Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

My major is nursing. I'm so excited this is my last year. I only have to take like two/three more classes next semester and even before then I can start applying to nursing school's I was looking at my application and they want essay type references and want me to write an essay on what it means to be a good nurse and so on. But I'm scared because they only take in certain amount of students a semester or year...depends on the school.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, that's a very tough major you got there! I don't think I can kil that to get the degree. Anyways you can do it! Essays suck I know. I remember how stressed I was back in high school that I had to write essays for colleges to accept me for the reasons why I should be part of it. Urgh. So stressful year of my life, I know. I had to like review everything and had my teachers to correct to see if that fit my character and everything. I know that feeling. I am majoring in Economics but I graduated 2 years ago so I plan to go back to college for another degree.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNaleyxX (View Post)
I am majoring in Economics but I graduated 2 years ago so I plan to go back to college for another degree.
The first and only time I ever took Economics was in high school and never taking it again lol..mainly because I didn't understand a word of it, but somehow I passed with a "B", go figure

What kind of job's can you do with an Economics degree?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

^That's the problem is that getting job based on your degree is the hardest task you have ever done in your life! The jobs would be working for gov't or places that are paid by gov't and of course popular common, the banks.

You think Economics is hard but I think nursing is hard! Weird, huh.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

You can be an economics teacher

People have been telling me that when they were younger all they needed was an AA degree and they can get any job they wanted and now..for us it's Bachelors and Master's. I personally would like to get a PhD, just cause I like to learn.

Alright, I'm tired from my day, so you have a great night Raddy.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I know! You need simple degree to get a much higher job to stablize your future but now more demands have been way too high on this planet. More pressure on us, huh. I have to get another degree which is why I just said that I plan to go back there anyways. *sigh*

Me being a teacher, uh..I am not good at presenting myself in front of students. I get so nervous so easily but IDK.

It was great talking to you! Gnighty Farina!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Night Farina!

I have an icon changing problem. I changed it like not even 3 days ago, and I just changed it again. I have a feeling after tomorrow night I'm going to want a Fringe related one too. I need to settle on an icon.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

3 days would be an achievement for me! I very, very rarely make it longer than two days... I start craving a new one.
Visit DCook & AI
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, I know that feeling. I always want to change icons but I always last a week or two, top. I still have hard time thinking if I should use Fringe icon since I like some scenes but I dont know. I just don't want to let Haley icon go or more new Haley icons would tempt me to change my original icons to her icons.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Karen - I had a good weekend. Relaxed a bit Saturday and celebrated my sister's birthday on Sunday. I got all caught up on Grey's this weekend.

Cee - I think we're all super anxious for the album. I'm counting down the days too!!! I have it pre-ordered.

Shanna - You should give The Office a shot one of these days. You watch FNL, right? Who's your favorite character? Ship(s)?

Sibel - I do too though I rarely get to unfortunately.

Rella

Raddy You can call me Mel.

Farina - I'm definitely looking for something else/deciding what i want to do. If you don't find something or aren't sure right now, I can see taking the supervisor's job. More money is good even if the job is a pain.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Mel, I love Matt/Julie on FNL. I haven't seen any of this season yet since I don't think I have Direct TV, but my friend gave me links to the episodes online, so I'll definitely watch when I have the chance! Ohh and I loveee Coach T/Tami too! But I think my favorite characters are Tyra, Matt, Julie, and Tim.

Yeah I think I'm going to change my icon again when I get home from school. I'm too picky. Hopefully I can find one a settle for a few weeks.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Hey there girls! I'm so happy because my day hasn't been hectic at all I didn't have to help my friend with linguistics and my best friend decided to go out another day; so i've just had two classes (four hours!) I can't wait to watch Fringe, i'm really excited!

What about you girls? How was your day?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Hi! What's your name?

Mel-I can't help but read your comment about FNL. I also watch that show but the thing is I missed season one, and started watching when it was season two, but I only missed two episodes. So I am not very aware of FNL original storyline in s1, but I heard most of it from friends of mine. I like Eric/Tami, Julie interaction with people, I also like Julie's friendship with Tim, and I love Taylor's family cuz they bring so warmful feeling and loving to the show.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

^ Hey! I'm Sibel! Nice to meet you What's your name?
Old 10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Sibel! I am Raddy. It's very nice to meet you too.