I want to really see the impact and fallout from the lie, not just these little hints about it. Longer conversations between Ricky and Amy, and encounters between them and others where the lie is standing out big in the way. Like Leo wondering where the insurance paperwork is. Or ANYONE asking where they got married, or why Amy hasn't changed her driver's license. They mention receiving gifts - and the heirloom bands, but it is third person. I guess it is so that AMy can continue to ignore the deception, while it bugs Ricky to distraction. Funny how Ricky has changed, he never used to care about lying.
I completely agree. If everyone would calm down over them being 'married', they would realize they aren't married.I don't even understand why all the sudden interest in Ramy getting married when everyone on the show has been nothing but doubtful of their relationship from the beginning.

Also, I do agree. Ricky used to lie through his teeth and not even care he was lying and now he's grown up so much. I think he's the most mature character on the show. I'd be so disappointed if the make him digress.