Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This Loud Morning - David's Sophomore Album Discussion #3: "You're left in awe with each track on the album."

Welcome to the 3rd "This Loud Morning" thread!

David's highly anticipated major label sophomore album.

Cover art for the Deluxe Edition of "This Loud Morning" and the Acoustic EP "This Quiet NIght":

(click to enlarge)

Release Date: June 28th, 2011

Tracklisting:
1. Circadian
2. Right Here, with You
3. We Believe
4. Fade Into Me
5. Hard to Believe
6. Take Me As I Am
7. Time Marches On
8. The Last Goodbye
9. Paper Heart
10. 4 Letter Word
11. Goodbye to The Girl
12. Rapid Eye Movement

Bonus Tracks (Deluxe Edition):
13. This Is Not the Last Time
14. Let Me Fall For You

BUY HERE

Quote:
(New York – NY) - Season 7 American Idol winner David Cook will be releasing his sophomore album, This Loud Morning (19 Recordings/RCA Records), on June 28th. This Loud Morning will be made available for pre-sale at DavidCookOfficial.com beginning on April 19th.

Cook will be returning to the American Idol stage on April 21st to perform the first single, “The Last Goodbye.” “The Last Goodbye” will be available for sale at DavidCookOfficial.com, iTunes and all other digital providers, as well as be serviced to radio on April 19th.

“The Last Goodbye” will also be made available as a free instant grat on April 19th for those who pre-order (or have already pre-ordered) This Loud Morning on DavidCookOfficial.com. The site also features new premium album configurations, which include exclusive music, merchandise and signed memorabilia.

Executive produced by Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox Twenty, Collective Soul), This Loud Morning features tracks written and co-written by Cook along with many acclaimed songwriters including, David Hodges, Ryan Tedder, Kevin Griffin and Marti Frederiksen.

Says Cook, "This album is the culmination of one of the loftiest endeavors I've ever undertaken. The end result is an album that I cannot wait to share with everyone." [Source]
Comprehensive list of all the available details:

Resource: TBA Sophomore Album (David Cook) | DavidCookOfficial.com

Previous Threads:
1 2

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 09-05-2011 at 01:12 PM
Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Laura! Here's hoping that the next single will be the breath of life this amazing album needs.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome! I think I'll be giving the OP a makeover. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Quote:
Here's hoping that the next single will be the breath of life this amazing album needs.
I really hope so too! It depends on the promotion the new single gets but I hope it can do its job of selling the album better than TLG did.

Just in case, I'll repost my last post from the previous thread:

RCA Ed has been speaking again:

Quote:
The new single isn't 100% confirmed yet, or at least that's what I know from radio. Soon though and yes, the AC movement for "TLG" is always nice, even though we're done with HAC.
Yay, so there will be another single! I take some of my bitching back. xD It still remains to be seen what they choose and how they promote it. I just hope it's going to be something that resonates and represents David as an artist better than TLG.

Ed said other stuff too:

Quote:
Apparently not. The AAA format is VERY quirky, has been forever, and if my radio team isn't pursuing DC singles there, it's because they know from conversations with programmers that they are simply not interested. Not at this time, anyway, but things change.
From what I've read this format plays/has played for example Adele (correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote:
Which leads me into the pending tour announcement, which I unfortunately still don't have. The routing is still being finalized and the bookers obviously want to wait til it's set before making their formal announcement. Here again, RCA does not control David's touring plans, so I'm waiting on their word just like the rest of you guys. Like most businesses, there's a lot of wait, wait, wait, HURRY HURRY HURRY involved with these dang announcements.

Sadly Vh1 did decide to yank the video from contention after deeming they'd supported it for many weeks already, and to make way for new clips coming in. I don't like it myself, but it's their programming prerogative, I guess.
Too bad about the TLG music video but all the more reason to move onto the next single (and hopefully there will be a video for it too!).

---

Another review:

David Cook - "This Loud Morning" - Newark Rock Music | Examiner.com

Rating for David Cook - This Loud Morning: 3 out of 5 stars

Quote:
This Loud Morning has a much more artsy feel than his last eponymously named album, which makes sense, seeing as how his first release arrived on the curtails of his American Idol win, and was targeted for a very select audience—the same people who watched the show. After successfully catering to them, Cook is now allowing us to see a more mature, artistic side to him than what we’re used to.
Pretty nice.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

They need to get on it with the promotion then!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt

There's so much for me to catch up with.
What are the options for the second single so far? I'm awful at picking these things.
I'd like Right Here, with You, but... anything would be good.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread, Laura. I love the title.

Right Here, With You' is a good choice, though I'm horrible at picking potential single too so who knows.

Good news about a new single. I wonder what it will be.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome guys! I'm still open for suggestions about the OP.

The single news is good although I hope they're not just throwing one out there and seeing if it sticks. The album dropped out of Billboard 200 this week (it's sold about 86,000 copies) so they might not be behind promoting it a lot. But it won't do its job if it doesn't get radio play. So I agree with Caitlin, they need to get on it with the promotion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
tftnt

There's so much for me to catch up with.
What are the options for the second single so far? I'm awful at picking these things.
I'd like Right Here, with You, but... anything would be good.
Ana! Welcome back! If you do catch up, let me know, I'd love to hear your thoughts on many things.

Oh, and please vote in the survivor! We need more regular voters.

As to the potential single, Right Here With You could work. It's kinda like TLG 2.0, better songwriting and it reflects David's style more. If they want something upbeat, it could be the way to go.

4 Letter Word could be an option for the label but that would cause some major bitching in the fandom, not that it matters. I wouldn't bitch but the single should probably be something more catchy.

I know FIM and TMAIA have come up in the past and FIM was a mini success on SYTYCD. But I think it should be something else than a ballad, those songs would just further establish David as a balladeer and not a rocker which I think they should be aiming for.

So basically they should go with Paper Heart. That song has so much hit potential IMO. Time Marches On is another alternative. Or if they wanna take a risk, choose Circadian. A brilliant song like it should be able to stand on its own, I don't think the "radio friendly" BS has anything to do with. The ultimate risk would of course be GTTG. Yes, it's also a ballad but it's different and it could surprise everyone.

---

A few words from RCA Ed:

Quote:
Hmmmm, got some tentative tour routing today and it's looking like some 40 dates covering every corner of the country, and I'm not seeing any colleges here. I'm happy...think you guys will be too. Well, most of you.
Relevant to getting TLM to new ears. 40 dates all over the country sound good to me, hopefully it's only the beginning.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope they give the next single a lot of thought and not just throwing something out there to see if it will stick with the audience.

There are some great songs in the album, a lot of them can make a great choice for a single.

Our of Circadian, Time Marches On, or Paper Heart....I think I'd choose Paper Heart.

Also, thanks for the RCA info. 40 dates is great, hope all the touring goes well.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope they give a lot of thought to the choosing of the next single and some good promotion too, although I guess from a business point of view it may seem like a waste of money when the album is no longer charting. Then again, who knows what it would be doing if they had switched singles early enough so they should at least try to fix their error.

And I agree, there are SEVERAL great choices for a single. I don't get the comments that TLG was the best shot and now that it failed, all hope is lost. Honestly, TLG is NOT the best song on the album. Maybe I'm stupid and give people (as in the general public who listens to music or radio, if you will) too much credit but how can songs like for example Circadian or Paper Heart not be better choices and be successful? Is choosing a single really rocket science like that? Can't a GOOD - no, make that GREAT - SONG reach people without having to be declared as "radio friendly" at first? How can some great rock songs of the past few years (I won't list any, anyone who listens to David Cook, knows what kind of music I'm talking about) have become hits if supposedly only "radio friendly" bubble gum poppish crap can do that? Sorry but I'm not ready to give up yet. This album DESERVES another chance.

Like someone very wise person once said, "this is not a goodbye, this is just a lullaby and everything will be alright." xD This baby may still have legs, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ok, I promise next time I post I'm not gonna rant, there will actually be something interesting.

---

ETA: I suppose since there's been talk about the tour it's good to have David's tweet in here too.

Quote:
Excited to be heading out on a co-headlining tour with @GavinDegraw! Should have dates up on davidcookofficial.com in about a week or so!
26 Aug via Twitter for iPhone
A co-headlining tour with a relatively successful artist of the same genre sounds great right about now. It's good to share the financial risk and there's always a great chance of gaining new fans from each other's fan bases. Hopefully the tour will be good for both of them!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 08-29-2011 at 10:15 AM
Old 08-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, it's good to rant! With you about several songs being good choices for a single. TLG is my least favorite song of the album, really, would like to see something else given a good shot at going somewhere.

You know, how great would it be to listen to those new TLM songs live on and on stage. Whoever goes to watch David is in for a treat.

Hope Gavin and David both have a great time on tour!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_Symmetry (View Post)
No, it's good to rant! With you about several songs being good choices for a single. TLG is my least favorite song of the album, really, would like to see something else given a good shot at going somewhere.
Haha, thanks, sometimes I need to let out some steam, you know? I'm glad you agree with me. TLG is my least favorite song of the album too and it just doesn't make any sense to me if the possible success (or failure) of the album is left to be up to the weakest song on it. Screw the "radio friendly" meme.

Quote:
You know, how great would it be to listen to those new TLM songs live on and on stage. Whoever goes to watch David is in for a treat.

Hope Gavin and David both have a great time on tour!
It would be AMAZING. Not even gonna lie, it'd be a dream come true to see him live even once in my life (most likely it'd be only once ). Maybe it will happen.

===

Alright, I was waiting for the new thread before posting these. I was also giving myself a bit more time to listen to these properly. xD

These are instrumental versions of the songs on TLM, background vocals included. I remember similar versions of the AH songs at least, probably DCTR too. I find these pretty cool and interesting so I wanted to share.

01. Circadian 02. Right Here, With You 03. We Believe 04. Fade Into Me 05. Hard To Believe 06. Take Me As I Am 07. Time Marches On 08. The Last Goodbye 09. Paper Heart 10. 4 Letter Word 11. Goodbye To The Girl 12. Rapid Eye Movement 13. This Is Not The Last Time 14. Let Me Fall For You

I'm really liking This Is Not The Last Time, Rapid Eye Movement, 4 Letter Word, We Believe and Circadian. Others too of course, but those pop out instrumentally. The drums and bass/guitar are great in those.

===

RCA Ed has spoken again. As per August 30:

Quote:
Sorry to all of our ex-U.S. resident fans, still waiting on a tour - I hope that you'll be next.
Total non-info, I know, but I hope so too!

Quote:
Yes, we stopped working "TLG" at HAC few weeks ago, continue to work AC, and should have a second single confirmed and on the schedule shortly. Rest those request line muscles while you can!
"Shortly" is apparently more than 6 days.

Quote:
Yep, as discussed, it's not impossible for a b-side/outtake to wind up a single - just unlikely.
How great would it be if for example TINTLT was a single? IMO that song has a country feel to it and we all know how well country does in the US.

Quote:
Our music license team is always pitching David's songs for TV and motion picture use. We've had a few close calls already and other projects are in discussion - love your suggestions.
It would be totally awesome if they got a David song submitted to a movie or a TV show soundtrack.

As per September 2:

Quote:
I'm still drumming my fingers on the ol' desktop, wondering what's holding up this dang tour announcement as well. But I can only surmise that the final routing is still being tweaked, so hang in there!
Well, as long as the dates come eventually. Then again, as a non-US resident, this has no relevance to me, really. xD
Old 09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tour dates are out?! *runs to website*

I'm still totally obsessed with Let me Fall for you Thats a lifer for me haha

So it's not his own tour huh? I have to sit through someone else? lol
Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
Tour dates are out?! *runs to website*
No they're not out yet, that's what those messages are about, we're still waiting.

Quote:
Aw, that's lovely to hear. Any other favorites?

Quote:
So it's not his own tour huh? I have to sit through someone else? lol
He'll be co-headlining with Gavin DeGraw. Their sets will be equally long and they'll probably takes turns performing first.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Haha, thanks, sometimes I need to let out some steam, you know? I'm glad you agree with me. TLG is my least favorite song of the album too and it just doesn't make any sense to me if the possible success (or failure) of the album is left to be up to the weakest song on it. Screw the "radio friendly" meme.
Yeah, exactly. I can't comment much about 'radio friendly' because I don't know what that mean anymore but there are loads of song on TLM with a lot of potential.

I just can't imagine someone not seeing how good 'Circadian' can be or how 'Paper Heart' can't be a good song to out there.

Quote:
It would be AMAZING. Not even gonna lie, it'd be a dream come true to see him live even once in my life (most likely it'd be only once ). Maybe it will happen.
There's still loads of time! David will be playing music for life.

Quote:
Alright, I was waiting for the new thread before posting these. I was also giving myself a bit more time to listen to these properly. xD

These are instrumental versions of the songs on TLM, background vocals included. I remember similar versions of the AH songs at least, probably DCTR too. I find these pretty cool and interesting so I wanted to share.
I'm so excited to listen to those! I can't do so now but I'll dedicate some time to listen to them tomorrow. Any favorites?

I'm really interesting in finding out what the next single is, exciting that it's confirmed. Also, hearing David on a TV show would be so exciting. Hopefully a popular one so more people can hear it.

Quote:
It's a wonderful song. I think I was smoking crack when I voted for it in the survivor.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No they're not out yet, that's what those messages are about, we're still waiting.
Oh oops
Quote:
Aw, that's lovely to hear. Any other favorites?
Hmmm Paper Heart and Goodbye to the girl oh and Time marches on.
Quote:
He'll be co-headlining with Gavin DeGraw. Their sets will be equally long and they'll probably takes turns performing first.
Oooh that sounds awesome! Thanks for the info I'm excited!
Quote:
It's a wonderful song. I think I was smoking crack when I voted for it in the survivor.
It really is I love it to death and oh my gosh you must've! haha